LESSONS OF LIFE

by Kelly on February 26, 2012

09960005As our children grow up, we often face challenges – little lessons of life that have to be learned in order to experience true contentment.

One child might be concerned that another is faster, smarter, skinnier, prettier, more popular, more talented, more successful, etc.… We try to explain that God makes everyone different and has a special purpose in mind for each person. Which means each child will look different, have a different vocation, a different ministry, a different income, a different family size, a different amount of popularity or success, different hardships, etc.

Our job is to just accept His plan! When we yield to His will, we can become c09960001ontent with who we are and why we are different.

We explain 2 Corinthians 10:12 teaches us that comparing ourselves is not wise. As long as our eyes are on ourselves, our circumstances, or others, we will not be able to focus on God and His purpose for our life. Looking at these other distractions can cause us to become envious, discouraged, bitter, judgmental, boastful, or worse!

On the contrary, when we rest in God’s plan for our lives, we can experience the joy of saying as Timothy said in 2 Timothy 1:12, “For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.”

When we accept His plan, we won’t have to criticize the successes of others. We won’t have to brag to boost our own ego. We won’t have to “keep up with the Jon09960012eses” to experience fulfillment.  We won’t have to compare or despair! We won’t become bitter; we’ll become better!

One of the greatest lessons we can learn in life is to simply TRUST God. We often focus on and fret over the details of our circumstances, schedules, abilities, relationships, looks, finances, etc.… while forgetting the most important lesson we can learn:

HE is in control and is ABLE to meet our TRUE needs!

09960018

Brenda H. February 26, 2012 at 1:16 pm

Thank you for this beautful reminder Kelly. As the mom of 6 it is something I have struggled to teach my children. Even for myself I have to stop looking at what my friends have and being envious, so this reminder is not just for my children but for myself. I am going to spend this Lent praying to the Lord to take the envy from my heart and to remember to trust in His plan for my family and myself!Thanks agaim Kelly. Could you please keep me in your prayers?
I hope Jeb is doing well and the pictures of the girls are beautiful.
God Bless!
Brenda H.

Annette February 26, 2012 at 2:13 pm

Kelly

What a WONDERFUL post! It is such a good reminder to all to make peace from within. Acceptance seems to be one of the hardest things for people nowadays and you have reminded others why they should look inward first and find it! Have a lovely day!

Elizabeth Miles February 26, 2012 at 3:15 pm

Love the pictures!

Kyra February 26, 2012 at 4:44 pm

Thank you, very encouraging Kelly : )

Beverley February 26, 2012 at 6:21 pm

You’re amazing Kelly!

Love Bev

Jolene (Homespun Heritage) February 26, 2012 at 6:30 pm

That very much spoke to my heart. We’re in the process of bringing home two blessings from China and we are waiting on the Lord’s perfect timing. While it has been a long wait and, likely, a bit longer of a wait, I can take to heart the words you are sharing. Resting in the Lord is easier than fighting against Him!

Kate February 26, 2012 at 6:37 pm

This is such a lovely post! Being a mixed-race teenager at the moment I have insecurtites about my race etc. and it’s lovely to have this reminder that God made us who we are for a reason. Thank you for your beautiful words. Also, I love the pictures! They are such beautiful girls. [:

Gil February 27, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Dear Kate,
There are no inferior races… God doesn’t make “junk” (one bumper sticker said). You are special. Different colors make the world more beautiful! Don’t be ashamed of the way you were made. God chose your parents, your nationality, your gender, and other unchangeables in your life all for a reason! Love, Kelly

Jessica K February 26, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Thank you for this wonderful, encouraging post. Its something we all need to be reminded of.

Michelle February 26, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Yes, Kelly,
A really lovely, inspiring post. Made me feel much better about myself and my life when I read it. Great photos of the kids too,
Michelle

Beanie February 26, 2012 at 9:16 pm

Cool post! :D Mrs. Kelly, please tell Alyssa that it was so great to get her response to the letter I sent her. I now have a new Fuji camera; payment for raking my sister’s yard! :) (and her yard must be at least 1/2 an acre!) Praying for ya’ll! :D

Jennifer February 26, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Thank you for the awesome reminder that God is in charge and that we must keep ours eyes on Him. Thank you for sharing these awesome pictures of your beautiful daughters. My sister and I are 8 years apart so to say the least we wasn’t very good friends. We are closer now than ever. God has brought us together through His word. Thank you again for sharing.

Kathe February 26, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Thank you so much for this post! I really needed it at this point in my life.

Sarah February 26, 2012 at 11:40 pm

Beautiful pictures!!!! Wonderful post!!!! God made each and every one of us special, and we should be content because we are the way HE made us!

Franicia White February 27, 2012 at 1:14 am

This was beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing this information. It is very timely and I was just wondering the other day how you handle bitterness or squashing attitudes of ungratefulness in your children.

We have been going through bitterness sermons that have been very helpful and learning from others, especially mothers like you, has been very fruitful.

We have been trying to go through Scripture and focusing on what Godly thoughts we should have and try to create an atmosphere of gratefulness.

Thank you for your pearls of wisdom! :-)

Franicia

Dave and Kristy Edmisten February 27, 2012 at 2:01 am

Very well said; thank you for sharing this much-needed reminder!

Mary McDavitt February 27, 2012 at 2:04 am

Hi there Kelly,

I’m wanting to start home schooling my children, I have 9 (Joel 7, Luke 6, Mathew 6, Elijah 5, Peter 4, David 3, Esther 17 months and Elisha 4months Adam 4months) but my hubby doesn’t want me to pull the older children out of public school. Since being at school they are very different boys. My oldest boy is a lot more demanding and a lot more moody, his attitude has somewhat changed from his sweet self and I’ve tried many things but his excuses are always “well we’re allowed to do this at school” or “But my friend ______ does it” or “I hate rules” Will it be detrimental and make matters worse if I pulled them out and started to homeschool?

Gil May 11, 2012 at 4:17 am

Dear Mary McDavitt,
Children can be greatly influenced by negative peer pressure, however, home schooling is not a 100% cure all for bad attitudes. Home schooled children can also have bad attitudes. It does help when children are away from negative influences, but the most important factor is giving them a purpose and desire for rejecting bad attitudes… that purpose would be Christ! Our children are homeschooled and are consistently reminded to try to honor Christ in their lives, yet we as parents still have to help steer them toward the goal of honoring Christ because we all have failures. Homeschooling is rewarding and creates a greater atmosphere for family harmony and for teaching character values, however, it would be a difficult task to undertake if you and your husband are not in agreement. Have you considered attending a home school conference together first? In the mean time, a good church can assist you in helping guide attitudes and in giving a purpose for having right attitudes. Another thing that has helped our family tremendously is the Basic Seminar (Available through Embassy University). Love, Kelly

Elizabeth H. February 27, 2012 at 2:32 am

Excellent, excellent, excellent post!!! Thank you for blessing me today. :)

grace February 27, 2012 at 3:25 am

Wow, the pictures are beautiful. Such sweet girls!

Carlin looks so much like Erin!

How does she curl her hair? Hot iron? sponge rollers?

Gil February 27, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Dear Grace,
Thanks so much! Carlin used sponge rollers. Love, Kelly

Kaci February 27, 2012 at 5:59 am

Thank you for the uplifting reminders of how to live life in a way that is pleasing to the Lord! What Bible resources do you use to teach your younger children Biblical truths?

Jolene February 27, 2012 at 8:18 am

Thank you, Kelly! Such a good reminder for all of our ages… for our little girls and for ourselves!

Allison February 27, 2012 at 1:33 pm

This is great! Our Church just finished up a series called “The Comparison Trap” which reminds us of all the principles you outlined! Check out their website if you get a chance – you can watch the series online!
Hope all is well and that Baby Jeb is happy and healthy!
Allison

Tina February 27, 2012 at 2:45 pm

VERY good post! Thanks so much for these encouraging words. I needed this reminder. ;)

Amanda February 27, 2012 at 4:50 pm

Thank you for your post! We have been dealing with this lately, and I plan to share this with my daughter (who has been struggling in this area) later today.

Veronica February 27, 2012 at 6:33 pm

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! I REALLY needed this reminder today…well today and for the past year. I am going to mark those scripture verses down and frequently read them to remind myself.

God Bless you and your beautiful family!

Ps. I wish you all had a show on like the Dugger show. :)

Pam February 27, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Thank you, Kelly! Well said!

Kelly February 27, 2012 at 7:04 pm

Thank you for this wonderful reminder, it’s just what I needed today! :)

Lauren Sharpe February 27, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Thank you so much for posting this! Absolutely beautiful and true. Love the pictures of the girls. They are beautiful and I love their outfits. Thank you again for posting this. It helped me to not feel so bad about being different because of my weight, which I am working on so hard to get off everything I gained during my pregnancy with Jacob. It’s just very hard! I sometimes feel like I want to hide because of it. As well as feeling bad because we don’t meet my Grandmother’s “standards” with having a bunch of money like she does. That hurts. But you’re right about not focusing on others and focus on God and fully trust Him!

Lauren Sharpe

Carita February 27, 2012 at 7:47 pm

Dear Kate
I second Kelly’s statement. We have three beautiful grandbabies. Two are white and one is bi-racial(Black and white). The muttado grandbaby is 3 and lives with us full time. You are right Kelly God chooses our unchangeables. God has made Mikaela-Karma wise beyond her years. She shared this with me the other day, “Look mommy, (She runs up and shows me the top side of her hand and says) I am black and(She turns her hand over) I am white. God made me special!” Also when we were driving home she asked, “How did God make me live?” I said, “He breathed life and to you and you were made.” She continues and says. “And God sent me to you, that’s special!” Kate you are fearfully and wonderfully made. We all agree. Kelly’s comments are the best, lets keep our eyes on the Lord and he will deal with the rest. When we are weary he will carry us. Love Always and God Bless! ~Carita~

Glory February 27, 2012 at 7:59 pm

Very good and inspiring and such an encouraging post! I totally agree and I am so thankful for a family like yours who are diligently looking for ways to be a servant of Christ and an encouragement to others for the Lord. The Lord has blessed you all in many abundant ways!

Do any of your children enjoy acting? Whether it is for a church play, a Christian movie or anything that you all might have done maybe in the past or just anything, like a Christmas play for your own family and maybe friends?(I’m just giving examples!)
Thank you so much for your time!
Love in the Lord, Glory

Gil March 6, 2012 at 6:23 am

Dear Glory,
The young ones were in a church Christmas play. The boys make a lot of home made videos. Lawson is working on a movie that he’s hoping to finish in the next 12-18 months. Love, Kelly

Kate February 27, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Thank you for responding to my post, you said some very encouraging things! God Bless [:

god answers prayers February 27, 2012 at 9:33 pm

all your girls are beautiful! i hope they realize that, i am sure they do based on this article. i can’t wait to learn more about your family when your show airs on march 27th! does your family listen to jackie evancho? i do and every time i listen to her it makes me happy. if you don’t know who she is, please look her up. she is an 11 year old opera singer. god bless you!
p.s…….what will your show be called?

Juanita February 28, 2012 at 12:00 am

Thank you for sharing this. It’s very encouraging to me in this time, and probably will be for other changing seasons of life. I have been praying for your family often; not really knowing how, but God knows what I don’t. Yes; you’re right; trusting that God is in control is sometimes all we have to cling to.

Vanessa Abrook February 28, 2012 at 12:39 am

This is exactly the same as the sermon I heard 2 weeks ago,it really is a lesson of life that I wish we could all remember all of the time,I think the world is the way it is today because it seems everyone only looks inward to themselves and greed and selfishness is the result,hence a seemingly uncaring,judgemental world were everybody thinks they are right and have no empathy for others.
Love Vanessa

joy February 28, 2012 at 2:11 am

You know, that is exactly what I needed to hear at this moment. Thank you so much.

Patti February 28, 2012 at 3:40 am

Kelly you are so right…we are all different and our differences make us beautiful in God’s eyes. I also want to thank you for the link you posted just after New Year’s for the bible reading charts. It’s really helping me to stay focused on my reading. I hope others are taking advantage of the charts!

jodie capangpangan February 28, 2012 at 5:14 am

I happen to check your website and saw your post, it was good timing. My husband and I was talking about how hard it is to not be jealous of others that seems like things come easy to them. We work so hard to have what we have and have to keep working hard to keep it. It was like I was suppose to check your updates to be reminded I have everything I need. Thank you Mrs Bates and congratulations on your new baby!
jodie

Denise February 28, 2012 at 1:02 pm

Thank you for always sending encouraging messages.

Andrea February 28, 2012 at 1:26 pm

How very true, especially when struggling with self-image issues that hit us from all aspects of society. Thank you.

Casey February 28, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Inspiring post, and beautiful pictures!! I think we may be having a lesson on 2 Cor 10:12 in our home today :) . Miss you guys!

sonja petersen February 28, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Hey dear Bates!
Yes, God has made us. We are his children. Each one is a blessing. I am happy and proud to be a part of this big family- God’s masterplan.
Greetings to all of you!
Sonja

Kelley February 28, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Dear Kelly and Gil, your gentle reminders always seem to come at the most appropriate times for me! I’m not perfect, and thank the Lord that he recognizes this, because lately I’ve been feeling a bit sorry for myself due to circumstances that have presented themselves in my life recently, and this post put everything back into perspective for me. The hardest part of my new-found Christianity, has been to trust God with every aspect of my life…but I am learning.

Maggie February 28, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Dear Bates Family,

Thank you for your words of encouragement, and willingness to share it with others. After reading your New Year’s post, I quickly came to the decision to read my Bible daily because that is what brings us closer to God. I accepted Christ as my savior at age 11, but it took me several years (around age 17) to realize that the main focus is a relationship with God. I also want to thank you for posting the Bible reading chart. It has been a tremendous help in keeping up with what I have read so far, and I hope to read through the Bible in a year or less. Keep up your wonderful work for God, and I look forward to even more life lessons you will share in the future. My new favorite passage is the parable of the sower. It is something for every believer to keep in their hearts!

stacy February 28, 2012 at 7:38 pm

Thank you for these words…for so long I struggled with my weight for many years. Not for any other reason than I thought everyone else was skinner than me and my self esteem was so low…..finally I asked God to help me with this issue I was suffering through. I was taking all sorts of prescribed diet pills and was so unhealthy. After loosing tons of weight (the wrong way) I noticed I still didn’t feel any better about myself. Then God spoke directly to my heart…he told me that all are his children…all are fearfully and beautifully made! I finally realized that if I give it to God it is no big thing and to carry that burden of low self esteem is “bigger” than the weight I was carrying! Thank you for reminding me that just being me is the best way to be!!!!!!!!!!! GOD BLESS

Hannah February 28, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Mrs. Bates, Could you please tell me the ages and birthdays of Lawson, Nathan, Alyssa, and Tori? I’ve always wondered about them but you’ve never posted! They are 4 great kids!!! :) thank you so much…in advance!

Gil March 6, 2012 at 6:21 am

Dear Hannah,
Lawson is 19. Nathan is 18. Alyssa is 17. Tori is 16. Love, Kelly

Jen February 28, 2012 at 9:18 pm

Thank you for the beautiful words. I also believe that we must not compare ourselves or compare the things we have with others. As a mother to soon 10 children, I know that we get compared a lot to other large families and what they have. We are where God wants us and have what God wants us to have. I am content. God bless and congrats on baby Jeb. I am busy so I am just getting caught up on news!!! Our new is a boy,he’s due in May.

brittani February 28, 2012 at 9:50 pm

my computer is slow to it is not putting the words in so don’t mind the first one, these are nice pictures of Carlin, Josie, Addee and Ellie by seeing them together they got to be buddy’s right so how close are your kids, what I’m trying say is which one is close in age and which ones are playing together the most.

Emma Culverhouse (England) February 28, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Whilst out shopping today, I bought a couple of things that I thought you might appreciate, and when I get my words in order, I will write to you and send them. It’s a small token of my thanks to you for your hand in my walk with God. I know you think you’re just a normal family, but as a new believer you’re absolute faith in God & willingness to see His hand at work in both the good and bad that hastens however life is completely inspirational to me. And so I want to thank you, I only hope it is well received.
With lots of love,
Emma xx

Lady Violet February 29, 2012 at 10:33 am

A hearty YES. Oh, so true
What lovely photographs.
Blessings.
P.s. Congratulations to you all, for the new arrival.

Macy February 29, 2012 at 1:37 pm

Hey Mrs. Bates!
What is your show going to be called? Is your show a regular show that will be airing every week (or month) or so? Or is it just one show that they have videoed of y’all’s family for March 27th?
Thanks!

Gil March 6, 2012 at 6:20 am

Dear Macy,
I’m not sure what the show will be called, but it will be shown on March 13th. Love, Kelly

Carol February 29, 2012 at 5:47 pm

I can also agree with a lot of comments made, you and your family are inspirational to a lot of people out there. Your post made me cry, but in a healthy way. We put our lives under so much pressure, comparing every aspect of our lives against the lives of others. It was such a lovely post to read, it came in perfect timing, just when I really needed a loving reminder of how much God loves me, and there it was. God created us all different for a reason, and we each have our own special gifts to share. I need to learn to lean on Him more and to trust without question, even though I often feel unworthy of his love. Again I give thanks and pray for you and your family and for the good that you are all doing in His name.
May the Lord bless you all.

Carol

David I February 29, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Dear Bates Family,

It appears that you have alot of land around your house, do you keep a garden or chickens to supplement your food needs?

Gil April 6, 2012 at 1:26 am

Dear David,
We have had chickens and a garden, but do not currently have either because of the demands we had for construction of the addition to our house. Love, Kelly

Becky J March 1, 2012 at 12:42 am

Very well said Kelly. Thanks for the encouraging words. Love your family.

Lauren Eichorn March 1, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Thanks for these words… they are such a great reminder. I needed some encouragement today. I am so grateful that you all and the Duggars allow God to work through you to reach people like me. I don’t think I would have heard the Gospel or started a relationship with Christ had I never tuned into 19 Kids and Counting one fateful day about two years ago. I have found The Duggars show and website as well your blog a true blessing. It is great to find examples of what can happen when you follow God’s will, and to find a place where you can see encouraging words. Thank you all so much for sharing your lives and stories with the public so that we may challenged and encouraged in our faith.

Lauren E.

Jessica Lauren March 2, 2012 at 2:56 pm

Thank You so much for that post Mrs. Kelly, I really needed to hear that!!!!!

Mae March 3, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Wonderful post, thank you for these words! Please post soon so that we know you and your family were not harmed by the terrible storms that went through your state. God bless!

Maria Price March 3, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Wow,thank you for such inspiring words -i couldn’t think what to do/give up for lent so opted to bury my head in sand instead! I will make an effort to open and read the bible. I had forgotten how inspirational it is……(from London UK)

Sarah B March 4, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Thank you for your journal posts, they are always inspirational. I turned 20 last month and find myself comparing myself to others I know a lot since everyone seems to be taking such wonderful paths in life and sometimes I feel that I’m not as good as everyone else. I am praying regularly and reading scriptures every single day and they’ve helped immensely. Thank you once again for posting and for bringing important insights to the people who read your blog. Are there any books you recommend for girls my age?

I hope you and your family are doing well and congratulations to you all on your new little boy. What a wonderful blessing.

Many Kind Regards,

Sarah

Gil March 6, 2012 at 6:08 am

Dear Sarah,
I listed some of our favorite missionary books on an earlier post. Missionary stories are such an encouragement because its real people with real struggles and a real heart to please God. Some of or favorite books: Bruchko, Evidence Not Seen, Dam Break In Georgia (Toccoa Falls College), George Mueller’s biography, Lords of the Earth. We enjoy Bible commentary books by John Phillips (They are very easy to understand and very hard to put down!) Love, kelly

Libby March 4, 2012 at 11:47 pm

I love this post so much its great that God made us all so different and that we are special to him in just the same! I am happy that we all are different! I am still wondering what Gods plan for me is! I am glad you have such a close tight nit family! I am praying for your family and hope you are doing well! Please pray for me I am getting my High School degree after dropping out of High School and finding a new church family in a new city and state! I am trying to turn my life around and I have found the Lord thanks to you and your friends The Duggars!
Love
Libby

Gil March 6, 2012 at 6:01 am

Dear Libby,
Keep pressing on and don’t “grow weary in well doing!” Remember the hymn “It Will Be Worth It All” when you feel discouraged! Love, Kelly

Christy March 5, 2012 at 2:54 am

Kelly I came on here to get word to you quickly to ask u to pray and see this… What timing! Please please pray for my family andy dear friends family. Her 2 year old drowned yesterday. We r just so heart broken. I was up all night with her with nothing to say. I tried to encourage in small phrases. We loved him and were close. Please pray Kelly. This family has been through terrible things. The father Is a drug addict and mom had to leave him for the safety of the children. Her second oldest has sever food allergies that leave a terrible rash all over his body 24/7. She know Jesus and knows Gods almighty but feels like He hates her. Pray for the right words for me and those around her. Thank you ! Love u!

Gil March 10, 2012 at 12:40 pm

Dear Christy,
I can’t imagine that heartache! May God give strength and grace to this mom! Love, Kelly

Alexis March 5, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Thank you for the beautiful reminder, it came at the perfect time. Isn’t our God amazing!

Hope all is well at home and a new routine has emerged with Jeb.

Alexis

Alexis March 7, 2012 at 2:34 am

Dear Mrs. Bates,

Thanks for the update on your show airing, will be tuning in!

Any news on Zach and Ms. Reith’s courtship?

Alexis

Hope March 8, 2012 at 5:56 pm

I was just thinking… you need to update and add little jeb to your long list of kids in the “about us” section of your blog!
Looking forwaRD TO YOUR NEXT POST, Hope

Gil March 10, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Dear Hope,
Thank you… I’ll try to figure out how to update that page with Jeb! Love, Kelly

Lynn March 10, 2012 at 1:58 am

Mr. and Mrs. Bates,
Your right, God is in control. We discovered that we have to move out of our house. I prayed for a long time for this to happen. We are moving to Missourri a long 8 hour drive from Indiana. I was so worried about how or where we were gonna live. So I prayed that God would just bless us with a house. I was very specific in this prayer. Next weekend, on March 18, we are moving. God has provided a house for us. The rent is cheap and it is a mile away from the lake. All the furniture is there already, so we do not have to take our furniture. Everything I asked for. It is amazing, God has blessed us! He has provided every thing so far. We just need prayer on moving our animals over to Missouri. We dont have a way of doing that, unless I put them in the uhaul and hope and pray the goats dont eat everything. LOL!!!
I wrote you several months ago about my life changing experience. The Lord has sure amazed me. All the worries for nothing and then one day the answers are there. My children are learning more and more about the Lord and that is good. They are growing and so am I.
I am asking for prayer so we can get moved and settled and find a church that preaches the word. (O by the way, my husband is gonna go to church also. Wow!!!) I do apologize for posting this on your wall. But I dont have your private email, which is okay I really dont need it. This is why you have this website to share with us and to help others by prayer.
Everyone who reads this and you pray and know the Lord, please pray for me and my family.
Your children are so preciouse. Congrats on the new little one. Please put us on the prayer list. I would sure appreciate it. Also, I quite my job in order to make this move, so please pray there is a job there for me and my husband.
Thank you for shareing your life with us. Your family is a blessing!!!
Love ya and God bless ya,
Lynn

Gil March 10, 2012 at 12:37 pm

Dear Lynn,
We will pray about your upcoming move! Thank you for the wonderful testimony! Love, Kelly

Ashley March 10, 2012 at 4:07 am

This may seem like a funny question, but I have wondered about this when seeing your family on tv and now in these beautiful pictures: Do some of your older daughters curl their hair (when not wearing it up)? I wonder because the younger girls have straight hair. I started life with curly hair and now have very straight hair (just as my blonde hair turned brown!), so I was wondering if your girls go in the opposite direction or if the ones with curly hair are doing it on purpose with a perm or rollers for some reason.

Gil March 10, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Dear Ashley,
They like sleeping in sponge rollers for special occassions. Love, Kelly

Maria Price March 10, 2012 at 11:49 pm

I am having a crisis of faith – i don’t know how or why its happen. Have you every had moments like this?

Gil April 6, 2012 at 1:21 am

Dear Maria,
I will pray for God to bring peace. Do you have a pastor you can talk to? Psalms is a great source of encouragement during trying times. If you are struggling with doubts about salvation, talk to your pastor. SM Davis also has some great sermons on doctrine (including salvation). Love, Kelly

Julie March 13, 2012 at 5:21 pm

Thank you so much for posting this. I am pregnant with my first child (first of many, I hope!), and I struggle with worrying about his development. This post is exactly what I needed, and God used it to speak his truth to me.

Kathryn March 19, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Thank You for the encouraging post.How old are Carlin,Josie,Addee and Ellie?
God Blless You All,
Kathryn
P.S.
I enjoyed your TLC special(even though it took me 5 days to find as I do not get cable.)

Lauren Eichorn March 21, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Kathryn,
Where did you find the TLC special?? I would like to see it, but I do not have cable either. Thanks.
Lauren

Teresa March 27, 2012 at 8:19 pm

This blog brought tears to my eyes. I truly needed it for myself as well as my children. Having raised my children to adulthood, a situation arose in which I found myself parenting a baby at the age of 51. He is now seven years old and I am often confused as his grandmother, where as I identify as his mother.
While I know in my heart he is mine and this is what the Lord wanted for both of us, it can be hard if I compare myself and him to others.
Thank you so much.

Becky March 28, 2012 at 3:24 am

Thanks for the post! Very encouraging-struggling with some issues! Trust God He is in Control. Kelly-I loved the show and someone may have asked but interested in your hormone therapy you take to prepare your womb for future babies. I loved what you said about giving that baby the medical care it needs while developing. I am 42 and have had a miscarriage. If the Lord allows I would love another child but I ask the doctor what I need to do and he really does not help much. Thanks for your time and ministry! Looking forward to the summer shows! :-)

Kathryn April 2, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Lauren,
I do not recall the website where i found it.I just googled Bates on TLC and it came up.Sorry I couldnot help you.

Maria Price April 7, 2012 at 8:05 pm

Thank you for taking the time to repsond to me. I will indeed peruse Psalms. I am not sure if i doubt salvation, just confused with regards to religion. However i witness in your family a total belief, this is very encouraging. Thank you