Family News

by Kelly on March 10, 2012

DSC09326DSC09321

Juju Chang visited our house to get an update on news about the addition of Jeb Colton and the new TLC show that will air March 13th. We met Juju last year when ABC did a one hour show on the family, and we all fell in love with her enthusiastic personality! We felt like we were having a reunion with an old friend, since Juju has such a way of making everyone feel so special!DSC09315

Many have asked us about the upcoming TLC show. DSC09278We recently agreed to do a one hour show (March 13th), along with another 8 half hour shows that will begin in the summer.

We prayed for a long time about this decision. Our priorities are to put God first, our family second, and ministry and work third. We want to be careful to maintain those priorities, but at DSC09283the same time, the many e-mails we receive show that families are desiring encouragement as they endeavor to fulfill the difficult task of parenting. We certainly don’t claim to have all the answers, nor do we claim to have a model family… quite contrary, we recognize we have these same needs for encouragement. We are grateful for the many examples of other Godly families who have greatly influenced us!

The greatest message we are learning that we can pass on as encouragement to others is the message that:

A Family + Faith in Christ = A Foundation that can weather the storms of life! DSC09318

This message has helped us to draw strength during the dark times and uncertain times, and we feel it is a message that can bring hope and encouragement to others!

As we learn more to lean on God for strength in our own lives, we pray that other families will also find the strength and wisdom needed to raise a generation of children that are eager to make a difference in this world!

11120064

11120044

sara (italy) March 10, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Dear Bates family,
you look great on the new family picture! You are such an inspiration for me and I can´t wait to see you on tv (I hope someone puts it on youtube, because we don´t get TLC here).I live in quite an atheistic family and since I read your posts my life changed for the better, you taught my how to live with GOD and how to serve him in my daily life, I can´t thank you enough for that! Love,Sara

Katie March 10, 2012 at 1:45 pm

Yay! Can’t wait to see the special and the other shows! How exciting! We have never met but just love y’all and have been so encouraged by your family. Love the new family pictures! God Bless! :)

Jolene (Homespun Heritage) March 10, 2012 at 1:50 pm

When will the JuJu Chang interview be aired? Congrats again on your beautiful addition!

Gil March 11, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Dear Jolene,
I think it airs on Good Morning America on either Mon or Tues am and on Nightline on Monday night. It will only be a short 5 minute clip. Love, Kelly

Laurel March 10, 2012 at 2:08 pm

What a beautiful family photo! God has certainly blessed you.

Brenda H. March 10, 2012 at 2:52 pm

HI! I am so looking forward to the special next week and I look forward to the shows this summer!! Thank you for being willing to share your life and ministry will all of us.IN today’s society families need all the encouragement that we can find! I just want you to know that your message of “A Family + Faith In Christ= A Foundation that can weather the storms of life” comes at the right time for my family and I we are struggling right now financially, ( as so many others are). Thank you so much for reminding me that as along as we have each other, work together and put our faith, needs and anxieties in Christ’s Hands we will weather this storm and come out of it stronger. I was reminded of a message I heard on a Christian radio station that when we are anxious we have to avoid becoming anxious about our anxieties and remember that there is One to whom we hand our anxieties over to-because He already knows the outcome! We are safe in His care. Thank you again& God Bless!would you mind keeping my family and in your prayers?Thank you
Brenda
PS Love the pictures and when will your interview with Juju Cahng be televised? And Kelly you look wonderful!

Gil March 10, 2012 at 11:25 pm

Dear Brenda,
Could you mail your address & put a note that you’d like Gil’s DVD where he shared our family’s testimony about our finances?? I’d love to send it to you and maybe you’ll receive some encouragent through some of the resources that helped us. Love, kelly

Morgan Family March 10, 2012 at 4:24 pm

What a beautiful family picture! We look forward to seeing the videos online sometime after they air! =)

May God bless y’all richly…

Charity, for all the Morgans

Julie March 10, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I love following your blog. We don’t have cable, so will the show be on the internet at some point? May God continue to pour out His blessings on your family. I will be praying that your family keeps their priorities in order; I’m sure you will. Your family is a wonderful example of living your life to glorify God and enjoy Him. Thank you for opening your home to teach others.

Gil March 10, 2012 at 11:23 pm

Dear Julie,
I’m not sure how that all works.Love, Kelly

Chocolate on my Cranium March 10, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Wonderful news! We will be watching. The photos of your family at the end of this post are perfectly lovely. All those beautiful, shining faces brings a smile to my own.

Joyce March 10, 2012 at 5:44 pm

How exciting!! I can’t wait to see your show.

Deanna March 10, 2012 at 5:51 pm

So exciting! I hope to be able to see the show! May God bless your beautiful family! Your family is such a inspiration to me and I enjoy reading your blog very much.
God Bless,
Deanna

Emillie Eck March 10, 2012 at 6:05 pm

I can’t wait to see the special! Grace be with you all!

Challice March 10, 2012 at 6:58 pm

aww! I am going to see if my Mom will record this for me since we dont have a TV set. My children LOVE “playing” with the Duggars and Bates (IE watching the show clips on youtube. ;)

WendyB March 10, 2012 at 7:22 pm

He is absolutely precious!! I’m so looking forward to seeing your special air on Tuesday as well as the shows this summer!! Your family is such an inspiration and I’m thankful for you and the Duggars and for your testimonies. I pray that God would continue to bless you and your beautiful family!

Sheila March 10, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Dear Gil and Kelly,
I am so looking forward to seeing your show. I live in the UK and we don’t get TLC on TV so I shall have to watch it on youtube.
I am so pleased that Jeb is doing well!

Maria March 10, 2012 at 8:07 pm

What will the show be called?

Gil March 10, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Dear Maria,
That’s a really good question, but we don’t know yet. Any suggestions?? Love, Kelly

Maria March 10, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Great news!

Amanda Flesher March 10, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Kelly- I am very much looking forward to watching your show this week and in the future. We are a young growing family. My husband and I have been married for almost 6 years and we have been blessed with 3 little ones so far. They are 3 1/2, 2 and 1. We would love as many as God gives in the future. You are such an encouragement to me and love it when you are on the Duggars show. Watching you gives me ideas on how to deal with my children and gives ideas for different activities and it helps me to be a better Mom. Can’t wait to watch the show. Many Prayers coming your way-Amanda

Christi March 10, 2012 at 8:12 pm

All I can say is YAY!!!!!! You guys are such an inspiration!

Tonia March 10, 2012 at 8:15 pm

So happy to hear that your family will also be doing the 8 half hour shows!! I wish you all the best! Can’t wait to watch your show!

Emma Culverhouse (England) March 10, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I hope we get to see the show here in the UK!! I am one of the many people you have reached with your ministry, long may it continue :)
With love,
Emma xx

Betty March 10, 2012 at 8:39 pm

Jeb is beatiful! When will your special with Juju Chang be airing?

God bless,

Betty

Gil March 10, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Dear Betty,
It will be a 5 minute update on Good Morning America (Monday or Tuesday??) and Nightline (Monday pm). Love, Kelly

Stacey March 10, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Hi Bates Family,
I am looking forward to seeing you on TLC. I am very encouraged by your family and excited to see what God has in store for you during this season of your lives.
~ Stacey

Ashley March 10, 2012 at 9:01 pm

I appreciate that you want to be an encouragement and recognize that your family isn’t a model family, though you are having a tv show now. My question about your philosophy is what does a person do when they don’t have a family? I hope that you don’t think that a foundation requires a family or having a lot of children. Some people don’t have parents or came from abusive or neglectful homes, and others never marry or can’t have children. I don’t think any of those things means that a person is lacking in foundation, because Christ is our all in all. God places people in our lives, but that doesn’t have to be a biological family or a certain size of family. I hope that part of the way you can encourage is to let people know that a family is to be cherished, but it is not what defines us and gives us value.

Gil March 10, 2012 at 11:19 pm

Dear Ashley,
You are so right… Its not about whether you have a lot of children, a few children, no children, a spouse or no spouse.For us its about finding purpose through Christ in whatever our different paths of life may be. For us, God gave us a lot of children, but some of our greatest lessons have come from singles, elderly, children, husbands and wives with no children. God knows whats best for each and finding contentment in that is a treasure! Love, Kelly

Anita March 10, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Dear brothers Bates greet with peace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, receive blessings from Buenos Aires, Argentina. We are pleased that they will soon have his TV show, we know we have many fans and for many you are an example of a family to follow, so we hope everything is said and done in that program, reveals the God’s love in their lives first, and then that everyday life is an encouragement to some in this world full of evil and hatred in which we live. Christian families should be light in this dark world and setting an example of love, solidarity, benevolence, love of neighbor and the needy. Are the things that the good Father asks us in the Bible. We know that there are no perfect families or perfect people, so some may feel disappointed, but the world does not understand that the perfection will arrive when we are equal to the image of Jesus Christ, but not for everyone, but for those who walk in the way and the will of God the Father. We wish with all my heart that they’re coming chapters, are a blessing to those who follow him and want. I wonder as health walks in the small Jeb? for the pictures it looks beautiful, may God keep you all, we close with brotherly love in Christ Jesus.

Gil March 10, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Dear Anita,
Please don’t look at us as having fans… We are so normal and have so much to learn. Jeb is in perfect health and we are so delighted to have him! Love, Kelly

Molly March 10, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I can’t wait! I know I’ll be watching!

Kristy Jesk March 10, 2012 at 9:27 pm

So exciting to hear the news of your upcoming shows! You and your family really are an encouragement. I truely believe that God is using yourselves and the Duggar family to change people’s hearts and minds. You are all an inspiration! I can honestly and whole heartedly say that my entire life has changed for the better because of seeing your family and the Duggar family regularly. I’m so happy to see little Jeb home and doing well and that picture with the TLC outfit is too cute! God bless!

Livvy March 10, 2012 at 9:30 pm

Wow that’s great news! I so happy to hear the y’all are gonna do some shows!

Marilyn March 10, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Hi Kelly and Gil and a big hello to all the children as well. What an exciting time for you and I very happy to learn you will be having your own show!!! God has blessed you all and it sounds a thrilling time for your AND for us to get to know you better. Hugs and ‘see you soon’. Marilyn

LindseyMarie March 10, 2012 at 10:07 pm

We don’t usually watch tv, but are planning on recording your show on Tuesday. We are ready to be inspired!

Thank you for opening up your home and letting us in for a peek. So looking forward to it!

Beanie March 10, 2012 at 10:11 pm

How neat! :D

Nicki Bourgeois March 10, 2012 at 10:28 pm

So happy to hear that you are all doing well! …and so excited to see your family on another special. Our family DVR’ed the last special and we continue to enjoy it from time to time. Your family is such an inspiration and Kelly has been such a role model for me to look up to as a younger mom of 5. Your family is beautiful and God bless you all!

Allison W March 10, 2012 at 11:09 pm

How wonderful! I can’t wait to watch. Hope everything is going well with your family and that baby Jeb is staying healthy. Also, I hope that you have been spared any bad weather that recently came through the south.
Love in Christ,
Allison

Donna March 10, 2012 at 11:11 pm

So excited that your one hour show will air March 13 rather than as previously mentioned March 27. We don’t have to wait as long for it…now it’s just in a few more days. And glad to hear that you’re doing eight half-hour shows for the summer. That’ll be nice to see you on TV.

God Bless your family and little Jeb…he’s sooooo cute. And Kelly, you look great.

Carita March 10, 2012 at 11:42 pm

My suggestion for a name for the show is Tennessee Bates: Our call to serve the Lord. Just thought you might like it. Another one is Tennessee Bates: Faith, Grace and Blessings. I am excited to see the shows and May the Lord Bless you and keep you in His care. Say hello to the gang.
God Bless
~Carita~

Johnna March 10, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Dear Bates Family,

It’s very nice to hear you will be having a show. I home the fame won’t change your lifestyle too much. I hope this show doesn’t take real life from you all. Looking forward to seeing how the media presents you all. Hopefully you will be in the Dallas area sometime. Would love to meet you.
Only for Him,
Johnna

Sheri Walton March 11, 2012 at 12:57 am

Dear Gil & KellY !!
I’m so happy & excited I’m getting my DVR ready to record..On the 13th I wouldn’t miss it for the world !I know your family will be a blessing to every one. I’m still running off of our Last visit.God just places his people in the right spot for every one .. Jeb is so cute thank you for sharing your life with all of us. What an inspiration you are .Oh & thank you all for just being that bright shinning light for me Go Bless you .

Sheri Walton

Denise March 11, 2012 at 1:08 am

Yeah that is great news you are on this week and then again in the summer..so looking forward to seeing you all.
Glad to hear Jeb is doing well.. you look great Kelly.

Hope Zach and Sarah are doing well.

Alicia March 11, 2012 at 1:45 am

How exciting. Thank you for you willingness to share a piece of your life with others. It is an encouragement. Beautiful pictures. We look forward to seeing your shows.

Lynn March 11, 2012 at 2:11 am

This sounds awsome!!! I wished they would put your show on regular tv DTV so we could watch it. I cant get satilite because of bills. I wish you blessings in this and I know this is what the Lord wants you to do…..
love, lynn

Lisa March 11, 2012 at 2:41 am

I can’t wait to see the shows. Your family is such a blessing to mine. May God bless your family!

Jennifer March 11, 2012 at 3:04 am

Dear Kelly, I am so happy to read that you all will be doing these shows on TLC. I cannot wait to tune in.

Michelle W. March 11, 2012 at 3:11 am

I’m thrilled about your new show and hope that TLC will make it available on iTunes so we can watch it.
Jeb is looking very handsome in his little TLC outfit. :-)

Katie March 11, 2012 at 3:23 am

Dear Gil and Kelly,
Thank you so much for this post! Specifically, the “God, Family, then Ministry” portion. I have been trying to decide if I’m spreading myself too thin in ministry right now, and I had no idea if I should be putting this before my family or not. I accepted the Lord as a teen, without the support of my family, and am raising two little ones (24 m and 4 m) with my wonderful husband. However, I lack the parental guidance with simple questions such as these at times. Anyways, the Lord obviously had a hand in it, and He still amazes me when He takes the time to answer my little wonderings! :)
Thank you for your faithfullness!

Gil March 11, 2012 at 8:28 pm

Dear Katie,
Our beliefs are that your personal time with the Lord and Bible reading should be a priority. Your church attendance to fellowship with other Christians, learn Bible doctrine and practical application should also be a priority. Ministry is important, but if it squeezes out time for your family and you end up losing the precious relationships in your home, what success in ministry have you really had? There has to be balance. You could also lean so far to putting all of the emphasis on family that you neglect ministry, and you neglect the importance of teaching your children to serve. A happy balance for us is to be involved in a ministry our whole family can participate in (like nursing home ministry, hospital visitation, passing out the Gospel message through tracts and books, etc.). Our older children have branched out into doing additional types of ministry (like short mission trips, etc.). My father was a wonderful man… I think the best Dad in the world. He was a preacher and I learned so much from him. One thing he shared with me early in my marriage, with tears in his eyes, was the regrets he had for neglecting family time for ministry. He travelled a great deal and was in great demand to preach, but his marriage dissolved and his children struggled with the new pressures of living in the middle of a broken home. He resigned from preaching. He was a humble man and learned from his mistakes. He never remarried, but instead spent the remainder of his years trying to counsel married couples and pastors to help them restore their relationships. He died 8 years ago as my greatest hero, and I feel like his advice laid the foundation to protect my home. Love, Kelly

Rebecca March 11, 2012 at 4:08 am

Congrats on the new show. I’ll be watching!!!!

Almorr March 11, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Hello Gil, wonderful family you have, is there any chance that this one hour show on March 13 will be shown in the United Kingdom? Or maybe I could watch it on the Internet.

Gil March 11, 2012 at 8:13 pm

Dear Almorr,
I’m sorry I don’t know the answer to your question. I’ll try to find out. Love, Kelly

Tara G. March 11, 2012 at 12:48 pm

I’m so excited to hear about your upcoming shows on TLC. It is such an encouragement to us to see families that put priorities where they should be! May God bless you!

Casey March 11, 2012 at 3:55 pm

So excited about your new shows!! Will be so fun to “see” you more often :) . So thankful baby Jeb Colton is doing well!

Kate March 11, 2012 at 4:08 pm

I can’t wait to watch the new feature on ABC!
I was wondering whether you could give me some advice?
I am Tori’s age and am currently seeking the Lord as my Saviour. Unfortunately it is not easy as none of my family are Christian! And I therefore only have one friend to turn to for advice. I was just wondering what advice you give your daughters of my age to be good Christians and to follow the word of God?
I don’t want to be a nuisance as I understand that you are probably very busy with Jeb at the moment (who looks so sweet in these pictures).
Thanks for reading
Kate, London. [:

Gil April 6, 2012 at 1:17 am

Dear Kate,
What an important question! I begin telling my children to pray for God to show them their sin. Without recognizing you have a need in your life, it would be hard to call on a Saviour for help. Truth is, we’ve all fallen short of perfection… we’ve all sinned. Just like a fine is given for speeding, penalty is given for sin. But just as a govenor can offer a prisoner pardon, Christ offered to pay for our sins so that we could be excused from penalty. The person who recognizes the debt they owe for their sin and wants to accept Christ’s payment for their sin, is willing to humble themselves, to admit their need, confess their sins, and ask God to save them from the penalty they rightfully deserve. Christ promises to grant forgiveness and to be Lord of their life. He gives them a new heart with new desires. SM Davis has a great website with many helpful sermons. May God direct you to the perfect ones to help giunderstanding! Love, Kelly

emily March 11, 2012 at 4:45 pm

great post kelly! i have an idea…….you could think about calling your show multiple blessings, god blessed the bates, . let me know what you think!

Becky March 11, 2012 at 5:13 pm

PRAISE! That is great news-and just your post gave me encouragement during some trials I am going through! Look forward to the shows-AMEN!

Juanita March 11, 2012 at 9:01 pm

Thank you for clarifying about your show. Here’s a suggestion; 19 Kids and Counting II. Well, probably you’ll need the Duggars’ permission. I may think of more later and I’ll share then. But I look forward to summer and getting to see them. Hopefully they’ll be on YouTube eventually for those who can’t, or if I miss a week for being away on vacation. I have prayed often for wisdom for the Duggars about their lives being publicized like this, and now I will pray that for you too.

Aura del Mar March 11, 2012 at 10:22 pm

Congrats and I cannot wait to see your beautiful family on T.V . God bless you

Regards from Colombia.

Alice Hull March 11, 2012 at 11:00 pm

As the others have expressed, I am glad the show is sooner rather than later! It is school break this week, too, so we can watch without having to get up early. We miss you all and think back on the times we spent together with joy and love. Our warm good wishes to each of you, and we hope we can see Jeb and Judson–so big now–sometime soon. We are praising the Lord for answered prayer and an especially blessed church service this morning. His Name was lifted up!! We love Him so.

Franicia March 11, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Praise the Lord! What exciting news! :-)

It is wonderful to see how the Lord is using your family for His glory. We’re very excited for you all!

I especially love :-) how you put your priorities in order and the Lord first and your family despite this. It is refreshing to be encouraged by your family and the Duggars who are able to balance this life, by God’s grace, while also ensuring your family is a top priority. It is great that the Lord allows you to teach others that it can be done! Great job :-)

Franicia for the White family

Shannon Wallace March 12, 2012 at 12:10 am

Kelly, I have tears in my eyes reading some of your responses. I’m so sorry that your father passed away. He sounds like he was an amazing father! :) I also wanted to comment on another response you posted, about that you have found encouragement and wisdom from not just those who are like you all, but wives with no children, two children, singles, etc. I must confess Kelly, that I struggle with being a mommy (and we homeschool too) to only one child here on earth. Our oldest passed away in a tragic accident in June of 2010. The Lord has been faithful and has blessed us in the midst if our sorrow. God provided in a miraculous way for us to have a reversal (my husband had a vasectomy many years ago) a little over a year ago. I struggle with not getting pregnant. Your kind words of wisdom that we should find contentedness no matter our circumstances really inspired me today! I hope to meet you some day. :) Thank you for letting the Lord to use your family for His glory! May the Lord richly bless your ministry. Congratulations on your newest blessing, Jeb. :)

Love in Christ,
Shannon
Texas

Gil March 12, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Dear Shannon,
Please don’t EVER feel badly about your family size! Your blessing is no less of a blessing than any other! Pour your life into leading him and teaching him to have a purposeful life, treasure every moment… I’m sure you’re a super mom that has many insights to share with all of us!! Love, Kelly

tessa March 12, 2012 at 12:50 am

Show titlesuggestion: Beautiful, Bountiful, “Bates’iful Blessings :)

Emily Raynes March 12, 2012 at 2:02 am

Love all of these pictures ~Mrs. Kelly~! I hope everyone is doing well, excited about the new shows! :) Love y’all!

Karen March 12, 2012 at 2:56 am

Thank you for sharing your family with us. I struggled for 11 years with fertility issues and was blessed with one child, a son. He is now married and he and his wife have been blessed with a beautiful daughter – my first grand daughter. I so enjoy watching the way your family, as well as the Dugger family, ministers to not only all members of your family no matter how young, but the families and individuals you come in contact with. I am looking forward to your one hour special, and any additional to come. God’s blessing on your family.

Katie March 12, 2012 at 3:27 am

Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my comment. I truly appreciate it, as I treasure any advice from Christian parents such as Gil and yourself. Your dad does sound like he was a wonderful man, and I can imagine your life was blessed to have such a person in it. It was so sweet of you to share those memories with me. Thank you again for your family’s ministry. It has been such an encouragement to our young family!
Sincerely,
The Bost family

Stephanie LaRue March 12, 2012 at 5:49 am

We are also a christian family with very strong morals & convictions. We have 2 sweet girls and just found out today we have another blessing on the way. We too have chose not to have t.v. & plan on homeschooling. We are very excited to have the opportunity to glimpse into your lives! Our family have been faithful Duggar watchers over the years. I love the way they live their faith out, not only does it give us hope, it also strengthens us. Can’t wait to see the inner working of your family & how you all make things work. Oh, and we also live in Morgan county, just next door to ya’ll!

Alexis March 12, 2012 at 6:27 am

Dear Mrs. Bates,

I am super excited to see both the special and the summer episodes. Would you consider “Family of 21″?

Just thankful for your priorities and your ministry.

If I may ask you, there is a super sweet family in Ukraine who are missionaries who are going through a change in their lives. Could I ask you pray for them?

Hope all is well with all of you. Also any updates on Zach’s courtship?

Alexis

Gil March 17, 2012 at 8:57 pm

Dear Alexis,
I will pray for this missionary family. We tend to forget to pray for those that are out doing the labor. This is a good reminder. Love, Kelly

Annette March 12, 2012 at 11:55 am

Our family does not get broadcast TV. will the special be available online as the other one was? And if so where could I expect to find it?

Gil March 12, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Dear Annette,
Someone sent us a link to the 5 min. clip Juju did on Good Morning America (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/bates-family-adds-19th-child-reality-show-tlc-15901336), but I’m not really sure how the TLC show works as far as other options for access… Sorry. Love, Kelly

Tracie March 12, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
We enjoy our own “little” Bates Family here in Anderson,SC. What a blessing to have encouragement from others with the same belief in the Risen Savior,Christ Jesus,the Lord.

Kristy March 12, 2012 at 3:59 pm

I am a 25 year old mother of a 15 month little boy and a 1 month old little girl. I am so thankful that you will be sharing encouragement through the new tlc series. My husband and I are struggling with how to live our lives in this day in age when things are so awful in media and you are surrounded by people who do not live a Christian life. The temptations are so great that it often causes problems in our marriage. We became Christians about 2 years ago, right before we got married, and struggle with our natural impulse to live our lives the way we grew up. It is very difficult to change your thinking toward God’s way when it seems so unnatural or ridiculous to people around you. Do you have any suggestions for our family, who didn’t grow up as your children have? I want our family to attend an ATI Conference this year, but we are deterred because we are not as strong in our faith as many who are already involved. Plus, we would know absolutely no one and feel very awkward. Your family is an inspiration. Any tips on how you handled your family in the beginning when it was only you versus young ones? : ) I would love to know just a small amount of all the wisdom you know. I would have a conversation with you hours if I could. You are an amazing family! God Bless!

Gil April 6, 2012 at 1:05 am

Dear Kristy,
The only tips I have are enjoy every moment because they grow up fast, don’t get rattled over spilled milk because every ounce of effort you spend is rewarded immensely beyond your investment, look to God for strength to keep a joyful, vibrant attitude in the home, and learn to communicate with God, your hubby, and your children to keep strong family ties! Love, Kelly

Kristy Jeske March 12, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Hi again Kelly,
I have an off topic question? Have you thought of putting a section on your site full of recipes? I know that I have seen a few you have posted here and there but I don’t see a search function anywhere so it’s difficult to find them back. I love looking at the Duggar’s recipes and since I have a growing family, 5 children(+ 1 not here yet) I always love to see how large families cook. Just an idea and I know how busy you are so I understand if it’s too hard to get a new section on the site. Thanks again for your encouragement! God Bless!

Gil March 12, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Dear Kristy,
I should get some recipes from the film crew that has been working with us! They’re all like gourmet chefs!!! I’m embarrased cooking in front of them! LOL! We’ll try to work on that when things slow down a bit… Love, Kelly

Emily Fay March 12, 2012 at 6:03 pm

We just love your family and are so blessed by your encouragement! What a wonderful example you are! Our family cannot wait to see the show! Do you know if it will eventually come out on DVD? That would be so wonderful as we don’t have streaming television into our home – we only rent or buy DVD’s – or watch online. Blessings to you on this new adventure! Praying for you all! Love, Emily Fay

Almorr March 12, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Thank you Kelly, I have now found the times of the program in the U.K
It’s on Discovery HEALTH, I have a TIVO recording P.V.R and I have now got a scheduled program for about 10 programs over the next week, I hope you are keeping well

Alan from Glasgow Scotland

Gil March 13, 2012 at 4:20 pm

Dear Alan,
Someone told us when the show is recorded with the TIVO, the many yucky commercials can be avoided. That sounds like a much better option! Love, Kelly

Carita March 12, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Just watched the clip. Thanks for the link I was having trouble getting it. Your graciousness is such a Blessing Gil and Kelly. We will be glued to our TV when the special comes on. You are so all so awesome!!!!

God Bless
~Carita~

Amy Gaskins March 12, 2012 at 7:26 pm

So happy for your family! May God continue to bless you all!

Kelly H March 12, 2012 at 8:29 pm

I want your family to know WHAT A BLESSING you are to this world. I am very much looking forward to your show. There are VERY FEW truly family friendly shows these days let along programs that show SUCH ENCOURAGEMENT. God is working!!!!

Kerri-ann (Australia) March 12, 2012 at 9:35 pm

How wonderful that you can use TV to show the world what God does for his people and how we can serve him. I know that your family would have thought long and hard about it, but can I say that i love and feel encouraged by your family and your blog, so now tv is even greater. Even though i live in Australia we won’t be able to see it (just like the duggar episodes we need to wait for YouTube or Pay TV)but i look forward to seeing snipits.

And for those that live outside of the US, wait a couple of weeks and type “The Bates Family: Baby Makes 19.” in your search engine and see if it comes up with the video- we can only hope.

Thanks Kelly- I’m excited :)

Lauren Sharpe March 13, 2012 at 12:37 am

That is wonderful that you guys will have your own t.v show. We love and miss hearing from you guys. We understand and are so thrilled for you all on the arrival of little Jeb. When things settle please let me hear from you. God Bless,

The Sharpes

Annette March 13, 2012 at 1:03 pm

Kelly

Thank You for the link! I’ll just have to keep my eyes open for your special online!!

I agree with what you have told Shannon; my DH and I have only 3 children and we are very thankful for each of them!!

Almorr March 13, 2012 at 5:13 pm

Dear Kelly, just watched the show when some of the family were jumping out of the plane, I bet you all prayed that everything would be fine, and of course it was, that is correct, you can skip the ads with the TIVO box

Alan from Scotland.

michelle March 13, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Kelly, Will your family get to watch the show tonight? I know you guys dont watch TV but I didn’t know if you would go visit a relative or church friend that did!
Michelle

Mary March 13, 2012 at 6:09 pm

So excited to see your show tonight! We are recording it cause we don’t do the “tv” thing we only allow our kids to watch movies that my husband and I approve of but we have one tv with cable to record things like this on so we can skip commercials;) your family has set a great example to my family personally. Thank you for your encouragement to our family and so many others! May God continue to bless ya’ll as you continue to follow and serve Him!

Jen March 13, 2012 at 7:02 pm

Thank you for opening your home up to the world so they can see what Christ can do for them. A true blessing. Love Jen.

Stephanie March 13, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I am so thrilled that you decided to do some shows. You and your beautiful family are such an inspiration. Congratulations on the latest handsome edition to your family.

Jessica March 14, 2012 at 3:39 am

Hey,
I watched your show tonight, and your family is such a blessing! Kelly is an amazing woman, and I am encouraged by her faith and love for her family. I am also amazed at the times I’ve commented on here and you’ve took the time to answer me. I know your life is so busy, and it’s a blessing that you’d take time to talk to someone you’ve never met. I know I’ve asked you a few questions about different things, and you’ve always been an encouragement. After watching your show tonight, I have another question for you. I have had two babies. We are letting God control how many children He wants to bless us with. My husband and I both love children, and would love to have a large family, if that is the Lord’s will. But one thing that people keep telling me is that I can’t have epidurals if I want to have a lot of kids. But I noticed on the show tonight that Kelly said she had an epidural. That was a blessing to me, to hear that she did have an epidural. I was just curious how many epidurals have you had, and if you know of there being an “limit” on how many epidurals you can have? I don’t do well with pain. I tried to have my last one natural, but my blood pressure was high, and once they gave me the pitocen I was in too much pain and had to get the epidural. I’d appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thanks,
Jessica :)

Gil March 17, 2012 at 8:34 pm

Dear Jessica,
I had one with Zach, and the last three.I had 15 without medication. There are risks with any medication, but I’m getting older and welcomed the chance to relax through a labor. I would advise knowing any risks associated with any procedures or medications you choose. I think the doctor’s philosophies also play a large role. I use a very conservative, Christian doctor that I trust to report facts accurately. I can also trust that he is not going to press to do any procedures, if not absolutely neccesary. Love, Kelly

Lisa March 14, 2012 at 5:23 am

I’ve enjoyed watching your family on television; my husband was raised in a family similar to yours (though about half the size) and it’s been interesting to see, first hand some of the things he’s told me about (he was homeschooled and his family was a part of ATI as well.)
This is probably a silly question, but I’ve always wondered if it bugged you that so many articles about your family get the plural form of your name wrong! My husband’s last name ends in “S” also, and while my last name is actually different from his, some people don’t know this, and refer to us as the “Jones” (or even “Jones’”) and not “the Joneses” of “the jones family” which would be correct of course (well, it would be if I shared his last name, lol!) My grammar is certainly not perfect, but this particular thing has always been a pet peeve of mine, and I was curious if it was one of yours too :) Also wondering if it’s something your kids have picked up on?

Gil March 17, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Dear Lisa,
I’ve had people say its “the Bates”, while some say its “the Bateses.” It doesn’t matter to us. We’ll answer to anything! Love, Kelly

Jennifer March 14, 2012 at 8:05 am

Congratulations on your new beautiful baby boy! I am so excited that we are going to be seeing more of your family on TLC. You guys are such an inspiration with regard to families and the marital relationship. As a Christian myself I pray Gods blessings on each of you as you continue to let your light shine before all men.

Franicia March 14, 2012 at 12:19 pm

We recently started downloading (after purchasing) the Duggar episodes from iTunes right onto our computer and there are no commercials. Yay!

We’ve also bought some of the older DVDs from TLC’s store to “catch up” since we love learning from the wisdom of the Duggar family and only found out about them rather recently (last two years I think or less).

Franicia White

Lindsey March 14, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I enjoyed watching the show last night. Your family is an inspiration to me. I want to thank you for allowing us to view your family because you have given me the courage to openly trust the Lord with not only our family size but in the way we live life. I have always enjoyed watching you on the Duggar’s show. While I enjoy the Duggar’s, I have always found your family more of an inspiration. I feel I relate to your family more. Thank you again for the opportunity to have a glimpse of your life. You have touched people in more ways than you could ever know.

Jeff March 14, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Gil and Kelly,

Just wanted to say how much my wife and I enjoyed your special last night on TLC. What a fantastic hour of TV! I know our children will enjoy it when they watch it later today.

Thank you for prayerfully agreeing to open your home up to TLC. We have been so encouraged by the Duggars, but we so loved seeing episodes involving the Bates too. Can’t wait for the summer shows!

Last week I downloaded your finances testimony from Bill Gothard’s website and was truly blessed, encouraged and challenged through it.

Grateful,
The Jackson Family (Chattanooga, TN)

Christy March 14, 2012 at 1:47 pm

what was the show called? can we get it on itunes?

Johanna Chang March 14, 2012 at 2:27 pm

My boyfriend and I watched your TV special last night and absolutely adore your family to pieces! We admire your values, the talent of your children and your family tree service business. Thank you for being a wonderful encouragement to us! Congratulations on your latest bundle of joy! Do you have a link to any of Gil’s preaching? We would enjoy hearing his messages! Love, Johanna

Gil March 17, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Dear Johanna,
You can find the messages through IBLP online Bookstore or through the Embassy University(allows you to hear a large collection of sermons and seminars for $9 monthly) or just drop a note to my PO Box asking for a sermon, and I’ll be glad to send it to you! Love, Kelly

Brenda H. March 14, 2012 at 4:01 pm

HI Kelly
Loved the show last night! What a beautiful family! My husband was watching with me and really enjoyed the singing!
Thank you for respondign to my post about our finances and offering to send us the dvd with Gil’s testimony. Can I email you my address or should I mail it to the address on website?
THank you for taking time from your busy schedule to offer your help!
God Bless,
Brenda

Gil March 14, 2012 at 5:55 pm

Dear Brenda,
Mail it to the Po Box 544 address and just stick a note in to remind me what DVD I promised to send. Love, Kelly

Samantha March 14, 2012 at 4:07 pm

Your show was lovely and seeing your family sing all the little songs I do with my children was so fun!! My children are ages 14, 11, 8, 6, 4, and 2. They love singing and music too and so do my dh and I. I was wondering what you do when you desire another blessing from God and haven’t gotten one. It’s so very hard when I see people who don’t even *want* a baby have one, and I want one so badly (my youngest is nearly 3 and no baby yet. I’ve never gone this long without getting pregnant) and I’m not having one. I struggle with not being upset over that. I try to take it to God and trust in Him but it’s hard and I just don’t understand why we haven’t had any more. We desire more children so very much!! Six seems like such a small family to us LOL!! We laugh when people think we have a large family! It just doesn’t seem like very many to us! We turned our family planning over to God when our 2nd child was 10 mo old, and have had a new baby about every 2 years since then….until now. I’m really struggling with this.

Gil March 14, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Dear Samantha,
You have 6 wonderful blessings and there are so many other women who would love to be able to say that! I know its hard, but learning to trust God means accepting His plan (that means even if it is 6!). I’m glad you so enthusiastically desire more… but be patient and be grateful! Take this waiting time to lavish your love on the six in your nest. Use this time to give God Thanks for what He HAS done!! I know you already know this and do this, so its just a reminder for all of us- including me- to be willing to say, “God, whatever you decide is okay.” Of course, nothing is wrong with praying for more and having the desire for more… just don’t let it cause you to be discontent if God doesn’t answer like you want. Your enthusiasm and love for kids will probably rub off on your other children, and chances are they will have a great attitude and love for children. Love, Kelly

Tammi March 14, 2012 at 4:43 pm

The show last night on TLC was wonderful!!! May the Peace of the Lord be always with you.

Angelak March 14, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Thank you, thank you, thank you…for sharing your family with the world. I have loved you since I first saw you on the Duggar’s show. I just watched your show from last night, and feel so blessed and encouraged by it.

Heather Ferguson March 14, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Dear Gil and Kelly, I just loved you show last night and i’m looking forward to see the new show in the summer, I thank the lord for you all and the Duggars who love and honer the lord and manyway and are willing to do tv shows honoring him. I can remeber when you all first apperened on 19 kids and counting. I prey that god will led you all to do more and sure more with the world. I do have a question, when is Zack planing on marrying? I knoew is in a courtship. I paey for the 2 of them as well. God bless you two and your family

Julianne March 14, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Loved watching your show on TLC last night! Your display of love for Christ and your beautiful marriage is so inspiring! Thank you for sharing!

sonja petersen March 14, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Hey Bates!
I’m happy to see you all together in one photo!
Wow, your little ones have grown so much and so fast.
I totally agree with you: God knows what’s best for each one of us. He shows the way, every day, he is with us in every moment. We call on him. Everybody is different and special- and so are our ways.
I want to wish you all the best, Love, Sonja

Gail March 14, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Just wanted to say I enjoyed your show last night. I’m always thinking and praying for your family, and have been since I frist saw you all on 19 Kids and Counting. I never miss that show, not even the reruns. I’m very much looking forward to “sharing” your family this summer. I have 4 children, 1 girl and 3 boys and one in heaven. I never got to hold my little girl, except in my heart, where i hold her at all times. My children are all grown now and I have 6 grandchildren, 5 girls and 1 boy.
Thank you for sharing your family with us, in Christ
Gail

Pam March 14, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I loved your show last evening (watched it this morning on my DVR) and am still smiling from it! Gil, your humbleness, charm and spirit of fun came across so easily! Kelly, your love of your husband, children, the Lord and enjoying all of them was just contagious! Your children appear very happy, healthy and confident! Thank you for sharing your live’s with us viewers and I look forward to watching more in the summer! May God continue to bless you.

p.s.: I was surprised that you all hunt and Alyssa wanted to participate with you for her birthday. Personally, I am against hunting or hurting any of God’s creature’s and wonder how you came to enjoy the sport?

Gil March 17, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Dear Pam,
Some of our children hunt occassionally and some of our children share your exact sentiments. The ones that do hunt, see it as no different than the food you buy at the grocery store. The ones that don’t enjoy hunting, still want to eat the hamburger and chicken, but they’d prefer to buy it already cooked!One day a deer was in our yard and Gil went to grab his bow, but Erin stuck her head out the door to warn the deer to run… She said, “Run deer… Save yourself!” The deer stood still and Gil tried to aim, but missed really bad. Erin said, “Oh, it’s okay, deer, you’re safe with Dad around!”… If that tells you anything about their hunting skills or the amount of time invested in it!Gil has never gotten a deer. For him, he enjoys going with the kids, spending time with them, teaching them hunting skills, and feeling like a Dad. We’ve met a lot of kids that grew up feeling like they missed out on learning the old timey outdoor skills of camping, hunting, etc… so if they want to they can learn. If not, they don’t have to. It’s not something we invest a lot of time in (maybe once or twice a year on a birthday), but it has been time they’ve enjoyed together. If they want to fish, we fish… If they want to swim, we swim… If they want to climb mountains, we climb…The point is finding things to do together! Love, Kelly

Rachel Gomric March 14, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Dear Bates Family-
I was very excited to be able to take in the TLC special airing last night! It was a special time that my husband and I were able to spend together and enjoy! What a blessing and wonderful witness you are able to share!! We have a hard time ‘waiting in the Lord’, but were renewed and encouraged! Congratulations on baby Jeb, absolutely beautiful, precious and fearfully made! Blessings to your home!
Rachel

Kari March 14, 2012 at 6:41 pm

Thank you so much Bates Family! Thank you for encouraging me and sharing your wonderful testimony with the world.

Brittany March 14, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Dear Kelly, do you know what the show is going to be called?

Gil March 15, 2012 at 2:38 am

Dear Brittany,
No, I am in suspense myself… Love, Kelly

Cary March 14, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Congratulations on the lovely show! I think we should all pray for endurance for you as your audience grows ;D Thank you so much for sharing your love of God, each other and your family. You truly are a blessing and a joy ~ we’ll keep you in prayer, hugs to you

Toni (Bibb) Akin March 14, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I was so thrilled to see your special on TLC last night! And to hear that there will be 8 more episodes in the summer! I went to high school with Gil. I’m a couple of years older, but one of my best high school friends was Alison (Ashley) Darby and her dad co-owned the “A&B” with Gil’s dad. I left SC in 1993 to attend Southwestern Seminary in Fort Worth, TX and never left. But, Gil’s Aunt Miriam used to keep my mother updated on the “amazing growing Bates family.” Then you guys popped up on the Duggars show and I got to “see” for myself! I kept telling Mother, Gil and Kelly should have their own show – they have their own dynamic testimony! You guys (and the Duggars) have been such an incredible encouragement to me, I can’t tell you!

I pray that you’re able to continue to tape additional episodes of the show and that TLC will see the benefit of airing positive, encouraging shows like yours and the Duggars. Without shows like this on mainstream television, many, many people will never see a model of a Godly, functional, thriving family. This is truly a worldwide ministry!

I wish I knew you personally, Kelly – I feel like I do from the television appearances and your wonderful blog! How strange that must feel for you guys! But nonetheless, we are sisters in Christ and you have my continued prayers for this phenomenal ministry you have and for your precious family!

Love, Toni

Jessica March 14, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Hi Kelly!
Your family is such a blessing and encouragement. My husband and I have one little guy (7 months) and are trusting God with how many children He has for us. It’s so hard at times to find like-minded people. I so wish we could have watched your show last night, but we don’t have T.V. Do you know if there is another way to watch it? Maybe online?
May the Lord bless you guys as you enter into this new ministry…it truly is a ministry!

Love, Jessica

Karyn March 15, 2012 at 12:45 am

I enjoyed your show last night but I have to tell you that it made me so nervous to see that you have 2 dangeruous trampolines in your backyard without safety nets around the sides. Trampolines cause more serious childhood accidents than you can imagine and they result in even more accidents when there are several children on them at one time. Please consider replacing those older trampolines with newer safer modesl that come with the safety net enclosures.

Gil March 17, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Dear Karyn,
That’s a great safety suggestion. Thank you. We’ll have to check into that! Love, Kelly

Barbara March 15, 2012 at 1:52 am

Loved the special last night! We dont have cable so we went to my sister’s house to watch. Can’t wait for the shows coming this summer. God Bless!

Samantha March 15, 2012 at 3:34 am

Thank you for your sweet response, Kelly. You of course, only told me what I already knew myself. Be patient and wait on the Lord’s timing. :) My children *definitely* desire lots of children, and pray constantly for me and my 4 yr old keeps telling me ‘I want you to have twins, Mommy! A girl baby and a boy baby’ My nearly 14 yr old prays for God to bless us continually, she loves babies so much and is the first one in any room to coo over and beg to hold and love on a little one. :) Such sweet children!! :) They are a joyous wonderful miraculous blessing in my life and I am ever grateful God has given them to me, undeserving though I may be. :)

Samantha

Alexis March 15, 2012 at 4:38 am

Dear Mrs. Bates,

I am THRILLED about your show and enjoyed the special. thank you for the love and encouragement as well as reminders of what is important in life.

Alexis

Hannah March 15, 2012 at 4:54 am

Today is my 18th birthday!!!!!! loved your show……you guys are so cute especially Lawson:-)

JenniferL March 15, 2012 at 5:07 am

I really enjoyed the show last night. I was really rooting for Alyssa to get that deer! Maybe next time… :)

Linda March 15, 2012 at 6:22 am

Thank you all for sharing about your family, beliefs, and how you manage your lives. It was so wonderful to see how Christ centered your daily life and practices are. I appreciate your examples on how you maintain and bulid on your relationships with each other and with Christ. I am so looking forward to the shows coming this summer!You have inspired me to spend more daily time with my heavenly Father and I know I will benefit greatly from this!

ashley March 15, 2012 at 6:37 am

Saw the show, you guys have a great family. Congratulates Jebs beautiful! Will you do a show like the Duggars? One more question, is courting like engaged? God bless.

Gil April 6, 2012 at 12:59 am

Dear Ashley,
Courting is more like a pre-engagement or an opportunity for getting to know each other on a more committed level than merely friendship level. It implies the idea of purity and the desire to look for the right marriage partner. It doesn’t always end in engagement and marriage, if they discover they have different goals, etc. But it is a protection from the dating mindset that promotes the idea of “date one here, break up, grab another” where there is often no sense of responsibility toward the emotions of the other person and having fun is often the primary goal, rather than a future commitment, purity, or the other person’s best interests. Love, Kelly

Julianne March 15, 2012 at 4:52 pm

Dear Gil, Kelly & Family!

I was watching your show yesterday (I had to TIVO) it, and my 5 year old daughter Kaycee says to me “mama, I want a big family JUST like that!” With a huge smile on her face! It took me by surprise since she does have a 6 mos old baby sister but for her to see how loving and caring your family is, I think makes her want even more siblings. I am so thankful to be able to share your faith from God with her because now is a good time to get her started! So thank you so much and I do hope ya’ll get a show because it would be awesome to see even more wonderful stories about your family. Thanks a bunch!

God Bless,
Julianne

Brittany March 15, 2012 at 6:12 pm

Ok thank you Kelly

sarah March 15, 2012 at 8:12 pm

I am so thankful that even as your fame continues to grow, that you are still “real” enough to have this website and answer comments and such. Thank you!

Diane March 15, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Hi, are you members of the tea party and do you have a photo of Nathan Bedford Forrest hanging in your house or are these just scary rumors?

Gil March 16, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Dear Diane,
We are not members of the tea party. We were given a set of hand drawn pictures of Civil War soldiers as a gift. As soon as someone brought this to our attention, we removed it. We do not approve of any prejudice, and are grateful to have been raised in families who taught us that the variety of skin colors adds beauty to our world, like colorful flowers in a garden. Love, Kelly

Carita March 15, 2012 at 10:25 pm

The show was awesome!!!
~Carita~

Meagan Biddison March 15, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Dear Bates famly,
I totally adore you! I am almost just like you! I ALWAYS wear dresses and I belive in God… but there is lots of things we don’t have in common and 1 is .. I don’t have a big family. I am blessed to just have a brother, Micah,a dog, Marty, and 2 wonderful parents that belive is God. I am 11 and I just saw your show! Love it to death!You are such an exsample to me!Is there any way I can get your kids middle names and birthdays? God bless!

Love, Meagan ashley Biddison
“A friend loves at all times.” Proverbs 17:17

Meagan Biddison March 15, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Dear Bates family,
Sorry about the terrible spelling mistakes! I should know how to write a letter… I’m in 5th grade! Love, Meagan :D

Amber March 16, 2012 at 12:25 am

Hi Kelly!

We are subscribed to the Duggars show through iTunes and would LOVE to be able to watch your show, too! [No TV or satellite stuff here] If you ever learn of a way for the rest of us to be able to tune in to your show, please let us know. Awesome families such as yours are truly an inspiration to our own growing family, and it was – in fact – a huge reason why my husband fully gave himself to the Lord 2 years ago. We hope to meet you guys in real life one day! That would be such a blessing indeed. Are there any opportunities for that in the near future? We are in NC way out in the country. =-)

Praying for continued blessings on your wonderful family!

Haley March 16, 2012 at 12:54 am

Samantha,
What about adopting more children? There are so many children in need of homes. If you desire more children and have not conceived again, that may be a good option for you.

Beth Porreco March 16, 2012 at 12:55 am

The show was great! What a great ministry opportunity! Like Sarah said in her comment, I too am glad you continue to manage your own website and keep things personal.

Rebecca March 16, 2012 at 1:22 am

Gill & Kelly
I just got a chance to watch your new show (I had to record it) and I love it and I love your family!!! We met in Branson in 2008 when your family and the Duggar family were there. I feel so honored to have met you. I also have some pictures that I took of you guys then as well and was wondering if you would like a copy? My youngest son and I also rode the “Roaring Rapids” at Celebration City with Zach. Anyway I just wanted to let you know that I happy to see that the baby is doing good and I will continue to pray for your family.
Love you all;
Becky from Oklahoma

Gil March 16, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Dear Becky,
I love photos… that would be great! Love, Kelly

Judith March 16, 2012 at 1:52 am

Hello Kelly

I have been watching 19 kids for years and love the episodes when your family was visiting. The show on the 13th was wonderful and I am so happy to hear there will be more. I would have loved to have had a bigger family, but the Lord saw fit to give me 4 wonderful children and I am content with our life. May God bless you as you embark on this new chapter in your family’s life!

Diane March 16, 2012 at 3:28 am

Why did you delete my comment? Did I say something wrong?

Mrs gloria jared March 16, 2012 at 7:07 am

Dear Kelly
Just thought I would write you a quick note before you get so “important” you cant answer all your mail…smile… If you ever come through Atlanta Georgia and need a place to stay night or day we are here for you all! We dont have a huge house but I know we have much more room then your old house. (smile) We will give you and brother Gil the best room in the house and will bed everyone else where ever we can sqeeze in a bed. We would enjoy the fellowship! Because of Him, Gloria Jared (My cell 404-713-6548)

Gil March 16, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Dear Gloria,
We like pallets on the floor just as good as anything! You’re so sweet to offer! God Bless! Love, Kelly

Tatum March 16, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Thanks so much for opening your family to us! Its great to see a family of good values,hard working talented children and a successful family business. I am greatly encouraged by your family’s example and look forward to watching more episodes! Is there anywhere online that Gil’s preaching is posted? Sure would enjoy to hear his messages! Love- JT

Kate March 16, 2012 at 9:04 pm

Hi, I was just wondering whether the show will be available in England?
God bless [:

Meagan Biddison March 16, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Dear Mrs. Bates, Did you happen to get my letter?It is the 12th from the last. Yours truly, Meagan Biddison :D

Brittany-Joy March 17, 2012 at 1:27 am

Dear Mrs. Bates,
Thank you so much for being an encouragement to so many people. Your family is a wonderful blessing! I know this is off topic from your blog post, but I was wondering if you or Erin had any recommendations for beginner and intermeddiate piano books for teens? I would love any suggestions! Thank you so much!

God bless!

Denise March 17, 2012 at 1:33 am

I so enjoyed the show the other night.. thank you for sharing your lives with us.. can’t wait to see the episodes in the summer!!

Stephanie March 17, 2012 at 3:53 am

Loved, Loved your show!!!! What a beautiful family you have! You are truly blessed! My question is…do the siblings fight alot? We have 3 kiddos each 18 months apart from the next and as they’ve gotten older they fight amongst each other. Any tips you might have? Ours our boy, girl, boy. Blessings, Stephanie

Gil March 19, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Dear Stephanie,
We have to have reminders about attitudes and putting Christ first. Be attentive when you see wrong attitudes stirring up, take time to stop right then and sit down for a little character lesson. Questions that they answer themselves are very effective. Was that the best way to handle that? Were you thinking of others first? Were you being Christ like? Love, Kelly

isabel March 17, 2012 at 10:16 pm

hi Bates Family!! i hope little Jeb is doing great, as of the rest of ya’ll!!!
i cant wait to see ya’lls show in the summer, we dont have a TV so we have to go on the internet and watch it!
i love hearing from you guys! its amazing what God has done in your family!! ya’ll are a BIG encouragement to me and my family!!
love you guys!!
GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF YA’LL!!!!
isabel S. (13 years old)

Meagan Biddison March 17, 2012 at 11:27 pm

Mrs. Bates, I know you don’t have time to respond to everyone’s comment, and I am not blameing you for anything, besides you have 19 kids! I was wondering if you could just leave me a little message? I wrote a letter up a little bit, and then another one. I hope your family is healthy! Love , Meagan :D

Gil March 19, 2012 at 3:00 pm

Dear Meagan,
I am so sorry your letter got overlooked. We’re all doing great. Thank you for checking. Love, Kelly

Mary March 18, 2012 at 1:49 am

Congrats on your beautiful new addition. I wish you all the best in your upcoming show! I can’t wait to see it.

mary March 18, 2012 at 3:04 am

I enjoyed the “38 kids and counting” episode that was played right before your show the other night; the segment with Zach asking Sarah to enter a courtship was so sweet. I hope everything is going well with them. Congratulations on your beautiful new baby

Dawn March 18, 2012 at 4:19 am

Hi Family.

I missed the show, much to my dissapointment. I had my dates mixed up and ended up being at work while it was on. And forgot to tape it. But I thougth other’s reading the blog might like to know. I just checked the TLC website and looks like it will be re aired on Mar 20th at 8 and 11 PM.

Will catch that one for sure!!

Blessings to you all.
Love Dawn

Almorr March 18, 2012 at 2:07 pm

Hello Kelly, I hope you and your wonderful family are keeping well. I noticed that your best friends the Duggars visited Scotland recently. You are cordially invited to visit my home country as well, you could bring the whole family if you wished. You would have a wonderful time, you could visit Edinburgh Castle, The Royal Mile, Princes Street Gardens and if you came in August, the Highland Games, those are the games that men ‘toss the caber’ that is like lifting a telegraph pole over a distance of 20 yards or so.

I am sure the Duggars enjoyed their holiday here, all of you would too.

God bless

Alan from Cumbernauld Scotland

Gil March 18, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Dear Alan,
That would be quite a vacation… I bet its absolutely beautiful! Looks like we’ll be enjoying the hills of Tennessee for now… but I’d love to see photos!! Love, Kelly

Leah Burnette March 18, 2012 at 8:31 pm

Just got a question for anyone……
We don’t got a T.V.,so I wondered if there was a place I could go
to watch the episode.

Almorr March 18, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Dear Kelly

Simply type SCOTLAND in the search engine and press IMAGE at the top of the screen,it will come up with photos of the country.

Love Alan

Juanita March 18, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Leah, I don’t have cable, so I go work out at the Y at the time it’s on, using a machine with TV access on it.

Tamyra March 19, 2012 at 1:27 am

Hi Gil and Kelly,
Unfortunately I missed the special. Hopefully they will air it again. I am looking forward to your show this summer. I do watch the Duggars and I love when your family is on their show. Both of your families help me and inspire me to walk closer to God especially in my role as wife and mother. Your family picture is great! Jeb is beautiful! Take care.

Julianne Alloggio March 19, 2012 at 4:25 pm

So I wanted to let you know that tomorrow is my 28th Birthday (March 20th) and on March 25th I am getting Baptized with my 2 daughters. Kaycee is 5 and Jessa is 6 mos old. I have also become a born again Christian recently and have decided to start dressing more modest. Any insight as to where your daughters do some of their shopping? I love their style! Thanks so much for your time. God Bless~ Julianne

Gil March 20, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Dear Julianne,
What a sweet testimony… I am so excited for you… Catos and Penneys have some really pretty, modest skirts. Try consignment stores or google search modest clothing. Love, Kelly

Meagan Biddison March 19, 2012 at 10:36 pm

No problem Mrs. Bates! You are SO nice to even write people back! Even though mine comment back was three short sentences, I read it millions of time over and over! Love, Meagan :D

Leah March 19, 2012 at 11:43 pm

Hi Gil and Kelly!

I have seen your family on TV with the Duggars a few times over the years. I absolutely LOVED your special! Your family is so precious and inspirational; having two families on television that live for God is a breath of fresh air with media today. Love, Leah

Christy March 20, 2012 at 2:40 am

Hi Kelly! :) just wondering if ur show and the future shows will be availed on ITunes for those of us who don’t do cable. Thanks :) love u!

Gil March 20, 2012 at 11:49 pm

Dear Christy,
I’m afraid I don’t know how any of that works… Love, Kelly

Brittany March 20, 2012 at 3:39 pm

I’m sure if you found out yet what the show is going to be called yet but I would like if would try to tell as soon as possible.
Love in Christ,
Brittany

Gil March 20, 2012 at 11:47 pm

Dear Brittany,
We have no idea about the name, but will be excited to hear ourselves… Love, Kelly

Rebecca March 20, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Awesome Kelly, I will get those pics to you as soon as I can.

Julianne Alloggio March 21, 2012 at 12:02 am

Thank you so much Kelly! I found Catos and love those styles too and they have really good prices. I also went to a Goodwill store today and got 4 skirts and my daughter 2 shirts, 2 skirts and a pair of shoes for $31.00!! I am amazing at the great findings there. I will have to check out Penny’s as well..thank you so much! Always, Julianne

Christy March 21, 2012 at 2:24 am

What about the TLC people ? Sorry I just really want to see them :)

Amy March 21, 2012 at 2:47 pm

I am 37 and currently expecting our 4th baby. In the past we have never opted to do the genetic blood tests, high def. ultrasound, etc. to detect any problems. Now that my age is increasing and the pressure of my sister doing this with her pregnancy, I am entertaining the idea of doing it this time. My question to you is: Have you ever done any of this testing with any of your pregnancies? I am praying, searching, seeking and answer to this within me. Your prayers and any words of encouragement would be so greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Gil April 5, 2012 at 12:48 am

Dear Amy,
I’ve had regular ultrasounds to check on baby’s health. If there is something we could do to help prevent or help a medical problem, we would consider trying to do what we could to save a life. We don’t do unneccesary testing. Love, Kelly

Brittany March 22, 2012 at 1:56 am

Dear Kelly thanks and i would appreciate it if would post the name on your website when you find out.

Love in Christ,
Brittany

MICHELE EVERSON March 23, 2012 at 6:17 pm

the special was great, love you and the Duggers, it gives us all hope that the American family is not died, Praise the Lord!!

Renee March 23, 2012 at 7:32 pm

Congrats on the newest little blessing to your family,he is gorgeous :-)

Praying that the tlc show would be blessing to your family and to all the viewer :-)

Helen March 24, 2012 at 12:39 am

Thank you so much for posting this because I set up my TV to record your show just in time. You all are really an encouragement to me and my husband and I just appreciate you so much for taking the time to blog and to be on TV. Bless you!

Cristy Exposito March 27, 2012 at 4:13 am

Dear brothers I rejoice with you for this precious little boy! Children are God’s inheritance, so they are a treasure from heaven. May God bless and keep your dear family in the palm of His hand!
Please pray for my children and for our Ministry.
Thank you! God bless!
Your sister Cristy

Ana March 30, 2012 at 9:44 am

Your new show on TLC will be a blessing to so many people. You inspire more than you will ever know.

Annalee March 31, 2012 at 1:55 am

Hi Kelly!
I am so excited to hear about this! I think your family is totally amazing and the kids are all so darn cute. We would love to see more of them and see how your family functions. You guys are amazing! Thank you.

Christy April 5, 2012 at 5:03 pm

Hi Kelly! Did you happen to find out if there is anywhere those of us without cable can see you show?
So happy Jebs doing great!
Christy

Annalee April 6, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Hi Kelly!
I have a question for you-I don’t know if you’ve had a lot of experiences with miscarriage, but I am on my 15th pregnancy and learned a week ago that there is no longer a heartbeat. We are very sad about that, but have a problem now. The doctor admitted me to the hospital and for 2 days tried to induce labor, going to dangerously high doses of the medicine. When I started feeling pains in my heart and stomach, I said I’d had enough and was going to leave while I could still go out vertical. Now, a week later, my body still isn’t doing anything to start labor and I am facing more invasive medical procedures to end this pregnancy. I was just wondering if you or anyone else has any ideas to help in this situation. I would be so grateful. Thanks!

Gil May 10, 2012 at 4:04 am

Dear Annalee,
I am so sorry for your loss and for my delay in reading and responding to your note. I’m assuming you have already obtained help through the painful trial of your misscarriage since I am reading this so much later than anticipated. I hope you and your family are recovering. May God Bless, Kelly

Ana April 13, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Congratulations on your new little blessing! I pray that your show will be a testimony and an inspiration to others. It was by seeing your family and the Duggar family’s’ example that I realized that children are a blessing and decided that I wanted a large family one day, if that’s what the Lord wills for my life. God convicted me about a lot of things through y’all and it encouraged me to get get into His Word to see what He has to say about different things. Your family has so much joy and I look forward to seeing the show when it comes out. And I remember hearing that your family doesn’t believe in interracial marriage, and I’d like to know if that is true or not? But I’d just like to say thank you for your show, and thank you for helping to raise a new generation of people who are walking with the Lord and eager to share the good news of Jesus Christ with others.

Gil May 10, 2012 at 4:13 am

Dear Ana,
Thank you for your encouragement! We believe marriage is a personal decision between the couple and the Lord. Every decision should be made based on what God’s will and plan for your life is… Love, Kelly

Linda Ann April 13, 2012 at 5:02 pm

Hi Kelly ,How is Jeb doing today he so cute. When in june Your new show starts will every season. How is Zack And Sara.

rebecca April 14, 2012 at 2:05 am

Hay Bates family from Maryville tennessee enjoyed the show watched it on march 13th havvve had many problems with my 26 year old son he has been on oxcycotin and injecting that but found a ray of hope in a place called chads hope in manchester ky he has been there since jan 2012 hasd gained over 15 ilbs and has accepted Christ have been going once a month when we can see for visis now mind yuhe isn’t there because of jail that would have been the n option but he is therer because Jesus opened this up for our family he had lost his job wife one yr old son car and everything when I go to see him since january I passs the lake city exit that’s where yu live isn’t it pray for Ross at Chads Hope

Gil May 4, 2012 at 8:15 pm

Dear Rebecca,
I’m so happy to hear your son Ross has accepted Christ as his Savior. It is a frightening thing to see the damage drug usage does. I’m thankful he is also recovering physically. God Bless, Kelly

Diane and Vaughn Parmer April 14, 2012 at 11:37 pm

Hi dear Bate family….I wrote before….I loved your first episode but miss continued ones until I went on line and you said it will be this summer. I love the Duggers and usually they are on Tuesday night but they haven’t been on either. It is so uplifting to see how much in love you are and with every child that is born. Thank you for being the light that shines in this World to all of us. Diane Parmer

Gil May 2, 2012 at 9:38 pm

Dear Diane,
I don’t believe the shows will air until August, but I’m not totally sure. Love, Kelly

Deanna Robbins April 17, 2012 at 1:36 pm

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Bates
Oh thank-you a million time thank-you!! I prayed for more Christian tv, specifically y’all. Everytime y’all are on 19 Kids we get so excited to see you. I used your tv special as an opportunity to share the gospel with someone. You were my example of God caring for His children. Mrs. Bates you and Mrs. Duggar are such great role models, you teach me everytime I watch y’all. You are sowing some great seeds and I very much appreciate you and have prayed for your family. 8 episodes woo hoo, you made my day. Mr. Bates of course I’ve learned from you and Mr. Duggar too. Be blessed and thank-you again. Deanna Robbins

Rebekah Shashaguay April 19, 2013 at 9:21 pm

Hi y’all! I am disappointed that I never got to see any of your shows,seeing as how we do not have t.v.,I only watch 19 Kids and Counting via internet,but was not able to find any videos of United Bates of America…. :-( Is it true that you are not currently going to film any more seasons? Sincerely, Rebekah S.

Kelly April 30, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Dear Rebekah,
I’m not sure, but someone told us you can get the shows through iTunes?…I’m sorry I’m not computer savvy. No, we’re not currently doing any filming… but staying very busy, lol! God bless, Kelly