Lake Fun!

by Kelly on June 10, 2013

Years ago Gil mowed lake property for Hank Brink. Over the years, Mr. Brink has graciously allowed us to enjoy visits to his beautiful place on Watt’s Bar Lake. Here’s a few pics from Warden’s birthday celebration.

20130608_12593220130608_12441220130608_14251720130608_12581620130608_13091720130608_13103520130608_13000920130608_14110720130608_14294320130608_14313320130608_14245520130608_143222

20130608_142808

Kecia June 11, 2013 at 10:19 am

This looks like a lot of fun. Congratulations on your great family and thank you for setting an example.
I adore all your kids’ names! Great choices!
Greetings from Germany

Elizabeth M June 11, 2013 at 11:46 am

Dear Bates family,

It was a thrill to visit your church last Sunday and be able to meet some of your amazing family. Mr Bates message was one of rebuke and encouragement at the same time! My sister talks about how fun it is to talk to Nathan, Erin, Tory and Alyssa at school; it was a pleasure to actually meet them in person!
Thank you for being such a Godly example.

From Maryville,
Elizabeth M

Piper June 11, 2013 at 12:40 pm

Looks like a great day! We went camping last weekend, thinking we’d get to do some swimming at the lake and it ended up being just a bit too chilly for the water. Maybe next time :p

Jeanette Gartman June 11, 2013 at 3:22 pm

awww :)

Madison June 11, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Happy birthday Warden(: that looks like a ton of fun too!

Symphony June 11, 2013 at 4:43 pm

looks like fun! nice pictures

Tara G. June 11, 2013 at 4:55 pm

What a fantastic birthday location! :)

Rebekah M. June 11, 2013 at 5:05 pm

That looks like so much fun! I have special memories of going camping beside a lake for my mom’s and my birthday many times. (We share a birthday along with her sister.)

alexia June 11, 2013 at 8:20 pm

happy birthday!!!!

Angele June 11, 2013 at 9:20 pm

Miss Kelly – isn’t that first picture of Jeb not of Judson?

Kelly June 11, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Dear Angele,
Oh, thank you! You’re so right. It is Jeb. I’ll fix it! I was trying to do it in a hurry! Love, Kelly

Kaylee June 11, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Always enjoy your posts. :) Look like fun!

Jessica June 12, 2013 at 3:21 am

So nice seeing updates. I just love you guys! ;) We recently just listened to Mr. Bates speaking on anger, via Embassy Institute. Actually last night. So encouraging and thank you for being real, and open, and humble! So encouraging for a younger family. We have 6 kids, 8 and under. We love seeing your family. We rented your episodes on Amazon and I am so sad there are only a few! :)

Loved these pics. Your family is ADORABLE! Thank you for opening up about your life, it is so encouraging to me.

Jessica

Joanna June 12, 2013 at 6:49 am

Jeb has grown so much!! Looks like it was an awesome time!

Ash June 12, 2013 at 6:59 am

Hello Kelly! We would love an update on Erins courtship :) if you have any new news!God Bless!

Kelly June 13, 2013 at 7:36 pm

Dear ash,
Have you ever seen the movie “Sgt. York?” It’s an old black and white film that our kids love…Anyways, there’s a scene in the movie where Sgt. York is working day and night to try to buy a piece of bottom land so that he can propose to Gracie. He thinks she’ll be happier and say “yes” if he buys this piece of property. So he marks his calendar and works, trying to save enough money for the land by the end of the month. It’s a really funny scene and we tease chad saying he’s trying to buy a piece of bottom land. He’s working long hours trying to save money… grin!! Love, Kelly

Jodi June 14, 2013 at 3:03 am

I am also looking forward to updates about a wedding. I enjoyed watching your show very much and I just felt that something might happen for Chad and Erin when they appeared on your last show together. Has Erin graduated from Crown College yet? Does Chad have a degree? What does he hope to do for employment? I think they will be happy.

Kelly June 17, 2013 at 4:01 am

Dear Jodi,
Erin has one more semester left. Chad has a bit left too. He does construction work. Love, Kelly

Khiana June 12, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Your children are beautiful. Looks like they enjoyed themselves at the lake.

Julia June 12, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Awwwww! Your little ones are SO adorable! Thanks for posting, so much fun!!
Julia from CA

Carita June 12, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Erin,
My daughter who is 5 just listened to your piano music and says, ” Can you write to her and tell her that, I like your music. Mikaela-Karma “MK”. :)

Ruth June 12, 2013 at 11:54 pm

There is nothing like swimming in a lake on a summer day! Happy Birthday Warden! Just curious…what do your girls use for swimsuits?

Kelly June 13, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Dear Ruth,
Michael made swim dresses similar to those from Modest Swimwear, but the older girls outgrew theirs. It’s time for a new set! Love, Kelly

Christy June 13, 2013 at 12:59 am

Happy birthday warden!! Looks like fun!

louise June 13, 2013 at 1:42 pm

beautiful family pictures , I cant wait for more news on chad and Erin such a sweet couple
love and best wishes
Louise
Wicklow , Ireland

Julia June 13, 2013 at 4:47 pm

Mrs.Bates,
Is Jeb your youngest?…I thought he was your youngest, and was thinking about how big he has gotten! Just curious :)
LOL, Julia

Kelly June 13, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Dear Julia,
Yes, he’s the baby, but he’s growing up so fast! He’s into everything!! Love, Kelly

Julia June 14, 2013 at 10:17 pm

Thanks for responding to me Mrs.Bates, your kids are so so cute!
Loves!
Juila

Liza Jane June 13, 2013 at 5:48 pm

Such great pictures of a beautiful family! I love swimming also! While I think that all the pictures are good….I must say that the picture of Michaela and Jeb is awesome…Michaela is GORGEOUS!! Any suitors for her?! So what are Nathan, Alyssa, Tori and Lawson studying at college? What do your daughters wear for swimming? I am always looking for modest swim wear! As always thank you for your encouragement. All of your girls have shown how we as women can dress modestly and still be beautiful.

Kelly June 13, 2013 at 7:19 pm

Dear Liza,
Erin is the only one courting right now. Thank you for the encouraging words.
Nathan is wanting to be a preacher, so he is mainly concentrating on Bible classes. Alyssa and Tori are taking general classes like history, English, and Bible. Last year they only took a few classes because they were still in high school doing dual enrollment.
Michael sewed swin dresses similar to those from Modest Swimwear. She used taslin (water repellant material) for the dress and lycra/ spandex (swimsuit material) for the attached leggings. The older girls outgrew theirs, so they ended up just using old clothes! Love, Kelly

Coastie June 14, 2013 at 3:45 am

You might want to replace those lifejackets. Most of them are not coast guard approved and won’t afford much safety in the event of an accident. Especially important for the little ones. Look inside for the USCG approved label, and pick ones that are appropriate for their size and activity.

Kelly June 17, 2013 at 4:00 am

Dear Coastie,
Thank you! I actually didn’t know there was a difference in life jackets. Most of ours are yard sale finds. I’m big on floats at lakes, even if they can swim. With that many in the water at once, you just can’t be too safe! I really appreciate your advice! We’ll look for the tags! Love, Kelly

Allison DeBartolis June 14, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Michael is Beautiful!!!! What amazing eyes..Hope she finds love soon as well!!!

He would be one lucky fellow :)

Shakti

Ruthie June 18, 2013 at 3:30 am

Oh, looks like so much fun! Would love to go tubing again! First time I went tubing was in Roatan! So much fun! I could do tubing here but so many alligators here in Florida. lol. All your children are so beautiful and handsome, Michaela gets prettier with each picture I have seen.

Peyton Moore December 16, 2013 at 8:54 pm

Mrs.Bates ~
I love your family so much!!! You are such an influence in my life and I just wanna thank you for that. How is Erin and Chad?? How is Alyssa and John?? How is Zach and Whitney?? Sorry for so many questions lol. Do you have a address that I could maybe send y’all something??? Hope y’all have a very Merry Chtistmas and a Happy New Year!!!

Kelly December 22, 2013 at 3:28 am

Dear Peyton,
They’re all doing very well. Thank you for asking. You don not need to send anything, unless a note! We enjoy reading mail! Our address is PO Box 544 Lake City, TN 37769. Love, Kelly