Surprise!

by Kelly on December 21, 2013

photo 2

It was an early Christmas for me when I received a brand new laptop computer and digital photo frame! Unknown to anyone, these items had both been on my wish list for quite some time, but more presphoto 3sing items always seemed to push them to the bottom of the list! Now I have a computer to help speed up posting and a digital photo frame to constantly display pictures in my living room!!! I’m bubbling over with joy! Thank you, Alexandria!!

photo 34While I was jumping up and down with excitement, the Boles family came rolling into our driveway with a gift for the kids…a foosball table! It has been the center of attention since it arrived! We had a surprise birthday party for Tori yesterday and it was the highlight of the fun! “Thank you” seems very small to express our true feelings of gratefulness! God has impacted our lives so often through our friends, not through gifts, but through the caring and the love our friends display! We hope to be that kind of friend back to others!

IMG_6074[1]

UPDATES:

Zach and Whit’s wedding was sweet and fun. I look forward to posting details and pictures. In the meantime, they are enjoying their honeymoon in Kauai and are posting about their vacation on their blog (zachandwhitney.blogspot).

IMG_0465Erin’s wedding pictures arrived, so many more pictures to come over the next few days as I try to catch up on my posting. Thank you all for your prayers and encouragement during both of these weddings. It was certainly a busy time for us, and we are grateful for family and friends that pitched in, especially for the help of Kim Nafziger, the wedding coordinator, who helped us keep order!

Both Erin and Zach were registered at Target for their weddings, and many family and friends bought them gifts. Sadly, the news announced over 4 million credit/ debit cards were compromised by this store during the dates of Nov. 27 to Dec. 15. If you happened to have purchased anything from Target during this time, please check your bank statement carefully.

Julia December 21, 2013 at 7:47 pm

How sweet! What fun early gifts! Whitney is gorgeous!!!!

Penny December 21, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Cant wait to hear about Zachs wedding and see pics….and to see more pics of Erins as well. You have certainly been busy…2 weddings, lots of guests, Christmas, and taking care of the family..all in such a short time span. My head would have been swirling. Plus you have the time to remind everyone about possible compromised credit cards! You are just taking care of all of us too!! Hopefully you can put your feet up and take care of you a bit! Merry Christmas to you and your family. No doubt, 2014 may be a busy one for you too….. Alyssa, who knows who else, and you never know, there may be a grandbaby at some point yoo. Rest up!

Anna December 21, 2013 at 11:00 pm

The lady at Target I talked to said that debit pin numbers were not caught. So debit cards should be alright!

Leah December 22, 2013 at 1:25 am

Just to let you know you forgot to add .com after zachandwhitney.blogspot. Merry Christmas Mrs. Bates!

Johnna December 22, 2013 at 2:02 am

Just wondering if both or either of the couples vowed to let the Lord determine the size of their families

Kelly December 27, 2013 at 8:38 pm

Dear Johnna,
They all love children, and all want the Lord’s will in this area of their lives. They are open to however He guides. Love, Kelly

JenniferL December 22, 2013 at 2:18 am

Wishing your family a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!

Kaci December 22, 2013 at 2:38 am

Thank you for sharing! :)

kelly December 22, 2013 at 6:06 am

i went to their blog and the Hawaii pics are WONDERFUL!

Krystle December 22, 2013 at 6:43 am

Congratulations Zach Whitney! looking forward to seeing pictures of their wedding day….God Bless them both……. Merry Christmas & Happy New Years God Bless

Kirsty Morley December 22, 2013 at 7:51 am

As always, thank you for taking the time to share. Wishing you all a very Merry Christmas.

Love and Peace, Kirsty in Cheshire, England.

Jane December 22, 2013 at 1:17 pm

My name is Jane and I am from Australia.

The photos you have posted on this site of Erin and Chad’s wedding are just stunning and I am eagerly waiting for more photos of Zach and Whitney’s wedding.

Out of curiosity I am wondering how both you and your husband Gil would feel if one of your children came to you and said that they have feelings for someone of the same sex? Would you support that child and let them be with the person that they choose, or would you try to discourage that type of relationship? It is not something that either you or the Duggers have ever said during any of your shows (and I have watched a lot of the Duggers shows) and I don’t think I am the only one who has wondered about this.

Looking forward to your honest response,
Jane

Kelly December 27, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Dear Jane,
If I bought a car and wanted to know how to have it last and run at its very best, I would need to consult the makers of that car, or the owner’s manual, to find out what the instructions are for proper care and use. Likewise, we have a Creator who knows what is best for us. He knows what will bring us the most joy, and Him the most glory. He has left us a manual, as well, the Bible. We encourage all of our children to follow God’s plan for their lives. Living outside of God’s plan will only bring temporary happiness at best, and it will most definitely end in heartache and despair. God’s Word is very clear to us on this subject. His will is one man and one woman, for life! To someone who might not know the Lord, His restrictions might seem harsh and unloving. Quite the contrary is experienced by those who know and love Him. His ways are best for us, even if we don’t understand. A two year old might cry because his parents buckle him in a car seat. limiting his freedom. The loving parent knows, however, that the car seat will protect him from calamity. Love, Kelly

Amy December 22, 2013 at 4:29 pm

The picture of you on the couch just makes me smile! You look so comfy and relaxed and you deserve it after such a busy month!:) Merry Christmas Bates Family! Love, Amy (NV)
ps my husband and I have started going through the Basic Seminar on Embassy Institute’s website and we are just so encouraged! We especially enjoy listening to you and Gil talk, thank you for being such a good example! We love your stories!

Natalie December 22, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Thank you for letting us know! I love how Whit and Zach are posting every day, on their blog!

Denise S. December 22, 2013 at 9:35 pm

So glad to hear you got a new laptop since Erin is out of the house now to use her’s.. hope they are doing well..Can not wait to see pictures of Zach’s wedding.. no doubt it will be as beautiful as Erin’s was.

Merry Christmas to you and the whole Bates Family. Will you be staying home or traveling? Hopefully taking it easy as much as you can.. God Bless

Denise

Kelly December 23, 2013 at 1:32 am

Dear Denise,
Chad and Erin are spending Christmas in Oklahoma with the Paines. Zach and Whitney arrive back from their honeymoon on Christmas day. The rest of us will spend a few days at Papa Bill’s. Love, Kelly

Tamyra December 22, 2013 at 10:12 pm

Its been very busy at your home. I love the wedding photos. Have a very blessed and Merry Christmas.

Nancy December 23, 2013 at 12:24 am

What a joyous season for y’all! Can’t wait to see many wedding pics!

Alexis December 23, 2013 at 1:43 am

I am truly humbled by your public recognition. It was a gift of love, and I am glad it was on your secret list :) .

Merry Christmas to you and your, now larger, family. May you be richly blessed.

Alexis

Kelly December 27, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Dear Alexis,
I really don’t know what to say! I didn’t have an address with the gift, only a name! I was speechless. I’m using the computer now…and have been every day since receiving it! They were costly gifts, I’m sure! Thank you seems very small compared to your thoughtfulness! Love, Kelly

Rebekah M. December 23, 2013 at 2:43 pm

What a wonderful early gift! I so enjoy your posts and am always looking for new ones. :) Especially more of the weddings.

Merry Christmas and happy New Year, Bates Family! God bless!

Tashia December 23, 2013 at 7:03 pm

So neat! I look forward to seeing more wedding pictures!! :)

Grace Elise December 27, 2013 at 2:50 am

How awesome! Merry Christmas! Quick Question: Do ya’ll do Christmas trees? I know some family’s do, and some don’t, and I’m trying to figure out for myself if it’s something we (my fiance and I) are going to be doing. Thank you!

Kelly December 30, 2013 at 4:49 am

Dear Grace Elise,
We do not, but we do use a lot of decorations to remind us of the reason we celebrate. We have several manger scenes lit up in prominent places, a cross, greenery, lights, and other décor to remind us of God’s gift! Love, Kelly

Michelle December 28, 2013 at 5:32 am

Kelly, on your webcam you might want to put like a sticky note on it. I hope that you have a great day.

I shared the same birthday with Zach, Jedidiah, and Jeremiah.

Happy New Year

Kelly December 30, 2013 at 3:56 am

Dear Michelle,
I had never heard of that, but thanks for the advice. It’s all taped up now! Love, Kelly

Diane December 28, 2013 at 5:33 am

Many thanks for sharing your lives and offering encouragement by way of the standards you aspire to keep and your courage to keep, keeping at it! Thank you and Congratulations on your children’s marriages! It is a joy and encouragement to follow you and your family.
We are to give our children a foosball table and I was hoping to learn any information you can offer regarding your table! It looks sturdy and of good quality. What a fantastic gift for many hours of good clean fun. Thank you Kelly!

Kelly December 30, 2013 at 3:49 am

Dear Diane,
It is very sturdy and the kids have thoroughly enjoyed it! It has been a fun source of entertainment! Love, Kelly