Mud-slingers…Part 2

by Kelly on June 5, 2013

A beautiful day at the flats… continued!

IMG_0450

IMG_0449IMG_0471IMG_0472IMG_0457IMG_0455IMG_0452IMG_0456IMG_0451IMG_0461IMG_0462IMG_0474photo 4 (2)

Symphony June 5, 2013 at 6:31 pm

looks like fun!( for boys=) I love seeing new posts on your blog! Your family is a great encouragement to me.

Natalie June 5, 2013 at 8:07 pm

Sounds like fun! Totally something boys would do!:-) Mrs. Bates, do you know if Erin ever got my letter? Either way would she be able to e-mail back the response to the letter?:-) Thank you so much!

Natalie June 5, 2013 at 8:08 pm

God bless you and your family,
Natalie

Kelly June 5, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Dear Natalie,
I’m not sure. I will check. Love, Kelly

Natalie June 6, 2013 at 4:35 pm

Thank you! I understand she is very busy!:-) I thought it would be fun to know her because I talk to Valerie Waller, and Priscilla Waller!

Blessings to your family,
Natalie

Sarah Quinlan June 5, 2013 at 11:49 pm

hi bates family!
I was wondering if you all ever speak at churches? Have you been to the beautiful state of Maine? my husband and I are the youth group leaders at our church and I wondered that if someday you all come up this way if any of the teens in your family would like to come speak? I figured this might be a long shot but I thought worth asking :) hope you all are doing great!
God bless,
Sarah

Kelly June 7, 2013 at 6:25 pm

Dear Sarah,
Yes, we do go to other churches. We try to limit being gone from our church on too many Sundays, though. I’ve heard Maine is beautiful! Love, Kelly

Herman Friesen June 6, 2013 at 1:11 am

Dear Sister Bates;
Your website has been such an inspiration to me. I have been reading it for years and watching your family grow. You are such Godly people, you are a model for me, as the headship of my family.
I have several lovely daughters, who are nearly ready for courtship. I hope God will send warriers such as your sons to our doorstep.
Yours in Christ.
Herman

katy June 6, 2013 at 8:06 am

I have been wondering how do you do showers in your house with so many kids

Kelly June 7, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Dear Katy,
Fortunately, Jimbob Duggar made that quite easy for us when his family added the huge addition onto our house! We have 8 showers/ tubs plus a Jacuzzi tub! We also have 2 instant water heaters, so we never run out of hot water! Since we have spring water, there is also an unlimited supply of water! What a blessing! Its nothing like the old days when we had to use a rotating schedule so that we didn’t run out of hot water! Love, Kelly

Aaron Biddington June 6, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Looks like a lot of fun

N.P. () June 6, 2013 at 4:32 pm

CONGRATULATIONS CHAD AND ERIN ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT! – When is the wedding day? – God has bless both of you and you are GREAT together.

Khiana June 6, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Looks like they had great fun. Love Nathan’s new hairdo.

Rebekah Shashaguay June 6, 2013 at 10:25 pm

Dear Mrs. Bates, i just wanted to thank you for responding to my past comments. (Only 2 or 3) After submitting them i didn’t have a chance to get back on here for quite some time,and when i saw your replies (a few weeks ago) i hung on every word! I’m sure you’ve got much better things to do than sit around answering peoples’ posts, whom you have never even met before, so thanks for finding the time… Well, your menfolk sure look like they’re having the time of their lives, are those mountains in the background of the mirror picture? Well,thanks again,have a blessed day! ~A Homeschooler in Michigan

Kelly June 7, 2013 at 6:37 pm

Dear Rebekah,
Yes, those are some small mountains in Lafollette. We’re blessed to live in the Smoky Mountains, so Gatlinburg is only an hour away… the beautiful hills of Tennessee!! Love, Kelly

Tonya Bailey June 6, 2013 at 11:34 pm

OH MY, I feel so sorry for whoever had to wash those clothes!! LOL!! :)

Nicole June 7, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Was Lawson the one taking most of the pictures? He looks the cleanest of the bunch. I have 3 boys (preteen and under)-Oh what I have to look forward to! LOL We always watched your show and miss seeing your family. Thank you for sharing God and your family with the world. It is so good to see there are still some wholesome families.
God bless you and your family.

Kelly June 7, 2013 at 5:53 pm

Dear Nicole,
Yes, Lawson did most of the photography… but he’d rather stay clean even if he wasn’t. He likes to be organized and neat…lol! The other boys were determined that wasn’t going to happen, though! Love, Kelly

Beanie June 7, 2013 at 3:50 pm

That looks like such awesome fun!!!! Super! :)

Symphony June 7, 2013 at 9:13 pm

someone said something above about chad and erin engaged, is that true!?!?!?( i hope so=)

Kelly June 11, 2013 at 12:39 am

Dear Symphony,
No, they’re not engaged yet, but Erin is hoping to be soon, of course!! As romantic and thoughtful as Chad is, I’m sure it’ll be a special surprise! Love, Kelly

Tina June 8, 2013 at 1:28 am

I guess I missed the engagement announcement! Congratulations to the precious couple! <3

Kelly June 11, 2013 at 12:36 am

Dear Tina,
Actually, they’re still just courting. I’m sure the big announcement will make up several posts, as much as they love pics..lol! They’re still discussing dates and plans, but I’m sure Chad is planning to surprise her about the timing of asking her to get engaged! Love, Kelly

Pat June 9, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Hi Kelly – just wondered if you are putting together any books for publication? I know you must have a lot of good family recipes. Loved watching your family on TV.

Kelly June 11, 2013 at 12:23 am

Dear Pat,
I’m afraid I’m not too gifted in that department…lol, but thanks for the encouragement! love, Kelly

Julia June 10, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Thanks for posting these pics! That looks like so much fun! NIce job on the photography Lawson~ I love photography…you guys are so neat!
Julia

Jeanette Gartman June 10, 2013 at 3:12 pm

lol Lawson is the cleanest one out of the bunch. What happened? :p The other boys look like they crawled out of the mud like mud people haha. Hope they had a great time! :)