Chad and Erin Paine

by Kelly on November 25, 2013

IMG_0344   On November 2, 2013, we watched the daughter that we still view as a little girl romping around our living room floor, bringing smiles to all, suddenly grow up and launch a new beginning of her life as MRS. PAINE! What an incredible emotional journey of joy, excitement, love, and yes, tears too! Our hearts are so full now that its hard to imagine how life could have been any better! Chad has become much more than family…his compassion, spiritual wisdom, and servant’s heart has earned him a place of sincere admiration in our hearts. Watching the two lovebirds gaze at each other and smile has been sunshine to our souls!

Sharing all of our sentiments of gratitude to those who helped pull of this enormous event will probably take several posts (Which have been delayed, due to so much flurry of activity in our home lately Smile) But for now, we especially want to thank so many who sent cards, presents, and prayers. We also want to appreciate those who made the effort and sacrifice to travel and join us in our celebration! You made us feel very loved and very grateful for friends! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

(Wedding photography on this post is by Elizabeth Zellon)1468551_1380822312142688_1186764228_nIMG_0522img_0338IMG_0526img_0401img_0443IMG_0413img_0365IMG_0372IMG_0510money shotIMG_0311

Melinda November 26, 2013 at 12:58 am

What a gorgeous couple. So precious and in love. Thank You for sharing this part of your lives with us!!!!!!!!!

Lisa November 26, 2013 at 1:00 am

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing, and for their wonderful example of waiting and a Godly courtship!
Blessings-
Lisa :)

Stacie Lawless November 26, 2013 at 1:16 am

I am so happy for Erin and Chad! They are a beautiful couple and a wonderful example of a pure relationship. I love keeping up with your family, and I am so happy for Erin! I enjoy listening to her cds! Where did she get her wedding dress? It is absolutely gorgeous and she looks stunning!
Blessings!

Kelly November 26, 2013 at 2:02 am

Dear Stacie,
It came from David’s Bridals. Becky Hodson, head seamstress there, worked wonders to recreate and altar it to suit Erin’s style. Love, Kelly

Brandi J. November 26, 2013 at 1:18 am

Dear Kelly & Bates Family,
I’m a fellow Eastern Tennesseean and I absolutely love keeping up with your family! You are such an inspiration to me and many others. I wish your TV show still aired. Congratulations to Erin & Chad and wish them many years of happiness! I have a couple questions. Will Zach & Whitney be getting married in Tennessee and will you post pics on your website? Also does Alyssa & John have a date in mind for their big day?? Thanks again and many congrats and blessings to you and your family! -Love, Brandi

Kelly November 26, 2013 at 1:52 am

Dear Brandi,
Yes, Zach and Whit’s wedding is in about 3 weeks in Lake City! John and Alyssa aren’t engaged, so they haven’t set a date…but I suspect they won’t take too long since they spent a lengthy get to know you time together. Love, Kelly

Amy November 27, 2013 at 12:46 am

Chad and Erin, Thanksgiving, and Zach and Whitney in 3 weeks????? Bless you, Kelly! I’m sure your heart is full, but I bet you’re doing A LOT of work right now!!!!

Julia November 30, 2013 at 7:58 pm

Hi there! Where is lake city??? Just curious :-)

Kelly December 4, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Dear Julia,
It is about twenty minutes outside of Knoxville, Tn, close to the Kentucky border. It’s about an hour from Gatlinburg. Love, Kelly

Sunshine November 26, 2013 at 1:22 am

I pray that Chad and Erin have many fond memories in their new chapter.
God Bless!

Johanna November 26, 2013 at 1:32 am

What a beautiful wedding! :)

Lynn November 26, 2013 at 1:32 am

She looks soooo pretty, I love her dress, Where did she get it . How did she make it look modest. Hope to see more pictures soon

Kelly November 26, 2013 at 1:49 am

Dear Lynn,
The dress was from David’s Bridals. It was sleeveless, backless, and low cut originally. Their seamstress, Becky Hodson, worked an absolute miracle! She did wonders to raise the neckline and back and add sleeves. Love, Kelly

alex December 19, 2013 at 8:35 pm

I’m curious on your modesty standards, what areas do you try and keep covered? Have you ever thought about covering your hair as referenced 1 Corinthians 11:1-34?

Kelly January 17, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Dear Alex,
We’ve never worn head coverings, but want to encourage anyone that feels God is leading them that way. We do not feel convicted, personally, due to the historical background and context of the verse, but do not want to hinder, with our discussion, anyone else who interprets this differently. Love, Kelly

Rachel November 26, 2013 at 1:34 am

Oh, how beautiful! I have been waiting to see these pictures and I am so happy for your family. What a dynamic couple! The Lord is going to continue to use them in mighty ways. God bless the newlyweds and your entire family!

With love,
Rachel

Susan November 26, 2013 at 1:38 am

Beautiful!

LaRae Heinle November 26, 2013 at 2:04 am

Magnificent wedding and I wish Gods blessings always! Thanks for taking the time to up date all of us who enjoy and admire your awesome family. I am so Thankful for your family and your testimony.
LaRae

Sarah November 26, 2013 at 2:36 am

Congratulations to Chad and Erin! They are a beautiful couple!

Although I was raised in a wonderful Christian home, courtship was not something I ever really heard about until fairly recently. Once I started learning more about it, I loved that couples in courtship relationships are truly seeking out the one God has for them, and seeking purity. I must say that one of the apprehensions I have had with it was that most of the couples I have seen in courtships seemed so awkward around each other. I love that through following your family and seeing pictures of your older children who are now in relationships that they all look so comfortable with their significant other. There doesn’t seem to be the awkwardness between them that I have seen in many other courtships. What would you say has contributed to their being so comfortable and natural with each other? My husband and I have 3 young children, and #4 is due soon. We homeschool, and your family is such an encouragement!

Kelly November 26, 2013 at 4:23 am

Dear Sarah,
Hmmm… I attribute it mostly to going through hardships and talking with others who have been in broken courtships. That caused us to re-evaluate. We started noticing a lot of the young couples didn’t know how to show affection in marriage either. So, we felt like they needed a time of learning to show thoughtfulness and learning to express emotions and affection, while still maintaining purity. Love, Kelly

Kari November 26, 2013 at 2:43 am

Beautiful photos! Congratulations again!

Ruthie November 26, 2013 at 2:47 am

Oh how sweet are the pictures! What a beautiful day that must have been! Love the photo of Chad jumping in the air with a look of joy and excitement on his face! God bless you both on this new adventure on your life!

Patti November 26, 2013 at 3:19 am

Oh Kelly, what a beautiful couple Chad and Erin are! Thank you for sharing the pictures.

caryn November 26, 2013 at 3:39 am

The pictures are so lovely, thank you for sharing! Your blog is so much fun to read :) I love Erin’s dress, it turned out so beautiful. The scenery is amazing, what a beautiful area that you live in. I can only imagine the excitement going on in your home right now!!! How much fun you must be having. Have an absolutely wonderful Thanksgiving!!! Looking forward to seeing pictures of Zach & Whitney’s wedding, I’m sure that it is going to be just as beautiful as Erin & Chad’s. You and Gil sure have a special family. Praying for you all!!!! Lots of Love, Caryn

Bianca November 26, 2013 at 3:57 am

Beautiful pics!! Congrats to the couple and their families! :D

amber rowley November 26, 2013 at 4:14 am

What a beautiful bride! it looks like it was a lovely day :) Congratulations to the new Mr. & Mrs. as well as the Bates and Paine families!!

Jennifer November 26, 2013 at 4:24 am

What a beautiful godly couple. I have seen pictures on fan pages of the wedding and what a beautiful wedding it was!! I would love to see some pictures from Ireland on their honeymoon if time allows. I have always wanted to visit there. Congrats to Chad and Erin!! I just love your family.

Chelsy (Bontrager) November 26, 2013 at 4:28 am

Aww!! So beautiful!! We are so happy for them!
We were so bummed we couldn’t make it to their wedding! Zach&Whitney’s lovely invitation arrived in the mail the other day and unfortunately we won’t be able to make it to theirs either. But we will be there with you in spirit! =)
My parents & brothers had a great time seeing some of y’all last week at the National Bible Bee! =)

Kelly November 26, 2013 at 6:11 am

Dear Chelsy,
LOVE y’alls new CD!!!! Missed y’all too! Love, Kelly

Tonya November 26, 2013 at 4:32 am

Lovely! The one where Chad is jumping… priceless :) Congrats to your family!

Julia November 30, 2013 at 8:00 pm

Oh I know…so fun!!! :-) !!!!!!!!!!!!

Julie November 26, 2013 at 4:52 am

Congratulations to Chad and Erin! Erin looked beautiful!

Those bridesmaids dresses were so pretty! Where did you get them? Will the wedding be on 19 kids and counting?

Kelly November 26, 2013 at 6:10 am

Dear Julie,
Michael made them. Yes, it will be on the Duggars show. Love, Kelly

Aleksandra December 9, 2013 at 2:35 pm

They are really lovely! Where does Michael get her sewing patterns?

My parents gave me a sowing machine for my last birthday and I would love to make something by myself, so far I just used it for making my pants shorter because I have short legs and they are always too long. :)

Aleks

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Dear Aleksandra,
When Michael was young, we hired a girl from our church to teach her to sew. She sewed for many years without using patterns. A few years ago, she learned to use patterns, as well. When she does use them, she usually blends several patterns together to get the look she wants. Keep up the interest in sewing; its such a useful skill! Love, Kelly

alex December 19, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Would Michael ever consider selling patterns online? She seems to have a knack!

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 7:31 pm

Dear Alex,
That’s a sweet encouragement. I don’t think she’s ever thought of it. Love, Kelly

Kirsty November 26, 2013 at 5:34 am

Congratulations Chad and Erin, it looks like a lovely day. Just think, this time next year, you could be holding your first grandbabies. How exciting!

Teboho November 26, 2013 at 8:53 am

Oh wow. Amazing. I love this couple. They truly inspired me to guide my heart and to seek God’s very best in everything. Your family is such blessing to my cousin( Nobuhle) and I, we love you and your family so much. To Chad and Erin…God bless.

With love
Teboho, South Africa

Melissa B November 26, 2013 at 11:27 am

Our family really enjoys following your blog. I receive much encouragement and ideas to better our homeschooling from your posts. My 6 children loved watching your show. We are sad that they aren’t continuing it. Congratulations to Chad & Erin! I so wish I would have known about courtship when I was young. We will definitely go this route when our children enter that stage. Is Erin finished with college or will she continue? What is her major? She was such a pretty bride!
By the way, my family and I are currently living in Israel. If you ever plan a trip to the Holy Land, we would love to meet your family and show you around. It’s quite the place!
Again, thank you for sharing your life with us through this blog. It’s nice to know there are other people with our same values out there.

Kelly December 5, 2013 at 6:25 am

Dear Melissa,
She has one semester left. She should graduate as a music major in May. Love, Kelly

Alison November 26, 2013 at 11:53 am

Congratulations to the happy, blessed couple! They seen like a match made in Heaven {literally}! The photos are lovely, and I am so thrilled to hear that all is well with them…or maybe more than well? ;) Thank you for the update.

Joni November 26, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Hi Mrs. Kelly.

Absolutely beautiful pictures! Thank you so much for posting them.
What will be the website for Zach and Whitney? I look forward to following their updates wedding too. Thanks

Kelly December 5, 2013 at 6:19 am

Dear Joni,
Their website is http://www.zachandwhitney.com, but unfortunately it has glitches and never got completed due to an accident our web helper’s toddler son was in. They tried to make one on their own which may be a little more updated at http://www.zachandwhitney.blogspot.com
Love, Kelly

Kaylee November 26, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Congratulations!! What a beautifully blessed couple.

alexia November 26, 2013 at 3:43 pm

I LOVE her dress!! where did they go for there honeymoon?

Kelly November 30, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Dear Alexia,
They stayed the first two nights in a cabin in Gatlinburg. Then, they stayed a week in Ireland. Love, Kelly

Julia November 30, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I would love to go to Ireland! ~It’s so pretty!!!

Ashley November 26, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Congratulations to Erin and Chad! So happy for you all! Michael did such an amazing job making the bridesmaids’ dresses. :) My new husband and I were married (in Indiana) the week before Erin and Chad’s wedding. What a beautiful Fall we were blessed with for wedding pictures! :) Best wishes to the newlyweds and both families!

elena November 26, 2013 at 4:37 pm

Yeh!!!! Great pictures, they both look overjoyed, as they should especially on their wedding day. Congratulations to them and to you and Gil…
God Bless, now on to the next..and some grandchildren too..May your home be filled with lots of little feet.

xoxo

Joy D. November 26, 2013 at 4:59 pm

They are such a cute couple!! Thanks for all the pictures!
Love y’all<3 -Joy

Natalie November 26, 2013 at 5:00 pm

WOW!!!!! She looked beautiful!!! Congrats!!!! They looked AWESOME in the dresses Michael made!

Grace November 26, 2013 at 5:39 pm

Congratulations!!! Such beautiful pictures… Can’t wait to see pics of Zach and Whit! Btw… What kinda flowers did Erin have? They are beautiful!!! You have such a lovely family! Just curious why didn’t Erin have more siblings in the wedding? I think small wedding parties are so nice… I really enjoy your posts:)

Kelly December 5, 2013 at 6:24 am

Dear Grace,
She used flowers in shades of blues. With 19 children in our family and 10 in Chad’s, they thought using all of the siblings could get extremely costly and crowded! Love, Kelly

katie November 26, 2013 at 5:57 pm

Beautiful pictures! Congrats to Erin and Chad!

Amber November 26, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Beautiful! I live close to ya’ll and hope to meet your family one day. Congrats to Chad and Erin.

Jaci November 26, 2013 at 7:57 pm

I’ve been waiting for this post! So beautiful! Thank you for being such a godly example! Because of you and your children, I have examples to show my 10 & 11yr olds how beautiful and special courtship can be! Keep up the great work! Can’t wait to see what’s next for your family!

Amy November 26, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Beautiful pictures. I love the one with them under the veil. Congratulations to your family! They look very happy, comfortable, and in love.

Lydia November 26, 2013 at 8:33 pm

Congratulations again on this new wonderful phase in Erin’s life! May their marriage be blessed!

I was just wondering, are there any pictures to be posted from the actual ceremony? These are lovely, but they don’t show how the actual wedding happened.

Thank you so much for taking your time to post these blog updates, it must be a challenge to do so with all the business of your daily life haha

Kelly November 26, 2013 at 11:52 pm

Dear Lydia,
Yes, I’m hoping to post rehearsal pics, preparation pics, and the ceremony… Y’all might be seeing wedding pics for a while, lol! Love, kelly

Symphony November 27, 2013 at 4:20 pm

Love wedidng pics! I wouldnt get tired of seeing them!:)
Symphony

maggie November 26, 2013 at 8:50 pm

Hi what lovely pictures !!! Congrats to the happy couple cannot wait to watch on TV ! was just wondering what the girls use to curl their hair with … hot rollers, curling iron ? thaaanks !!

Kelly November 26, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Dear Maggie,
They use sponge rollers normally, however, a few bridesmaids used hot rollers for the wedding. Love, Kelly

Julia November 30, 2013 at 8:03 pm

They are super pretty (all the girls :) I would love it if my hair could curl like that…I have stubborn hair :-(
Lol

Kristine November 26, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Congratulations to Erin and Chad! They are a wonderful example of purity and godliness and the blessings of a strong courtship. Thank you for sharing your life with others as a testimony and a light for many to follow. I listen and ‘take notes’ on the many wise tips your family and the Duggar family have to share.

May you and your family continue to be blessed as you seek Him first in all you do!

Sincerely,

Kristine

Khiana November 26, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Thank you, Thank you. Love the pics. They’re beautiful. Erin and Chad looks lovely.

Tashia November 26, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Adorable!!

janet November 26, 2013 at 11:47 pm

Lovely couple, lovely photos…

Amy November 27, 2013 at 12:50 am

Great photos!!!! I know it’s silly, but I just couldn’t wait to see the pics because they are such a happy couple….their joy is infectious!

Kelly November 27, 2013 at 1:36 am

Congrats and blessings to you both on this new and exciting journey! I see some gorgeous babies in the future!!! :)

Laurie November 27, 2013 at 3:38 am

They are truly a beautiful couple!!! They look so happy and in love. Kelly you and your husband are doing a great job raising your kids. They are beautiful pictures. Keep them coming, we love them!!! Happy thanksgiving to you all!!!

Piper November 27, 2013 at 4:03 am

Erin looks so happy :) The photographer did a great job capturing so many special and joyful moments. Thanks for sharing!

Audrey November 27, 2013 at 4:06 am

Can you tell us how the newlyweds are adjusting to married life? Do they visit you often or did they “leave and cleave”? Has Erin cooked any meals yet for Chad? The pictures look great and I look forward to seeing more!

Kelly December 5, 2013 at 6:10 am

Dear Audrey,
They are doing great! We recently went on a double date! They are so cute and so in love! They go to church with us, so we do get to see them. Yes, Erin is loving learning to cook!! She has actually surprised us!! She still doesn’t enjoy working with raw chicken, but she has overcome! LOL! Love, Kelly

alex December 19, 2013 at 9:02 pm

Please encourage Erin to blog – I think we would all love to hear her thoughts on married life!

Imene November 27, 2013 at 7:11 am

Congratulations.
Lovely couple and beautiful pictures

Denise S. November 27, 2013 at 8:54 am

I just wanted to say, thanks for showing the pictures. They make such a beautiful couple which shows in the pictures. So happy and so in love.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and the family.

Yvette Walshe November 27, 2013 at 12:12 pm

We wish them much happiness in their God centered marriage. May God Bless them always.

Yvette:)

Cheryl November 27, 2013 at 12:16 pm

These pictures are awesome and I cant wait to see more. I’m sure your house is busy preparing for Zach and Whitney’s wedding. Will their wedding be taped? The little ones I keep love watching all your episodes from United Bates of America and sometimes the Duggars. I love them also and try to watch with them but that is not always possible, as I’m sure you know. It is really neat seeing how much the little ones look like some of the older siblings – Zach/Judson, Michael/Addallee, Tori/Ellie, Erin/Callie – just to name a few as they grow up. Did you get a new family photo at the wedding?

Kelly November 30, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Dear Cheryl,
We took a new photo with both Chad and Whit and hope to redo our website soon. Love, Kelly

Symphony December 3, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Cant wait to see!!
Love, symphony

Amber December 5, 2013 at 1:52 am

Aww that is so sweet that Chad and Whitney are in it.

Olga November 27, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Those pictures are breathtaking. Thank you for sharing!

Susan November 27, 2013 at 1:36 pm

Super sweeet photos of the happy couple. :)

Judy November 27, 2013 at 3:15 pm

What a beautiful looking couple!!!

Judy November 27, 2013 at 3:15 pm

What a beautiful looking couple!!! Congratulations!!!!

Latisha November 27, 2013 at 3:26 pm

So happy for them! I love the pictures!! I hope they have a blessed marriage!!!! :)

Linda Robinson November 27, 2013 at 4:14 pm

Dear Kelly, Gill & Family,
I would like to thank you for putting on all these wonderful photos of Chad & Erin’s Wedding Day.

Latisha November 27, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Such a beautiful couple! I am so glad you got to share the pictures!! I hope they have a blessed marriage!!!:)

Sherin November 27, 2013 at 4:34 pm

Wonderful couple!!
Beautiful pictures!!
I wish a blessed married life to Chad & Erin!
I am from India. I am a born again Christian. After coming here in US I heard about ‘courting’. In our culture we don’t have courting or dating. We consider dating as sin. Our marriages are purely arranged marriages. Parents have a great hand in decision making of their children’s marriages. We pray for God’s will to happen in selecting our life partner. Once married, we are entering into a ‘Covenant’. As Bible says God does not like divorce. Marriage is not a contract. We cannot break it as and when we feel. We should be faithful to our husband/wife. Even if problems come we should be able to pray and ask for God’s guidance. He will help you to solve the issues. If the girl is submissive to her husband many of the problems won’t even arise.
So happy to hear that there are people who consider marriage as a sacred thing.

Sherin

sarai November 27, 2013 at 8:39 pm

Awww…
The Photos are beautiful thanks for posting :)

alexia November 27, 2013 at 9:09 pm

did they save there first kiss for on there wedding day?
and I love her dress where did she get it will some of it be one the duggars show?

Kelly November 30, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Dear Alexia,
Yes, that was their first kiss. The dress came from David’s Bridals. Love, Kelly

Kaitlyn Schoolfield November 27, 2013 at 11:17 pm

So sweet! They look so good together!

Jennifer November 27, 2013 at 11:58 pm

Love seeing the pictures and also hearing about their God honoring day. I have kind of a random question. I have been a fan of Crystal Paine’s of Money Saving Mom for quite a while and I wonder if Chad is related to her husband? Thanks for the example of your family!

Kelly November 30, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Dear Jennifer,
I’m sorry I’ve never heard of her, but I’ll try to ask. Love, Kelly

Kate November 30, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Jennifer, Chad Paine is from a Christian family that travels around the country. You can see their website at http://12paines.com/. Crystal Paine (I’m a big fan of her too by the way!) isn’t related to them.

Allanah November 28, 2013 at 12:58 am

Congratulations to Chad and Erin, they both looked very happy. I hope they enjoy their new life together and grow together as people too. If possible, I would love to see some photos from their honeymoon to Ireland. I have been there myself and would love to know if we ventured to the same places… and feed a little of my wanderlust too!

Jen November 28, 2013 at 3:21 am

Beautiful pictures!

Ermilla November 28, 2013 at 7:46 am

I don’t want to me a bother but my comment keeps getting deleted and/or not answered. I jst wanted to know if Micheala made Erin’s beautiful wedding dress.

Kelly November 30, 2013 at 4:10 pm

DEar Ermilla,
I’m sorry, I haven’t been able to answer comments due to wedding planning, family responsibilities, and holidays. No, Michael did not make Erin’s dress. It came from David’s Bridals and was altered by their head seamstress, Becky Hodson. Michael made the bridesmades dresses and our younger girls dresses. Love, Kelly

Jean November 28, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Congrats to Erin, Chad, and both families! I wish them much love and happiness!

Who were the members of the wedding party? (Obviously, I recognize your children, and I recognize a few of the Paine children, too.)

Kelly November 30, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Dear Jean,
The maid of honor was Tori Bates. Bridesmaids included Becky Keilen, Alyssa and Carlin Bates, and Abby Paine. The flower girl was Callie Bates. The best man was Jordan Webster. The other groomsmen included Thomas,Nate and Joey Paine, and Zach Bates. The ring bearer was Johnny Paine. The introductory prayer was given by Mr. Gothard. The charge was given by Gil Bates. The ceremony was performed by Don Savell. The pianist was Shelly Hamilton. The violinists were Kelsey Lott and Elizabeth Berry. The singer was Rachel Leftwich. Chad and Erin also sang. Love, Kelly

Julia November 30, 2013 at 8:13 pm

OHHHHH! I would have loved to hear them sing~ how sweet!

Nikki R November 28, 2013 at 11:30 pm

Those pictures are priceless. We were So blessed to visit you at Bible Baptist in October. What a blessing. I wish we could have stayed longer. Pastor Bates amazed us with his ability to remember names. God bless!!!

Krystle (from Tn) November 29, 2013 at 3:48 am

Congratulations! Chad & Erin very lovely pictures as well dress. Mrs. Bates I do have say this whole courtship and saving first kiss for marriage as been inspiration to me as I’m single & seeking the right one God finds fit for me.

Nat November 30, 2013 at 12:55 am

Congrats on the beautiful wedding all the way from Australia. I am a mum of two and am a new fundamentalist and did not court before I was married but would like my children too in the future just wondering when you guys choose to discuss mmm the mechanical facts of marriage you know like intimacy, sorry if this seems like a forward question its just my kids are already asking questions and I want to know if I answer them truly it will be promoting them to act before marriage. Kind of like don’t tell the cows how to open the gate? your answer would be very much appreciated.

Kelly December 5, 2013 at 6:07 am

Dear Nat,
I would recommend Gary Ezzo’s CDs on Moral Innocence to offer insights on when and how to address this subject. All children are different. They mature at different ages. They are exposed to different circumstances. Children attending public schools, for instance, might hear things from friends before its ever discussed in a class setting. Young children need to be taught the importance of reporting people who do not behave appropriately around them. They need to be taught about love from a Biblical viewpoint, since God is the originator of life and love. I recommend praying for wisdom on the right timing, method, and depth to introduce these subjects. Some Christian curricular offer useful books to work together through. And of course, as they are older and ready for marriage, there are a wealth of wonderful preparatory marriage resources. One of our favorites is Love Life for Every Married Couple by Ed Wheat. Love, Kelly

Becky B November 30, 2013 at 4:19 am

Thanks so much for posting the pictures !! They are beautiful and hope to see many more. I do hope the wedding will be on either your show or the Duggars. I love both. It is such a blessing that you share your family with all of us out here who you have never met. Your family is a true inspiration. I wish Chad and Erin many years of weeded bliss and am looking forward to all the pictures of their wedding and Zach and Whit’s to come soon. Bless your heart, how do you keep up?

Krystle November 30, 2013 at 5:23 am

Congratulations! Chad & Erin :) Very lovely pictures and dress…..

annette November 30, 2013 at 6:09 am

you all are such an inspiration!! beautiful couple!!! congrats to you!! many many years of happiness!!!

Alicia November 30, 2013 at 2:04 pm

My name is Alicia I watched your show when it was on tv I was wondering of jessa’s wedding will be televised like Josh’s was congratulations erin and chad

Kelly December 4, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Dear Alicia,
I would think any Duggar weddings will be filmed. Just guessing :) Love, Kelly

Meghan November 30, 2013 at 4:21 pm

Congratulations! They are a beautiful couple. God bless them!

Julia November 30, 2013 at 8:14 pm

OKAY…how pretty is that!!!! That was a beautiful wedding I’m sure~they look so happy!

Lydia-Grace November 30, 2013 at 9:12 pm

Awesome pictures ,Mrs. Bates!
Can you answer a question?
Does your family know they Staddon family?
Don and Donna Staddon with 9 children?
My sister Olivia and I love your blog(and family) and think all your girls are so pretty and cute!:)
We saw an older post that have your family and the Staddon family in it, and were wondering if you knew them quite well.
Thanks for the pictures!!!!!!!
~Lydia-Grace

Kelly December 4, 2013 at 6:43 pm

Dear Lydia,
Yes, we do know the Staddons. They are a precious family. Robert Staddon was the first person who originally helped us get a website going, and I miss his talent! Love, Kelly

Lydia-Grace December 4, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Yes, we met them at the VA FEW. Do you all know about FEW?
Just wondering, because I thought you all were the type of family that would like that sort of thing. The Staddons host one in WV.
Would really like to meet you sometime!

Kelly December 5, 2013 at 5:53 am

Dear Lydia,
No, we’re not familiar with that. Love, Kelly

Kim December 1, 2013 at 2:52 am

The pictures are absolutely stunning. God bless the newlyweds!

Katie December 1, 2013 at 5:27 am

Beautiful pictures!! I’m sure it was such an amazing day for all of you!!! Very happy for them! Just curious if they received any wedding gifts from “fans” of your family’s? You all are such an inspiration!

Kelly December 4, 2013 at 6:41 pm

Dear Katie,
They did receive some gifts and were overwhelmed by the kindness they were shown. So many have gone out of their way to express their love. Love, Kelly

Shelly Cuellar December 1, 2013 at 7:34 am

Beautiful pictures!! Thank you for sharing.

Kelly A December 1, 2013 at 11:15 am

Mrs. Bates,
Erin and Chad look like something out of a fairy tale story. So beautiful. How are Zach and Whitney’s wedding plans coming along? Who will be in it?

Kelly December 4, 2013 at 6:40 pm

The wedding is almost here…so exciting! Whitney is doing a great job planning! She has 6 bridesmaids and 6 groomsmen, plus 3 flower girls and a ring bearer Love, Kelly

Taylor December 1, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Congrats!!!! Love the pics… so pretty!

Tammy December 1, 2013 at 9:42 pm

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing! Wishing the new couple many years of love, health, happiness & prosperity.

Lisa December 1, 2013 at 10:37 pm

What song did Erin and Chad sing?

Kelly December 4, 2013 at 7:47 am

Dear Lisa,
They sang a hymn called “Close to Thee.” Love, Kelly

Linda December 2, 2013 at 12:08 am

Hi Kelly, Nice pictures of Chad & Erin Paine, all the best to them in future Chad & Erin. Bye Linda

Patricia L. December 2, 2013 at 2:31 am

She is lucky to be married to a handsome, Christ-loving man. You have a lot of love going around your house! I have a few questions- Who made her wedding dress? It is beautiful! When is Zach and Whitney’s wedding? Also, are you guys going to be continuing your show? You are such an encouragement to all. :)
Blessings,
Patricia

Kelly December 4, 2013 at 7:46 am

Dear Patricia,
Erin’s dress came from David’s Bridals, but was altered considerably by their head seamstress, Becky Hodson. Zach and Whitney’s wedding is December 14th. I don’t think they are considering continuing the show. Love, Kelly

Lyndsey December 2, 2013 at 3:51 am

Beautiful photos! I noticed Erin had her sisters with her in the bridal party, but why was Michael not a bridesmaid?

Thanks!!

Kelly December 4, 2013 at 7:44 am

Dear Lyndsey,
She was asked, but prefers a more behind the scenes role. She was also asked to be in Whitney’s, but again asked to decline. Instead, she wanted to help sew the brides maids dresses. Love, Kelly

Hannah Yates December 2, 2013 at 1:51 pm

Thank you so much for sharing pics!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Donna December 2, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Happy “One Month” Anniversary today to Erin & Chad, and, wow, only 12 more days until Zach & Whit’s wedding. Happiness also for Alyssa & John. Congratulations on all your blessings in 2013.

Rashe December 2, 2013 at 5:46 pm

Nice pictures of both Chad and Erin as a family.
What are they doing for a living?
Is Erin a pianist?
What is Chad’s job?
Please reply if you don’t mind.

Kelly December 4, 2013 at 7:42 am

Dear Rashe,
Erin teaches piano. Chad works for a man that attends our church who owns a metal company. Love, Kelly

Jazzmin December 2, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Congratulations to Chad and Erin and your whole family! What a joy to welcome a godly young man into your family. I just wanted to say also that I am so encouraged by all of your posts, especially on courtship. Erin has been a true example and inspiration to me more than I can express, on waiting for the Lord to bring a godly man into your life. I am a couple of years younger than Erin, and seeing her example has increased my faith in this area!

God bless you,
Jazzmin

Shelly Cuellar December 3, 2013 at 5:22 pm

Hi Kelly, congratulations to Chad and Erin. Very beautiful pictures!! I wanted to ask…will the wedding be televised? Also will Zach’s wedding be televised? I am just very curious and VERY hopeful they will be??? Cannot wait to see pictures of Zach’s wedding next. Thank you so much for sharing your family with us all. You are so encouraging and inspirational. ~Blessings, Shelly

Kelly December 4, 2013 at 7:38 am

Dear Shelly,
Erin’s wedding will air on one of the Duggar’s shows on TLC. Zach’s will be filmed by our old producer, Matt Hightower, but will not be aired on TLC. I’m not sure if it will be seen. Love, Kelly

Sunshine December 4, 2013 at 6:30 pm

Maybe it could be posted on YouTube or Itunes as a Bates Special wedding series. :-)

alex December 19, 2013 at 9:08 pm

We would all love to see it – I was so sad to learn your show wasn’t going to be renewed!

Lydia December 4, 2013 at 3:01 am

Dear Mrs. Bates,
Thank you for posting the beautiful wedding photos of Chad and Erin’s wedding! Erin was a lovely bride and Chad a handsome groom. I am so happy for them! Thank you Chad and Erin for your godly example of keeping pure till marriage.
Blessings,
~Lydia

Caitlin December 4, 2013 at 3:14 am

Thanks for uploading the beautiful photos. From the photos, it looks like their wedding was just amazing!!

How do your older girls treat acne? You told me what skin care products they use, but I am having problems with acne and was curious how they treat it. Thank you for your time!

Kelly December 4, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Dear Caitlin,
Most of them have a skin type that doesn’t require a lot of care, so they’ve been able to use lotions and makeup that aren’t oily. We took a couple of them that had a more susceptible skin type to a dermatologist when they were older, which was a huge help. She was able to provide ointment and also over the counter recommendations that made an immediate difference. Love, Kelly

Francesca December 4, 2013 at 6:24 am

Wow!!! Erin looks so beautiful! Congratulations and my prayers for Mr. And Mrs. Paine :-)

Desirae Clopper December 4, 2013 at 8:31 pm

What a beautiful wedding!! I love the colors! God Bless you Chad and Erin , in this new phase of your life!!

Annalee December 5, 2013 at 4:38 am

So exciting! Congratulations! The pictures are lovely:) They make such a lovely couple.

Alicia December 6, 2013 at 3:49 am

Kelly.
Why was your show taken off the tv I hope jessa’s wedding will be on tv

Kelly December 22, 2013 at 3:31 am

Dear Alicia,
I don’t think there were high enough ratings for them to want to pursue another show so similar to the Duggars. Love, Kelly

Candace December 8, 2013 at 1:58 am

Dear Kelly:

I was born in the US, but raised in South America, in Argentina. I have been following the Duggars for quite a while now and because of that I got to know you. Usually I check your website for family updates, because it´s such a joy to see how nice a family can be. In my country it´s very unusual to see someone in a courtship, I never meet a couple who had one. I think it´s so nice and pure to save yourself for the special one, but I also must admit that seeing the beautiful weeding of your daughter and a couple so in love, makes me dream of something like that happening to me. I am 23 years old, but sometimes I feel that a love like that is never going to happen for me and that makes me sad. I would love to have the opportunity to meet people with great values and sincere hearts to make friends and maybe someday meet someone special for me. I just feel that here communities are not like the place where you live and is difficult to find people like that. I want to thank you for giving such good examples. I wish you and your family the best, you are all lovely and it is very nice for me to have the opportunity to visit your website and check all these wonderful updates.
Blessings,
Candace

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:28 pm

Dear Candace,
Don’t ever forget that God knows your address! He loves you and He can orchestrate the details in your life! He chose the family you were born into. Communities might be different there, maybe that’s why He placed you there to be a light. Don’t be discouraged! It must seem hard and lonely, but God has a plan for you and He knows what’s best! Love, Kelly

Lori Mitchell December 9, 2013 at 9:38 pm

Seems the last 6 months of this year has been very busy with lots of exciting things for your family!! God has blessed ya’ll in so many ways. I’m sure your Christmas will be awesome! Thank you for sharing with us. I hope that you can sit down and “catch your breath” at some point and enjoy the season. :) Merry Christmas!

Leah December 12, 2013 at 5:02 am

The blue-stone ring Erin is wearing on her right ring finger – I’m assuming that this is her purity ring? Also, on Elizabeth Zellon’s wedding website, there is a photo quite a way down of Erin’s rings – the Engagement ring has an additional 2 finer/thinner rings either side – just wondering what they are/mean? xx

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 8:10 pm

Dear Leah,
Yes, the blue ring is Erin’s purity ring. She has an engagement ring that fits inside of a wedding band that is actually a band on each side of the engagement ring. Love, Kelly

Brooke December 12, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Aww… such a beautiful couple!!!! Can’t ait to see pics of Zach and Whit’s wedding. Erin and Chad are such a blessing to me:) May God bless all of your family and congrats!!!!
Brooke

Melissa December 14, 2013 at 3:27 am

Blessings to you, Chad & Erin.. Your wedding photos are absolutely beautiful.

Tonya Miles December 18, 2013 at 5:20 am

Mrs. Bates,
congrats on the new addition of a son-in-love! Thank you so much for being so brave to stand up for the lord in a very public way by website, blogs and even tv. I am so thankful that. Thru watching your family and the duggar family. I have learnt more about the lord, and have started trying to study the bible for myself. To teach my daughter, i dont have as many blessing as yall but i am so truely thankful for her. Pray for my family that we continue to grow stonger and in more faith in the lord. Maybe lord willing we could meet some day.

Kelly December 21, 2013 at 7:42 pm

Dear Tonya,
What joyful, encouraging news! You’ll never regret reading the Bible and committing to live for God! Praying for you as you continue! Love, Kelly

Donna Jackson December 19, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Awwww, beautiful pictures! Congratulations to the newly married couple! Lots of fun time happening at your home!

Tammy Gaile January 1, 2014 at 1:45 am

God bless this lovely couple! Congrats!

Helen B-Dyck January 12, 2014 at 10:53 pm

Greetings from Canada!Congratulations Chad & Erin! Our son Nolan Michael was actually born on your wedding day! Thank you to your family for being such a wonderful encouragement , I miss watching your show.

Omolonge February 6, 2014 at 3:29 pm

Dear Mrs. Bates,

I am so happy for you!
It is sheer joy to see your children love the Lord and choose to live for Him in this crooked and perverse generation.
My prayers are with you that your lights will keep shinning more and more until the perfect day.
BTW, praying God’s blessings on the Union.
Ibi

Brooke C February 12, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I was watching a re-run of 19 Kids and Counting today and it was Josh and Anna Duggar’s wedding. I saw that when Anna threw the bouquet Erin was the one to catch it, and first of your children to be married.

Mare February 12, 2014 at 4:19 pm

Beautiful pictures! And your family is charming. I have watched in program from you.

Paulina February 13, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Dear Mrs. Kelly, im so happy nowadays good people like you and your family does exist. The make an awsome couple. and i have a little question.. when are they expecting their first kid? it will be awsome to see thei babues so beautiful.
And what does Chad does for the living?

congratulations and god bless you

Kelly February 18, 2014 at 10:47 pm

Dear Paulina,
Chad works for a metal company while here in Tn, but normally does construction work. I guess we’ll wait and see on any grand baby news, whenever it happens. I’m sure it will be posted all over my blog, since I’ll be jumping for joy! Love, Kelly

Leslie April 16, 2014 at 8:53 pm

I love watching this show, I live in the next town over from them and my father’s family lives in Lake City so I love seeing it on TV and remember hanging out at my grandparents home there.

Sissy April 17, 2014 at 9:08 pm

Hello Mrs. Bates,

Your family is beautiful and your very blessed. What date did Erin and Chad marry.
Erin is absolutely beautiful and her wedding dress is gorgeous!!

Kelly April 20, 2014 at 11:49 pm