Wedding Prep

by Kelly on December 3, 2013

unnamedMany people helped us in preparing for Chad and Erin’s wedding. Our wonderful coordinator, Kim Nafziger, worked diligently for weeks to make sure everything was organized, planned, purchased, decorated, and in order.  My sister, Kim Adkins from Gallery Florist in Mebane, NC, made all floral arrangements, wedding bouquets, and reception décor. My sister, Kay Mount from Ringgold, GA, made the wedding cake and grooms cake. Skylar Weiss coordinated all food planning, purchasing, preparation, and photo (1)serving for the reception.  Alan Frye and Richie Nichols of Vol’s Market in Knoxville, TN, prepared and donated the chicken salad and pimento cheese.  Mrs. Bell from Buford, GA prepared and donated cheese straws. The Duggars and many other volunteers helped with all decorating and clean up.  The wedding could have never been so successful without all the time and energy that was devoted to help. We are very grateful!

(Photos on this post are by Andrew Patton)

2530_549072605178901_1314326028_n1454812_10200764154095374_105967733_ne10photo 354image (2)image89photo 2e11photo 1e126e15e13

Caitlin December 4, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Looks like everybody had fun working together! Thanks for sharing.

Pat December 4, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Thanks for sharing all your pictures, love seeing them. You are blessed to have such loving family and friends. It was fun for me to see your sister is from Ringgold, GA. That is where my Mom was born and she passed away many years ago (1972), I have always wanted to visit there but never had the opportunity. Blessings to you and yours and thank you again for sharing your lives with us!

Kassidy Noel December 4, 2013 at 4:03 pm

It’s neat to see all the “behind” the scenes work! What a testimony to the Bride and Groom of how much they are loved. Josie and Katie could pass for twins. All your children are handsome, but those two are cute as can be. :)

Kassidy

Amy December 4, 2013 at 5:03 pm

Many hands make light work! You all have wonderful friends! Will Zach and Whitney’s wedding be at the same church? Did they decide on where to go on their honeymoon? What a busy season in your home right now!! God bless you all:)
Love, Amy (NV)

Kelly December 4, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Dear Amy,
Zach and Whitney are using First Baptist Church in Lake City. They will be going to Kauai. Love, Kelly

alexia December 4, 2013 at 5:43 pm

erin is so pretty in that dress!

Michelle K December 4, 2013 at 6:24 pm

Hi Kelly!! You guys do weddings like we do! Everyone pitches in! The pics are beautiful and wow what talented sisters you have!!! Praying for blessings for your family! What an inspiration! I wanted to ask a quick homeschool question… Do you guys use spectrum material also? I thought I recognized it on a show (19 in training) . I am a homeschooling mother also from Alabama and I love your blog! Thanks for your example! Love in Christ, Michelle

Kelly December 5, 2013 at 5:51 am

Dear Michelle,
I do use some of their workbooks for supplemental writing exercises. Love, Kelly

Michelle K December 5, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Thanks for replying!! We use some for the same purpose!!! We love Abeka! Merry Christmas! Love, Michelle

Elena December 4, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Did Chad decide to use his groom’s cake as a birthday cake for Mr. Gothard? Because I noticed that on his groom’s cake, it says “Happy birthday!” to him and was just wondering. If that’s the case, what a selfless act from him and Erin to include his birthday celebration on their special day!

You and Gil should go out for a weekend getaway after Zach and Whitney get married. Two weddings a month apart?! You two deserve a little relaxation..until Alyssa announces her engagement, that is ;)

Kelly December 5, 2013 at 5:49 am

Dear Elena,
You’re sweet…We’ll probably use the time to gear up for the Christmas holidays!! Yes, it was Mr. Gothard’s birthday and they knew they probably wouldn’t have met if it wasn’t for him! Love, Kelly

T. Gates December 4, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Does the groom’s cake say “happy birthday” to someone?

Kelly December 5, 2013 at 5:47 am

Dear T. Gates,
Yes. It was Mr. Gothard’s birthday and Chad and Erin wanted to honor him since they met through his ministry, and since he has been such an encouragement to them. Love, Kelly

Rachel [Wissmann] Busenitz December 4, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I love seeing all that teamwork. What a blessing it is when the body of Christ pulls together — especially for such a joyous celebration! My sisters visited me this week and were full of delightful stories of their time with y’all during the Bible Bee. We’re so grateful for your family and beautiful testimony!

Jordan December 4, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Wow! How neat that so many volunteered to be special part of such a special day. Thank you for taking the time to share these pictures! We can’t wait to see more! Sincerely, Jordan

Lydia-Grace December 4, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Great pictures!
I love to see behind the scenes stuff!

Lydia-Grace December 4, 2013 at 10:10 pm

It must have been a lot of work planning!
Thanks for sharing!

Rebecca December 5, 2013 at 1:15 am

I absolutely love the sense of community and fellowship in these pictures. What a blessing it must be to have so many people loving and caring for your family during this exciting celebration! Thank you so much for sharing your families adventures. The way that you do all things for the Lord and with Him in mind is so refreshing and motivating.

Congratulations to Erin and Chad and God Bless!

Lynn December 5, 2013 at 3:41 am

It is so nice seeing such a loving family an friends working together for Erin ,thanks for all yall do an for sharing it all with us. God Bless you an your family an friends.

Grace December 5, 2013 at 2:32 pm

Looks like it was a wonderful wedding!

Latisha December 5, 2013 at 3:24 pm

Looks like you guys had great help. So happy you had so many people. I am planning my own wedding right now. Any suggestion on things to make it not break the budget? Where did Chad and Erin go on there honeymoon? :)

Kelly December 22, 2013 at 3:47 am

Dear Latisha,
Shop clearance and used items for things like your slip and shoes. Shop on craigslist for wedding décor; people often resale their items cheaper. Go simple! Put your money in photos and honeymoon more than food and décor, because those memories will last longer. Erin and Chad went to Ireland for their honeymoon. Love, Kelly

Charlene December 5, 2013 at 8:27 pm

Hi Kelly! This is unrelated, but I was wondering what your preference is for prenatal vitamins when you are expecting. Thanks in advance! God bless.

Kelly December 22, 2013 at 3:38 am

Dear Charlene,
They tell me that the all natural ones that you take 6 times a day are best and are absorbed the easiest. I’m not the best authority on the subject because I am not consistent in taking them. I can tell the difference when I do take them, but swallowing large pills is difficult for me, and queasiness usually caused me to delay starting them. This is one of those answers where its best to not follow my example. Vitamins are important, and I know they help both baby and mom…so keep up the good work! Love, Kelly

Elena December 5, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Great pictures, thanks for sharing your busy lives with me (a big fan). Keep em coming. Did they have a honeymoon, if so where did they go?

God Bless

Kelly December 7, 2013 at 6:04 am

Dear Elena,
They went to a cabin in Gatlinburg the first two nights, then to Ireland for a week. Love, Kelly

Natalie December 5, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Wow! They had a beautiful wedding! I love the birds! How are Zach and Whitney? I have not got an update for a while.

Kelly December 7, 2013 at 5:56 am

Dear Natalie,
Doing great…planning away and counting down! Love, Kelly

Denise S. December 6, 2013 at 2:42 am

Thanks for sharing the pictures of the behind the scenes. How many people did you serve at the reception? Looks like everyone was having a great time. Good luck on Zach’s wedding coming up.. I hope you can relax after that..you will need it.

Hope Chad and Erin are all settled in..does Erin graduate soon?

Take care.. &. Happy Holidays to you, Gil and the rest of the family.

Kelly December 7, 2013 at 5:55 am

Dear Denise,
There were about 1000 people there. Erin should graduate in May. Love, Kelly

mjw December 9, 2013 at 3:06 am

Wow! A thousand people at a wedding? I don’t think I know a thousand people. .,..much less want all those folks at my wedding. Will Zachary and Whit have such a large crowd?

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Dear MJW,
No, they had a smaller wedding, with about 400 people. Love, Kelly

Anne December 11, 2013 at 1:36 am

I just read this and my jaw dropped. You all planned a wedding for 1000 in just a matter of months?? My gosh, I have so much respect for you! I planned my wedding over the course of two years and was still stressed. You could start a wedding planning business! :)

Kaye December 6, 2013 at 11:46 pm

I’ve never heard of a groom’s cake before – can you explain what the meaning of this tradition is?

Best wishes and congratulations!

Kelly December 7, 2013 at 5:54 am

Dear Kaye,
The wedding cake is usually white cake, but some also add a smaller groom’s cake which is usually chocolate. Love, Kelly

Franny December 7, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Kaye – groom’s cakes are a very Southern tradition, while the real cake (we could say the “bride’s cake”) might be nice and pretty, the groom’s cake might be something more fun and silly. I always think of the movie Steel Magnolias where the cake was an armadillo.

Mrs. Bates – could you share the full menu? It sounds like you had quite a buffet!
God bless,
Franny

Ashley December 7, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I love the wedding pictures!!! It looks like alot of work- putting the wedding together, but all worth it. Will there be any pictures from Erin and Chad’s honeymoon?
Love in Christ,
Ashley

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Dear Asley,
Hopefully…I’m very behind though! Love, Kelly

Sarah December 7, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Hi there!
These pictures are gorgeous, Erin and Chad make a beautiful couple. I was just wondering, are they planning on letting God decide the size of their family? What are their feelings about birth control?

Thanks!
Sarah

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Dear Sarah,
They are trusting God with that area of their lives. Love, Kelly

Cindy Kang December 8, 2013 at 4:05 am

Mrs. Bates I really admire the Duggars and your family :) . How many people attended the wedding?

Kelly December 8, 2013 at 5:49 am

Dear Cindy,
About 1000. Love, Kelly

Krystle December 9, 2013 at 7:10 am

Awesome pics and very pretty cake. Love how everyone helped to make Chad and Erin’s wedding day a special day they can remember forever. God bless and Merry Christmas.. Congratulation again to Erin and Chad

Amanda December 9, 2013 at 1:59 pm

What a beautiful wedding Chad and Erin had! I cannot wait to pictures from Zach and Whitney’s wedding come up this weekend. I do have a question to ask. Our family has similar beliefs as you do, we trust the Lord for our family size. My husband and I have been married almost 8 years and we have so far been blessed with 5 children. They are Sarah (5), Jackson (4), Andrew (3), Nathan (1) and I am expecting our 5th due in May. We also homeschool the oldest 2, and will the rest as they grow older. There are many days that I get easily overwhelmed, and sadly I have to admit sometimes I yell because of it. I don’t have any help other than my husband when he is home. My husband doesn’t see how I get overwhelmed, and makes comments like “how are you going to manage when we have 7 or 8 kids running around. How did you get through the years when your older ones were all little? I need advice. Thanks! We love your family, and your such an encouragement to us.

Kelly December 23, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Dear Amanda,
I tried to realize that my responses were determined greatly by my perspective on things. I had to change my perspective. Instead of seeing crying and noise as an annoyance, I had to remind myself that crying was music to my ears because it was coming from my precious babies. Instead of letting spilled milk rattle my nerves and stress me out, I had to learn to see it as just an every day occurrence that was no big deal. I hummed hymns throughout the day, especially if I felt myself becoming flustered (hymns have a very soothing effect)…I hummed a lot!! I still do that!! I tried to count my blessings daily!! I tried to undo my “perfectionist” mindset, realizing that a little mess, a little chaos, a little disorganization, a little rowdiness was okay. Having to have everything perfect can cause you to get stressed much easier, because your goal will be blocked often! I had to reflect on the future often…how did I want my kids to remember me? When they were telling their spouse and kids about me and our home life together, what did I want those memories to look like?? Pause to think about what’s really important. Learn to enjoy your time. Roll around on the floor together, have a water gun fight, chase each other, ride pillows down the stairs, fill your lap with kids and read a book…fill your moments with treasured memories, not frustrations! Love, Kelly

Taylor December 9, 2013 at 5:36 pm

The back of Josie’s head really looks like Alissa’s hair! So cute!

Bethany December 10, 2013 at 12:04 am

What a blessing to see friends and family come together to prepare for this joyous occasion! Thank you Lord for friends and family! Kelly and Gil, you are blessed abundantly! Praise the Lord!

Geyce December 10, 2013 at 4:59 pm

Hi Mrs. Bates,
This is just an idea I got. I love Erin cds and I was thinking of a Christmas piano cd.
I know will be great.
Thank you for your families testimony.
Geyce

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Dear Geyce,
That has been on her heart for several years, and she is saving towards that goal. Love, kelly

Taylor December 10, 2013 at 7:30 pm

Are they planning to have kids ASAP or not?!?

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:17 pm

Dear Taylor,
I think they’re open to whatever the Lord’s will is. They both love children. Love, Kelly

Robin December 10, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Dear Mrs. Bates,

Merry Christmas to you and your family! Congratulations to all of the blessing that are happening to your family. I just wanted to send you a quick note to let you know that on your Home Page under “Attention” you have Zach’s wedding happening in November. I know everyone knows it’s just days away (So happy for all of you) should you want to change it.
With Joy because of Jesus,
Robin

Kelly December 23, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Dear Robin,
Thanks…Everyone has been so patient with our website that is so out of date! I’m reading this too late to correct for the wedding, but I’ll hopefully be able to update the entire site soon. Love, Kelly

rebecca December 11, 2013 at 2:06 am

Beautiful family many blessings for the newlyweds, also I wandered had you ever heard of the’ children learn what they live’ poem, I find it some of the best encouraging words for parents and your children are good example of this way of parenting, they are a credit to you. God bless

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:13 pm

Dear Rebecca,
No I haven’t heard of it, but would love to read it. Love, Kelly

rebecca December 31, 2013 at 1:32 pm

If children live with criticism, they learn to condemn.
If children live with hostility, they learn to fight.
If children live with fear, they learn to be apprehensive.
If children live with pity, they learn to feel sorry for themselves.
If children live with ridicule, they learn to feel shy.
If children live with jealousy, they learn to feel envy.
If children live with shame, they learn to feel guilty.
If children live with encouragement, they learn confidence.
If children live with tolerance, they learn patience.
If children live with praise, they learn appreciation.
If children live with acceptance, they learn to love.
If children live with approval, they learn to like themselves.
If children live with recognition, they learn it is good to have a goal.
If children live with sharing, they learn generosity.
If children live with honesty, they learn truthfulness.
If children live with fairness, they learn justice.
If children live with kindness and consideration, they learn respect.
If children live with security, they learn to have faith in themselves and in those about them.
If children live with friendliness, they learn the world is a nice place in which to live.

this poem always stuck in my mind , god bless

kristen December 11, 2013 at 7:39 am

The pics are absolutely gorgeous! I love your humble spirit, such an encouragement :-) how long before we see a TLC special?

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Dear Kristen,
I’m not sure when it will air, but will try to let you know. Love, Kelly

Rashe December 11, 2013 at 5:32 pm

You are not in any of the pictures posted!

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Dear Rashe,
I was probably running to and fro trying to get things in order…lol! Love, Kelly

Laura December 11, 2013 at 5:53 pm

I noticed on Elizabeth Zellon’s website that she included a three-stone blue topaz ring with the wedding rings. Was this her “something blue”? Who gave it to her?
Laura

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:11 pm

Dear Laura,
The blue ring was the purity ring Erin chose for her birthday present when she was younger. It was symbolic of her faithfulness to Chad. Love, Kelly

Johnna December 13, 2013 at 11:24 am

Will Chad and Erin continue to live in Tennessee after she graduates or will they move back to his place of employment?
They are a beautiful couple. We are not members of the Gothard organization but hope to visit in Big Sandy this year in attempts to meet more people of your kind.

Sincerely,
JB

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Dear Johnna,
I think they’re just taking one day at a time right now, but are open to where ever the Lord leads. Love, kelly

Pat Hale December 13, 2013 at 10:55 pm

Everything looks just beautiful! How did you feed and accommodate 1000 people?? Wow!!

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Dear Pat,
Soooooooooo many people helped! Our wedding coordinator, Kim Nafziger, was amazing!! Skyler Weiss took charge and volunteered to handle all food prep, plus manage the tables. The chicken salad and pimento cheese was donated by Vol’s Market. The cheese straws were donated by a sweet lady in Atlanta. Chick-fil-A offered us an incredible deal on the nuggets. The rest was all pulled together by teamwork: many volunteers!!! Love, Kelly

Julia December 13, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Soooo pretty and fun!! I love the blue color theme~

Samantha Hunter December 14, 2013 at 2:38 am

Hi Kelley, Your family is really an inspiration to me. The pictures are gorgeous. Will Chad and Erin be living in Tennessee? And will Zach and Whitney? And I know you are excited about opening your doors to have another son and daughter. And Alyssa in a courtship! You will be getting another son before you know it.:)

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Dear Samantha,
Yes, they both live in Tennessee near us. Erin has one more semester of college, so I’m not sure where they’ll live after that. Love, Kelly

Becky T. December 14, 2013 at 9:22 am

Dear Bates Family,
Praying for your family today as your oldest baby and oldest son leaves the nest. Praying for you all today!!!

Blessings,
Becky

Alexis December 14, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Praying for happiness, success, and a blessed day today, on Zach and Whitney’s wedding. May the Lord cover them and all who are there in blessings.

Praying for all of you today.

Alexis

Julia December 15, 2013 at 7:58 am

What was on the menu?

Kelly December 22, 2013 at 3:26 am

Dear Julia,
chicken salad and pimento cheese sandwiches, chick-fil-a nuggets, turkey with cheese cube and olive or pickle, cheese ball and crackers, cheese straws, fruit, veggies and dip, chips and dip, nuts, cake, and punch. Love, Kelly

Sarah December 16, 2013 at 7:43 am

How did you prepare the younger children for 2 of their siblings moving out?

How did both couples shop for everything that is needed for a house besides shower and wedding gifts?

I enjoy reading about your family.

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Dear Sarah,
I guess I didn’t prepare them enough…they spent the first week sobbing. It was late nights with lots of tears at first. I think once Erin and Chad returned from their honeymoon, and they began to understand they would still see them, it got easier. It was much easier on them when Zach got married, because they understood that it wasn’t so final. Most of their furniture came from family hand me downs or thrift stores. Love, Kelly

Donna December 16, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Just wondering if all your siblings have “K” names. I noticed in this story that you mention your sisters Kim, and Kay, and of course, you’re Kelly.
Looking forward to all the news about Zack and Whitney’s wedding Dec. 14th. Hope that was just as blessed as Erin and Chad’s wedding.
God Bless all, and hope you all have enough energy left to prepare for Christmas!!!!

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 7:56 pm

Dear Donna,
Yes, my brother was named after my father, Kenneth (but we called him “Chip). My sisters are Kay and Kim. I was originally named “Lisa,” but at five years old, my parents had my name changed to “Kelly” to match the pattern. After I got married, my mother adopted my two sisters: Beth and Beka. Love, Kelly

Peyton Moore December 16, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Mrs.Bates
How is Chad and Erin doing?? I live in Oklahoma but in the Tulsa area. Chads cousin Alyssa is my friend and she said Chads family lives about an hour from Bartlesville if so what town is that?? My mom was a teacher and she was just wondering what town he lived in because she might know him. How old is Carlin?? And do you I have a mailing address I could send y’all something in the mail?? Oh ya and btw I’m a seamstress but who made your girls swimsuits?? I know it was one of you daughters but I can’t remember which one. Could you maybe ask her if it was super hard to make them and what material she uses?? Thanks so much!!!!!! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 7:59 pm

Dear Peyton,
They are doing great. Chad’s family lives in Agra, but are originally from Indiana. Michael sewed the dresses. She used a lycra/ spandex material and tazlin. Love, Kelly

Peyton Moore December 16, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Mrs.Bates

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 7:51 pm

Dear Peyton,
Chad and Erin are doing great. They’re so bubbly and so fun to be with! The Paines live in Agra, but have only lived there a short time. Michael is the seamstress for the family. She used two materials for the swim dresses. The leggings and sleeves were made from a lycra/ spandex blend. The dress was made from tazlin. She attached the leggings to the waist of the dress. Love, Kelly

Ashley December 18, 2013 at 12:49 am

I loved the pictures of the cake, erin and chad, and the many others!!! I am glad they had a great weddding and honeymoon. Are you going to post any picutres of Erin and Chad’s honeymoon? Did Zach and Whit get married on the 16th?
God bless you!!!
Love in Christ,
Ashley

Ashley December 18, 2013 at 12:50 am

I was also wondering if there will be a place where we can comment on Erin and Chad’s website. Will they have a blog and show pictures?
Love Ashley

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Dear Ashley,
I’ll ask them. I know they’ve been extremely busy painting and setting up their new house. :) Love, Kelly

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 7:44 pm

Dear Ashley,
I’ll ask them to post on their site, and I’ll post some too! Zach got married on Dec. 14! Love, Kelly

Sam December 18, 2013 at 11:20 pm

Looks like its time to update the ‘About our family’ section :)

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 7:40 pm

Dear Sam,
Yes! Unfortunately, the man that helps with our website has not been able to work because his toddler was involved in a lawn mower accident. Their family has been through quite a lot recently. So, our website has been put on hold for now. Love, Kelly

Symphony December 24, 2013 at 4:16 pm

How is the toddler and the rest of the family doing? Ive been praying for them,
I hope God gives a speedy recovery! Merry Christmas!
Love, symphony

Kelly December 30, 2013 at 4:53 am

Dear Symphony,
I’m sure your prayers will mean a lot. They are back home and I will let them know you inquired about them :) love, Kelly

Symphony December 30, 2013 at 10:58 pm

Thank you for the update! Ill continue praying!
Love, symphony

Khiana December 18, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Hi Kelly.

I was just wondering. Were the Wilsons at Zach or Erin’s wedding. They haven’t been on 19 Kids and Counting for a couple of seasons. I would love to see the family again and see how the children have grown.

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 7:38 pm

Dear Khiana,
No, they didn’t make it to either wedding. We’d love to see them again soon! Maybe that means they’re having lots of opportunity to sing and preach! :) Love, Kelly

Julia December 19, 2013 at 12:39 am

How did Zach’s wedding go??? Can we see pics?? :-)

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Dear Julia,
The photographer told us she would send the pics in 3 weeks. We just got all of Erin’s back, so I’ll post those. Hopefully, Zach’s will be in soon after. Love, Kelly

Marlene December 19, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Congratulations on your daughter and sons marriage. You have a wonderful family who do so much good in the world and you are a wonderful example to so many.

alex December 19, 2013 at 7:37 pm

Hello Kelly,

The food looks delicious and I’m sure you’ve seen my other responses where I usually ask about your recipes, so I’m wondering, what all was made for the food? Also, on the photographer’s website there were photos with three rings (erins) – why three? I understand the engagement and wedding band but not the other.

Bless,
Alex

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Dear Alex,
The food included: chicken salad and pimento cheese sandwiches, cheese straws, chick-fil-a nuggets, chips and dip, veggie tray and dip, fruit tray, cheese ball and crackers. turkey rollups with cheese cube and with olive or pickle, cake, and punch.
The blue ring that Erin wears was the purity ring she chose for a birthday when she was younger. Love, Kelly

DeLyssa Davis December 20, 2013 at 5:11 am

Love your family!!! Love all the pictures!!!

Can’t wait to see pictures from Zach wedding.

Juanita December 21, 2013 at 3:16 am

Thanks for sharing about all the details of the wedding. Looking forward to the next updates from Zach and Whitney’s wedding. Happy 18th birthday to Tori; wow; another adult daughter! What is she doing now? Has she officially graduated from homeschool or still working on it? What’s next? College courses? Job? More missions trips?

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 7:29 pm

Dear Juanita,
Yes, she graduated this year. She began last year taking dual enrollment courses at Crown College, during her senior year. Hopefully, she’ll continue some classes at Crown. Love, Kelly

Natalie December 24, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Where can I find their wedding video?

Kelly December 30, 2013 at 4:37 am

Dear Natalie,
It has not aired yet, but will be on TLC 19 kids and Counting. Love, Kelly

Denise Johnson December 26, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Hi Kelly, sorry if I already asked this, but does any of your sons have purity rings? It seems to me that most Christians are only focused on their daughters purity.

Kelly December 27, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Dear Denise,
That’s a good question, and one we’ve never thought of. We do talk to our sons about purity regularly, and ask them to make a commitment, but have never used a symbol with them. It seems most guys we know don’t wear rings, except for a wedding ring. But we could maybe choose another symbol. Food for thought! Love, Kelly

Denise Johnson December 29, 2013 at 6:46 pm

I don’t know any personally, but I do know that some boys wear purity rings. They talk about it on Christian documentaries and what not. Also, I do know that boys do wear rings, whether its a school ring or a ring that shows their faith (like a cross or something).