A Blessed Weekend

by Kelly on May 16, 2012

Site_Overlay1

The excitement began when we attended a church in Atlanta that was hosting the movie premier of The Solomon Bunch. The movie was produced and directed by Jason Prisk. (Jason also produced Erin’s Merciful and Mighty CD, along with the new CD she is currently working on.) This film is a comical, yet purposeful and wholesome film for children. http://thesolomonbunch.webstarts.com/index.html

mccoy--preacher-small

Next, we were invited to sing and share at People’s Baptist Church in McDonough, Georgia, where we thoroughly enjoyed fellowshipping with Pastor David Mccoy and his family.

IMG_7488bates

Finally, we topped our busy weekend off by meeting Sheri Hutson Camperson and her family. We have long enjoyed the music of The Hutson Sisters (daughters of Pastor Curtis Hutson). Their CDs are some of our favorites!

We are so grateful for the lives of others who have inspired us. When we have opportunity to meet, our hearts are refreshed and we leave rejoicing that God let our paths cross!

Susan May 16, 2012 at 5:27 am

I just had to comment and tell you how fun it is to see that your family enjoys the same churches and people that we do. People’s Baptist is the home church of our son’s fiancee, the daughter of missionaries David and Jenny Harris to Japan. We will be there in a few months for our son’s wedding. Another family you’ve mentioned before is the Doug Raynes family, good friends of yours. My husband and I went to high school with Doug and his sister Tammy. It’s just really fun to see people and places we know show up on your blog!

I so wish we could watch your show and the Duggars’, but we live in Canada and don’t have the cable package to be able to watch. God bless you on your show. I pray that you can be a light in our dark world!

JenniferL May 16, 2012 at 6:13 am

That looks like a good movie for my 10-year-old niece.

Sheree Gantt May 16, 2012 at 10:39 am

So glad to know things are going well!!! I just fell in love with your last statement! When I can meet other lives that has inspired me oh what a blessing!! The overwhelming joy that flows out of my heart is just wonderful! So grateful to the Lord for allowing that to happen with me and to others in the faith! God bless you and your family always!!

Carita May 16, 2012 at 4:30 pm

Kelly
Just wanted to say you look so awesome after having your 19th baby. Jeb is real cute can not wait to see updated pictures of him.

God Bless
~Carita~

Mary May 16, 2012 at 5:41 pm

So glad to see a new post from you! I was wondering what you’ve been up to. Sounds like you’ve been busy but having a nice time. Can’t wait to hear and see more of you all!

charity crawford May 16, 2012 at 6:55 pm

The movie sounds really nice look forward to getting ahold of a copy to watch!

Jolene (Homespun Heritage) May 16, 2012 at 10:09 pm

The movie looks positively adorable! I am so glad to hear that another great film for families is out! Glad to hear you had a fulfilling weekend…sometimes we all need a little soul refreshing!

Ruthie May 16, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Sounds like a really good movie! I try my best to watch “wholesome” movies or 50s classics, like I Love Lucy, The Andy Griffith Show, The Beverly Hillbilles, The Waltons, Leave it to Beaver or The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet!

Have you ever seen The Secrets of Jonathan Sperry? It is such a great movie and is about learning how to forgive and love your “enemies”.

Diane Dye May 16, 2012 at 10:42 pm

I was missing your updates but know you must be very busy with your family and activities. Thanks for sharing this update and website. Always looking for encouragement!

Your baby Jeb is just beautiful. Is his hair still dark like yours? Judson has grown so much too. He is a cutie as are all your kids.

Have not made it to Tennessee but it is definitely on my to do list. I went to high school in Chattanooga many years ago. Since I am back living in Indiana close to my family it is not that far to drive. You are a constant source of encouragement and I will be truly be grateful when our paths cross!!!

Take care and if you have time, drop me a line. I have several things for Jeb I need to send you but not sure what size he is right now.

Christian Love,
Diane Dye

Gil May 19, 2012 at 5:23 am

Dear Diane,
I’m sorry for the delayed posts… internet connection troubles, along with busy schedules, slowed me down! Thanks for your patience and kind words! Yes, Jeb still has dark hair, but it is beginning to thin out and he is growing like a weed! Love, Kelly

Karen Rodriguez May 17, 2012 at 1:57 am

Oh how I wish I would have known! I live in the Atlanta area and your family has been such an inspiration to ours, we would have loved to go hear you share. Is there any place you post where your going to be for future events? We are praying for a way to make it to ATI end of this month but that is not looking very likely, I believe you will be sharing there right?

Gil May 19, 2012 at 5:20 am

Dear Karen,
Yes, we hope to attend the Nashville conference. We are supposed to return to Atlanta in August, so I’ll try to post our schedule. Love, Kelly

Hannah May 17, 2012 at 5:13 am

Oh it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I was wondering, what is your schedule for the summer? Will you be coming to Illinois at all? I would love to get the chance to meet you and your family! I’ll be looking forward to hearing back from you soon! :)

Gil May 19, 2012 at 5:19 am

Dear Hannah,
I’ll try to do the next post on our schedule since some others have asked. Thank you, Kelly

Joanna May 17, 2012 at 6:22 am

Hello Mrs. Bates,
I hope you are all well! I love being able to read what you have all been up to. I wanted to know what music you listen to, like the artist, or song/ music writer. I think that your family is just wonderful. I would like to be able to watch your special that aired in March, and your show that is coming up but as I am not in the US, I am not to sure if I can, as your special is not available on youtube. Do you know of any other way that I could? Thankyou so very much.
Joanna x

Gil May 19, 2012 at 5:18 am

Dear Joanna,
I’m afraid I don’t know any details about how to see the show. All that we know is that it is supposed to begin in August. I’m sorry! Love, Kelly

Beanie May 17, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Hey, Mrs.Kelly! :D We’re in North Carolina now, headed for a Youth Revival at Highland Baptist Church in Concord, NC. Then we’re back to the Tates house. Please say hi to Michealla for me. :)

Elise May 17, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Hey Mrs. Bates!
Great post! Thank you for updating your blog despite the busy schedule you might have of being a wife and mother around your house!:)
I was wondering, how Erin does her hair? I went to the ATI conference and I saw your wonderful family often, and Erin’s hair is full of volume every time I see her!
Thanks for answering! Love, Elise

Gil May 24, 2012 at 4:35 am

Dear Elise,
Erin’s hair is a different texture than my fine, thin hair. Her hair has a lot of body. Love, Kelly

Jolene May 17, 2012 at 9:31 pm

We love the Hutson Sisters CDs too! My husband has met Sheri Camperson and she gave him some CDs that we have been enjoying for a few years now!

Charlene Griffin May 18, 2012 at 2:57 am

Is there somewhere that your appearances are listed? We are only about 3 1/2 hours SW of Atlanta and would have loved to drive up to attend church with you all and hear you speak! :) Just a thought! :)
Thanks & God bless!

Gil May 19, 2012 at 5:16 am

Dear Charlene,
I haven’t posted our schedule lately… sorry! We will be at Southside Baptist Church with Pastor Frank Gagliona May 20th (near Atlanta Georgia). I’ll try to post some more dates… We’ve had internet connection problems, so my posts have been limited. We use a DSL box so we can remove it from the home in our abscence or dissconnect when not supervised, but the box had broken and we were waiting for a replacement for about 8 weeks! Love, Kelly

Rhonda Wax May 18, 2012 at 6:00 am

Dear Bates Family,
We enjoyed meeting Zach and Lawson when they visited us at our home a couple of months ago. We wish that our candidate had won! Kevin and I would love to meet the rest of the Bates family!

We feel a connection with your family because of our shared faith in Christ and also because we know so many of the same people! Kevin’s(my husband)sister married Hugh McCoy, David’s McCoy’s brother.

Sheri Camperson and I worked on a project together back 30 some years ago in 1980 at the Sword of the Lord. Dr. Hutson had placed ads in the National Inquirer and Saturday Evening Post offering free books to anyone who called in. He had watts lines installed and the phones began to ring! When the people would call to request the free book, we had the chance to share the gospel with them! It was the summer that Kevin and I got married and we worked those phones from 8am until 9pm right up until our wedding day! I lost count after I had led 280+ in a prayer of repentance and faith! It was such a well organized outreach. Dr. Hutson had a church network all over the country that was called Lifeline. After we got the contact information for the new convert, we would get it to the lifeline church (in their area) and that pastor in turn would go call on them and invite them to church and begin the work of discipleship. It was a glorious summer…. a mountain top experince for sure!
I told Zach when the boys were here that my brother Wayne Wyatt was an associate pastor with Rick Chandler for several years and now pastors in Newport, TN. I see Sheri and Kaye’s mom (Geraldine) at the YMCA regularly.

Small world isn’t it? I hope we get to meet and get to know one another this side of Heaven. If you are in our area, please call on us. If you need a pitstop in your travels, our home is open to yours. All of you! We are so proud of you and pray for you as you seek to glorify the Lord in the media.

Blessings,
Rhonda Wax
2385 River Road
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
615-895-1633

Gil May 19, 2012 at 5:04 am

Dear Rhonda,
Yes, it is a small world!!! We visit Pastor Rick Chandler’s church each time we see my Mom in NC…. and we fell in love with Sheri Camperson and her sweet husband! Much love and God Bless, Kelly

Tammie E. May 18, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Hi Kelly:

I am glad your family had a blessed weekend … it sounds like a lot of fun! Are there any updates on Zach’s courtship with Sarah? Recently, my husband and I have been blessed with the opportunity to mentor a couple of young adults in our church concerning relationships, courtship, and marriage. The idea of courtship and what a godly courtship looks like is relatively new in our church. So we look forward to your family sharing courtship experiences with us so we can encourage other young people in that way. Hope to hear from you soon!

Blessings,

Tammie E.

jessica May 21, 2012 at 1:48 pm

Someone told us y’all would be at Peoples Baptist. That church is about 15 minutes from our house. We wanted to come see y’all. But we never could find out which service y’all were going to attend. :( maybe next time y’all are in Georgia we can come. So glad y’all had a good visit.

Kay May 21, 2012 at 2:54 pm

Kelly – Since your Mom lives in NC, does that mean you are from NC?

Gil May 21, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Kay,
Gil and I both are from SC. My mom moved to NC about 10 years ago. Love, Kelly

Karlynne Harper May 22, 2012 at 10:00 pm

Thank you so much for the amazing and inspiring comment you left!! Brianne is feeling much better (thanks to everyone’s prayers :) ) But the still don’t know how long she is going to live. My parents have built a stronger relashinship in the Lord after the miscarrige. Our whole family has. May God bless your family! Karlynne

lisa May 23, 2012 at 12:12 am

you have a TV show what is it called? When does it come on?

Gil May 24, 2012 at 4:32 am

Dear Lisa,
I’m not really certain what name they’ll choose. We actually only filmed 8 shows, and they will not begin until August. Love, Kelly

Beanie May 23, 2012 at 12:33 pm

The last night of the Youth Revival is tonight. There’s been some real serious conviction, but nobody going down to the altar, so please pray! Thank you! :D

Johnna May 24, 2012 at 6:49 pm

Hi,

Just wondering if you ever make your way down to the great state of Texas. Would love to hear you all share. I’m hoping the TV show doesn’t take away your ability to share in intimate places as you do now.

Blessings

Gil May 25, 2012 at 6:45 pm

Dear Johnna,
We do come to Texas (near Tyler). We LOVE that state! Love, Kelly

Patti May 27, 2012 at 5:51 am

I was wondering if sometime you could post some pictures of South Carolina? I mean general, landscape type of pictures? Also, a while back I asked for prayers for a dear friend and I have to thank you for praying…she had her surgery and there was no cancer!

Abigail May 28, 2012 at 1:56 am

I just wanted to say what a blessing your family is to me! Last year my brother and I went to a camp in VA and David McCoy preached the whole week. He was a blessing! I love the Hutson sisters! My cousins and I sing in a trio and we have sung with Kay Chandler a few times at Ladies meetings. Always a blessing to hear the Hutson sisters sing and teach each year at a local ladies meeting! I hope your family has a great summer! God Bless!

Beanie May 29, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Hi! Now we’re in Hazard, Kentucky. (gotta love the atvs!) From here is Georgia, then Alabama, then, sadly and happily, home in Florida. Two days after we get home is the going – away thing our church is giving for the Warrens. And on the 9th, they (the Warrens) head West.

sara karr June 5, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Thank you for your post sorry to hear about you lost. Will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. I love your family do you know when your show will be apperaring on TLC? We are actually from Canada and will be in pigoen Forge and Galitenurg this summer. Would love to come and visit and meet you all

Diane D. June 5, 2012 at 8:38 pm

Thanks for the note. Had not heard from you in my personal e-mail and did not think to look in the comments here so just found it a month later. =( I am not sure how you find time to write any of us but grateful when I get a note from you! =) Is Jeb wearing 6 months now or bigger? I have things to send him but have to get my act together and actually get them sent! Planning on making a trip down your way perhaps in July. Would be a blessing if things worked out where we actually got to meet, but not sure what your schedule is next month. Would love to hear Gil speak. Let me know if you can, so I can plan accordingly. Would be such encouragement! Please tell Erin that I have worn out her CD playing it so much and am going to have to buy another. =) Does she have plans to make a second CD? I hope so! Today is a beautiful day and I must get outside take advantage of it. Nice and cool and breezy. No AC needed! I have a little garden which I am enjoying working in. Take care and God Bless! Love, Diane