THE RACE IS ON!

by Kelly on January 20, 2012

Campaign activity is at a high as Republican nominees seek support in South Carolina. Part of our family has met the Duggars in SC to help blaze the campaign trail! We are excited to be a part of supporting Senator Rick Santorum as Presidential nominee. Please visit his website (http://www.ricksantorum.com/index.php) to learn more about his goals to help turn our country around! He has already won the Iowa primary and we are praying for strong results in South Carolina as well… Help us put a conservative back in office that will promote Christian family values as well as helping rescue the American economy!  (Photos courtesy of 6720341427_ecd3f5e9a4_zSister-in-law Casey Bates and Duggar Family)

6720343235_b35bbdbb40_z

photo 1photo 36720342149_ea018e88c7_z

photo 36720343691_8646d409a9_z

Sandra January 20, 2012 at 7:53 pm

Awesome!! Although I live in California now, I grew up in Pennsylvania and have to say Sen. Santorum is with out a doubt the best Republican candidate. I’m so glad to see your family and the Duggars supporting him. I have no doubt it can only help.

God Bless

Sandra

Carol January 20, 2012 at 7:54 pm

How refreshing and uplifting to see that you have politicians who have Christian family values in America, and are proud to step up and admit to it. We could do with some here in Britain where we seem to have lost our way and I find this so sad and demoralising. My faith is my rock, it has carried me through some tough times so I pray that the Lord will provide us with the right politicians to carry our countries through the tough times ahead. America at least is heading in the right direction.

Blessings
Carol

Christy January 20, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Very cool!

Sheila January 20, 2012 at 9:24 pm

I agree with Carol,I also live in the UK.
We need a new direction here. I am praying that Rick Santorum wins and that our politicians will have the courage to stand up for family values as well.
I am keeping you all in my prayers as you await the arrival of your new baby.
God bless you all

Alicia January 20, 2012 at 11:48 pm

It is so good to see Santorum stepping forward. I have enjoyed what I have read about him so far and pray God’s hand on this election.

Mary January 21, 2012 at 12:22 am

That’s great! But I thought they said Romney won Iowa???

Gil January 21, 2012 at 4:56 am

Dear Mary,
They announced that at first, but it was confirmed and announced later that Santorum won Iowa. Love, Kelly

Tonya January 21, 2012 at 3:14 am

What I’ve read about him he does sound really good, I look forward to seeing more of him too!! His values sound great! I was wondering after reading that you and your friend Mrs.Duggar have had miscarriages lately if either of you have the RH- type blood and if that had anything to do with it? I know you’re do it about two to four weeks and I’ll be praying for health for you and your baby!!! Can’t wait to hear what name you all have picked out!!!!

Gil January 21, 2012 at 4:54 am

Dear Tonya,
No, I don’t have to deal with the RH issue, but I have had low progesterone levels during the last few pregnancies. Love, Kelly

Lauren January 21, 2012 at 6:16 am

That is great and wonderful both your family and the Duggars are out helping with his campaign. :) Keep up the great work. Also, thank you so much for your prayers. My leg is completely better today! I know it’s because I had so many people praying for me. Thank you and please tell everyone else I said thank you as well. I do ask for continued prayers for my Granddad. I am very close to him. He and my Grandmother raised me and my brother so he is like my Dad. I love him so much!

Lauren

Stephanie January 21, 2012 at 6:37 am

I really had not heard alot about Santorum until about a month ago. Everything I look up about him online seems contradictory but I don’t really watch TV enough to find out more about him. Could you maybe tell me one or two reasons why you support him?

Thank you and God bless!

Gil January 22, 2012 at 12:34 am

Dear Stephanie,
They have done several excellent shows on him on The Piers Morgan Show on CNN (Here is a link about his position on abortion. http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/politics/2012/01/20/piers-rick-santorum-abortion-gift.cnn&hpt=pm_r1#/video/politics/2012/01/20/piers-rick-santorum-abortion-gift.cnn). His website has some great video clips as well. Rick Santorum is the only conservative candidate running. Through his service in congress and senate he stood true to support Christian and ethical values. Love, Kelly

Emily Raynes January 21, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Thank y’all for coming to SC!! We really wanted to meet up with y’all while you were down here…. Hope to see y’all soon! :)

Mary January 21, 2012 at 2:29 pm

I hadn’t heard that update, but that’s great! Thanks for letting me know, Kelly.
Mary

Elizabeth January 21, 2012 at 6:31 pm

In your opinion, what makes Santorum a good Christian candidate? Curious what your thoughts are.

-Elizabeth

Gil January 22, 2012 at 12:16 am

Dear Elizabeth,
I don’t know about his personal relationship with Christ… but I do know he supports christian values. He wrote the bill that ended partial birth abortion and he is an advocate for family values as well. If you listen to his stands, I think you’ll agree he is the only conservative candidate running. Love, Kelly

Kay W January 21, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Newt Gingrich…Ewwwww, say it isn’t so! He’s not exactly at the forefront of family values. He could use, “Your Cheating Heart” for his theme song.

Gil January 22, 2012 at 12:36 am

Dear Kay,
Our hearts are troubled as well that most of our candidates do not stand for family values or integrity. May God give each of us wisdom in these coming days to make a difference in our nation! Love, Kelly

Chris January 22, 2012 at 12:33 am

Hi Bates family,

I have a couple of questions about your support for Mr. Santorum.
First, on a moral issue: How can you support a candidate that says he thinks it is a wonderful thing that we are killing people in foreign countries without giving them a trial? He appears to be pro-life only for babies, although, I have to wonder how he could justify voting for a bill that included 100 million dollars for Planned Parenthood?

Second, on an issue of the Rule of Law: An honest look at his answers during the debates shows that he doesn’t know, or doesn’t care about the Constitution as our Founders wrote it. How is this good for America?

I have more concerns than this, but this is hardly the place. I have a lot of respect your family, and the Duggars, but I can’t understand how you all can justify supporting this man. Have you heard what Pastor Voddie Baucham has to say about this election? You can read his well though out comments here: http://www.gracefamilybaptist.net/voddie-baucham-ministries/blog/why-ron-paul-2012-01/

Gil January 23, 2012 at 10:13 pm

Dear Chris,
I read the link you sent from Mr.Baucham. Like everything, I agree with some things, but dissagree with many others. All of the choices we’ve made are our OPINIONS. The choices Mr. Baucham has made are his OPINIONS. We’ve both had to form opinions based on imperfect people in an imperfect world. There are many respectable Christians who are making their decisions based on what they feel is the best choice from what they have to work with. I still feel that Santorum is the most conservative and most honest. I think Ron Paul has been wishy washy in his voting on pro-life issues… as well as other concerns I have about his stands. I respect Mr. Baucham’s views just like I respect Focus on the Family and the Duggar’s views for supporting Santorum. I don’t wholeheartedly agree with anyone’s opinions… Instead, I listen to what they say, do my own research, then pray… We support Santorum, but understand that this has been a difficult election for all to make a wise choice about. We will just continue to pray, do what we feel the Lord would have us do, and respect the choices others make as well. Love, Kelly

Rachel Morris January 22, 2012 at 3:10 am

My family and I are homeschoolers in Lexington, SC and we went to Sen. Santorum’s rally at Hudson’s Smokehouse this past week. We were very excited to see that a few Duggars and Bates were also there to support him. We were not able to meet them because of the crowd, but we really enjoyed it. God bless! :)

Kristi January 22, 2012 at 4:58 am

I just LOVE Santorum!!! What a great President he would make! So great that y’all got to be there to help with his rally.

~Kristi

Stephanie January 22, 2012 at 5:28 am

Thank you for the information Kelly! Sorry he did not win tonight.

Maria January 22, 2012 at 5:09 pm

So glad you and the Duggars are supporting Sen. Santorum! He is definitely the right choice for our next president!

Laura January 22, 2012 at 5:29 pm

My husband and I were so discouraged to see the SC audience at the debate giving a standing ovation to Newt over him slamming the moderator. Perhaps the moderator should not have begun the debate that way, but it was not worthy of a standing ovation. We were also quite disappointed in the SC “conservatives” for voting Newt in first place. I am very pleased to see that you and the Duggars are supporting Rick Santorum. While most are counting him out, we are hoping that he will gain momentum in the days and weeks ahead. I really don’t think Newt will get in as most Republicans do not support him. Mitt….
Rick Santorum is the best choice to conservative Christians who are trying their best to vote for the best moral choice.
Kelly, we are praying for you and the baby!
Your family continues to be a blessing to us!
Laura

Tina January 22, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I really believe you all need to look at Ron Paul he will stand up for more of your rights than Mr. Santorum.

Gil January 23, 2012 at 12:51 am

Dear Tina,
We have looked at Ron Paul and have to dissagree. Because he is unwilling to take a stand against abortion or same-sex marriages, much of his followers are from those categories as well as those supporting his desire to legalize drugs. While campaigning, my children were able to see many of these supporters illegally breaking into rallies to throw glitter bombs and yell protests against the more conservative stands of Santorum and his followers. I’ve said before, I wish George Washington were running because it would seem to make the choice easier… but clearly, Christians are not voting for moral values this election unfortunately. I believe to NOT take a stand on an issue IS really taking a stand… and that seems to be Ron Paul’s game plan. Santorum helped write the law under Clinton’s administration that helped end partial birth abortion. He continues to take the absolute strongest stand on this issue. Love, Kelly

Elizabeth January 22, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Thank you for your thoughts Kelly. I will admit I’m extremely worried about supporting Mr. Santorum. I was raised catholic before finding the Truth and becoming a bible believing Christian. From what I read about Mr Santorum and from what know from personal experience with catholicism, I worry that Mr Santorum will continue to be a faithful servant to the vatican and not to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. My husband and I will continue to pray, trusting God to lead us in this matter, just as we have in all areas of our lives.

Blessings to you and your lovely family

Elizabeth

Gil January 23, 2012 at 12:44 am

Dear Elizabeth,
I’m aware that Santorum’s religious affiliation is Catholicism and I do not know if he has a personal relationship with Christ or not… I don’t know if some of the people in the pews at my own Baptist church are truly born again; I can only speak for myself…. But I do know that the stands he is willing to take politically are far more supportive of Christian values and morality than any other candidate. Hey, I wish it was George Washington we were voting on for this election, but I think Americans would even reject him according to some of the dissapointing allegiances that we are seeing in the polls! Clearly, Santorum’s stand for anti-abortion laws and pro-family values lead the pack! Love, Kelly

mom of many January 22, 2012 at 9:36 pm

Rick Santorum voted to fund planned parenthood… if you want real change in this country you need to be looking at Ron Paul. Ron Paul is a Baptist. He is the ONLY evangelical christian left in the race. I am sure you have done your research, but maybe you should look into Santorum’s record a little deeper. Ron Paul wants to give the authority back to the states and if that happens then Roe vs. Wade would be over thrown over night!! I like you guys a lot and respect you all very much, but I just don’t think Santorum is the answer this country needs! Many blessings to you all. (Check out ronpaul.com)

Gil January 23, 2012 at 12:36 am

Dear Mom of Many,
Actually, if you read the articles and watch the debates you’ll discover that everyone agrees that Santorum is the most outspoken against abortion. (http://articles.boston.com/2011-12-21/political-intelligence/30537247_1_gay-marriage-marriage-issue-bob-vander-plaats). Pro-life advocates agree that Ron Paul is the LEAST supportive, not willing to take a federal stand against ANYTHING.( http://articles.boston.com/2011-12-21/political-intelligence/30537247_1_gay-marriage-marriage-issue-bob-vander-plaats). I would be much more concerned about his weak, sit-in-the-corner attitude about addressing ALL of the real moral issues. Ron Paul suggests that his libertarian plan would reverse Roe vs. Wade, but no one else seems to agree with his speculation… especially since his proposals offer absolutely no federal involvement at all. Not only is he unwilling to take a stand in that arena, but he also causes great alarm in his lack of support for Israel. (http://www.njdc.org/blog/post/paul010512). Santorum may not be Baptist, and I cannot state anything about his personal relationship to Christ (nor can I for Ron Paul), but his stands sure seem to align more with Christian and family values than that of Ron Paul, who keeps claiming to have some personal stands but refuses to take any national stands. That’s scary! Love, Kelly

mommyluv January 22, 2012 at 9:55 pm

… did you know Rick Santorum is Catholic??? Some would question if that can even be considered a “true believer”… Ron Paul is a protestant… and believes the scripture as a who, not just what is read by a priest.

Gil January 23, 2012 at 12:56 am

Dear Mommyluv,
I am aware that Santorum is Catholic. I am also aware that he has the MOST conservative stand on every issue that is of concern to Christians. Ron Paul claims to have some of those personal beliefs, but publically admits he would not take a stand for any of them… Instead his whole plan is to let each state decide… without any involvement as president. In that case half of the states might legalize abortion and half may not… Whereas Santorum would address the issue from the federal level and would promote anti-abortion laws in all of the states… rather than holding up his hands and being unwilling to take a stand! love, Kelly

mommyluv January 22, 2012 at 11:39 pm

…just wondering if you have ever checked out ronpaul.com? Ron Paul is an evangelical christian (Baptist, I believe). Santorum voted to fund planned parenthood. Ron Paul wants to give the authority back to the states and when that happens Roe vs. Wade would be thrown out over night!! I would encourage you to look into Ron Paul and the values he holds to. I really like you guys and respect you a lot, but I just don’t think Santorum is right one to bring real change to America. Blessings to you all.

Holly Vander-Adams January 23, 2012 at 12:06 am

Hey there Kelly

I am a 20 year old that looks up to your wonderful children! They’re great role models and they’re such beautiful people inside and out.

You and Gil are AMAZING parents and one day, I hope to raise a beautiful family like yours!

With Love from Australia,
Holly xox

Kate January 23, 2012 at 2:05 am

Hi Mrs Bates,

writing to you from Australia I have a hard time understanding your political system and the lead up to the election. So I dont have an opinion to offer. I am glad to see your children taking an active interest in politics though as this is something we should all be interested in.

On a completly different note I hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well. My husband and I are coming to the US in 5 weeks but we are staying on the west coast.

Many prayers for you and your family
Kate

mommyluv January 23, 2012 at 3:50 am

Ron Paul is not pro gay marriage, pro abortion or anti Israel. He just firmly believes in small government! The federal government does not need all the control that it has. He has defined marriage as being between a man and a woman and strongly opposes abortion, calling it a violent criminal act no different than murder. He is not anti Israel… He knows that this country is trillions of dollars in debt and our tax money does not need to be going to other countries right now. Israel has made it very clear that they are self sufficient and that they do not want us dictating their every move… which we tend to do when we are “helping” other nations. I just want to encourage you to look at the real Ron Paul, not the Ron Paul the media and other candidates want to to see.

Gil January 23, 2012 at 8:53 pm

Dear Mommyluv,
If you’ll look at Ron Paul’s history of voting records, you’ll find that he has voted about 50/50 pro-life. That’s a very mixed message and is worse statistically than most liberals. I would be very nervous to back someone who does a lot of talking, but no backing… Love, Kelly

Stephen January 23, 2012 at 4:37 am

I too am worried about supporting someone who is clearly a faithful servant of the Vatican taking the reins of our Country. This is definitely a matter of prayer.

Aubrey January 23, 2012 at 5:03 am

Hello Kelly,

Congratulations on your beautiful family!I for one am not convinced that Santorum is a strong enough candidate to go against President Obama. I think Newt would be the better choice. We shall see what the outcome will be.

Cheers!

mommyluv January 23, 2012 at 1:32 pm

….I left another comment earlier… must have gotten removed. I just want to encourage people to look at ronpaul.com to see the real ron paul, not just what the media and other candidates want you to see. A lot of the info. against ron paul on this blog is info retrived from the secular media or santorum’s web site. I would say that they could tend to be a little bias??

Mrs. Cliff January 23, 2012 at 2:11 pm

We watched the SC debates and were very impressed with Santorum’s stands and answers. You mentioned in a comment about Paul’s lack of support for Israel and it made us wonder what Santorum’s position with Israel is? Thank you!
A baby update would be wonderful :)! Praying for you and baby :).

Gil January 23, 2012 at 8:48 pm

Dear Mrs. Cliff,
Santorum has taken a very strong stand to support Israel. Love, Kelly

Melanie January 23, 2012 at 3:17 pm

Great information Kelly. I can’t believe Newt won S. Carolina! If he can’t honor the most sacred commitment to a wife then how can we expect that he’ll honor a commitment to this country?

Gil January 23, 2012 at 8:49 pm

Dear Melanie,
Yes, we were sad as well. Gil and I were born in SC and lived there until we were married. We’ve always felt that SC stood for conservative values, so we were greatly dissappointed. Love, Kelly

Mary Johnson January 23, 2012 at 3:33 pm

I wonder how many of you have been in a Catholic Church, or visited a Catholic family. We love The Lord. Our masses are all about Jesus and the Holy Spirit. We have personal relationships with Christ, although we don’t use the same lingo as “born-agains.” We pray before every meal, we read the bible and our kids are in youth groups with wonderful youth ministers. Today my daughter is in Washington marching for the right to life. She left last night and will not get home until 2:00 in the morning. My husband will pick her up in the church parking lot and then she’ll go to school in the morning. If a person wasn’t fulfilled in the Catholic faith and left, that was a personal choice. It has nothing to do with my faith. A strong faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. We are washed clean in his blood and always pray for those who judge us.

Katie January 23, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Kelly, when are you due and how are you feeling? Do you know what you are having? I pray all goes well for you. Do you use progesterone cream or shots? I do the cream and wonder how that will work for pregnancy. I am over 40 and hoping for anothe baby.

Gil January 23, 2012 at 8:46 pm

Dear Katie,
I have used progesterone for the last 3 pregnancies after conception has taken place up to about 26 weeks, then I slowly taper off. My doctor adjusts the amount I take based on my levels, which are determined by a simple blood test. I have used prescription cream, but I prefer capsules from an apothecary (natural form). I have 3 weeks left… and we will be surprised about the gender! Love, Kelly

Maria January 23, 2012 at 4:26 pm

Has your family ever been to the March for Life in Washington DC? Your family would be a great testimony for the Pro Life movement :)

Gil January 23, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Dear Maria,
I would love for us to be able to attend. Love, Kelly

Anna January 23, 2012 at 5:53 pm

Hm, it’s very interesting to follow the Republican candidates… I’m living in France and I would like to ask if you make your choice only on the candidates’ stands on abortion and similar issues. Are you also interested in his stands on the economy…? And I would also like to ask if you believe that a candidate should try to impose his convictions (if they are part of his or her religion) on the whole people. There are a lot of Non-Christians in this case who can’t understand Santorum who refers to the Bible to support his view. The Bible is not an authority for them. It’s not an proper argument for them…

Lots of love from Paris (come and visit it some day, it’s beautiful!)
Anna

Gil January 23, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Dear Anna,
The Christian principles that I am referring to – integrity, honesty, moral justice, pro-life, etc – are qualities that improve any place, and therefore, should not cause offense to anyone. It is the principles that made our nation strong. If you remove honesty, justice, quality of life, and morality, then the nation will soon fall… no matter what your beliefs are. If a man shows integrity and honesty in his private life and family life, he’s much more likely to show it in his public dealings as well…. on the contrary, if a man can’t be trusted… well, he can’t be trusted politically either in my opinion… either he has character or doesn’t. As for economics… certainly, everyone is concerned about that… most promises made in that arena are a lot of hot air and never shows any follow through because the root problems are not addressed. Santorum addresses economic issues, while trying to also look at the root problems. For instance, he gives statistics that show that if a young person pursues his goals in this order: degree, marriage, children… he is far less likely to be financially unstable. But if those are out of order, the statistics of financial need rise drastically…. so, obviously attention needs to be given to teaching youth to make wise decisions as preventive strategy. For me personally, whenever a person votes for economics over morality, they are showing exactly where their heart is! Love, Kelly

Jennifer January 23, 2012 at 6:47 pm

There are many people who do not want to continue to let the federal government have so much control over our lives. By keeping issues at the state level, this can help control the size and power of the federal government. Wanting to keep issues at a state level does not mean you don’t believe in abortion, same-sex marriage, etc., it just means you want to stick closely with the constitution. (I do not believe in either abortion or same-sex marriage, in fact I am strongly opposed to both, but I do not believe giving the federal government the power to decide all issues is the answer either.)

Kay W January 23, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I believe the President should represent all the the people not just Conservative Christians and anti-abortion laws. Rick Santorum has a very limited view point.

Gil January 23, 2012 at 8:30 pm

Dear Kay,
I have to disagree… Our nation was founded on Christian principles… And I believe it is the blessing of the Lord that has kept it thriving for so long… But as we turn our backs on God and His ways and the principles this nation once stood for, we will lose that blessing! Love, Kelly

Jennifer January 23, 2012 at 6:50 pm

It saddens me that several posters have been willing to discount Santorum because he isn’t the “right kind of christian” Catholics are not the only christians who worship differently than you (directed at the posters in question) do. Catholics do, like all christians, seek to love and serve the Lord. I urge you to pray that everyone seek out the truth and let God determine whether another christians worship and service was acceptable to Him. It is one thing to gently correct a brother at your side another to judge from a distance. I do not believe that God approves of the latter.

Kelly, I respect your thoughts but I do disagree with your assessment of Paul. I don’t think that moving things to the states is “not taking a stand” but rather a good way to begin to place greater limits on abortion and hopefully outlaw it entirely. But I understand your point. In an ideal world it would be outlawed at the federal level and Paul is definitely not one who would do that. My fear is that leaving things in the hands of the federal government makes it harder to change things. It seems like it takes a lot more money to get elected to the federal level than to the state level which makes it harder for good, incorruptible candidates to get to that level. Maybe I am too cynical.

Jennifer January 23, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I also wanted to invite everyone reading today to join with christians around the nation in prayer for and end to abortion today. This is the anniversary of Roe v Wade. Some will choose to celebrate today and read more about the decision. May God guide those people to information that will open their eyes to the evil of abortion and soften their hearts towards the unborn victims and their mothers.

Shannon January 23, 2012 at 7:07 pm

You are 100% correct on Ron Paul. I am ashamed that so many large Christian leaders are supporting him just because he is a libertarian and believes states should make up there own minds mind. I’m 100% for Rick Santorum. We pick Rick! We pick Rick!

Brenda H. January 23, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Please for all those who have traveled from all over the country today to Washington, D.C. for the March For Life.And pray that hearts will be changed& those politicans will hear the message-CHOOSE LIFE.

mommyluv January 23, 2012 at 9:42 pm

… i understand were you are coming from… i don’t agree, but understand. blessings to you… and I pray all goes well with the delivery. we are expecting also. i guess that is one of many reasons why we are so concerned about the future of our nation. we too have prayed and weighed the pros and cons and are at peace with our decision to support Ron Paul.

Gil January 23, 2012 at 10:29 pm

Dear Mommyluv,
Thank you for your gracious response. I respect anyone who is able to dissagree while still being considerate and polite. What really matters for all of us is seeking what God wants us to do. Its probably impossible to get two people in a room to agree on everything, but both should be respectful and both should have a clear conscience before God for themselves. I think your attitude is healthy and honorable! Love, Kelly

Ghislaine January 23, 2012 at 9:44 pm

For a government, we should separate the church and the state. Ron Paul has high moral values and you should look at his records. He would give the people more freedom and especially, he is very concerned about the HUGE debts that this country has. We can’t keep going like that. Sooner or later, the country will go bankrupt if we do nothing about sound money. People seems to forget about that. He also encouraged the homeschooling.
He respects people’s choice about their personal values. We can’t control people about their lifestyles but we can pray for our country to rise up and to walk with God for a peaceful life.

Jennifer January 24, 2012 at 1:44 am

Kay,
Anyone can represent the strong and the powerful. A leader who is unwilling to stand against the strongest in order to protect the weakest (the unborn and the elderly) is of no use to any of us.

Anna January 24, 2012 at 9:53 am

thank you very much for your response! I jsut wanted to say that I think it’s great that you respond to all the comments and that you allow a small polite debate! :)
Anna

Elizabeth Kirwan January 24, 2012 at 9:54 am

Hi Kelly
Totally off the subject but are any of your older children in courtship relationships besides Zach at the moment? My youngest child out of 9 is in a courtship relationship with a date set for February 18th. All 9 of my children (Including Joel, my baby) have been married at very young ages, I was never ready for any of them to leave home and am still coming to terms that it will only be my husband and myself home after Joel leaves! They grow up so fast. Would it be hard for you to let go of your children?

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Kapllaj January 24, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Dear Mrs. Bates ,
I hope you and your family are doing well, I’ve been enjoying reading your blogs, I’m so glad to hear someone who is not afraid to support a conservative politician. I’m always impressed on how you handle yourself when responding to a few of the comments posted earlier. You are truly a LADY!! I wish you the best in next weeks to come!!! I too am expecting (due in April with my 5th child) I just wanted to comment I’ve lived in the south for 26 years and I’m a catholic – conservative , with morals, first born generation American, parents were both born in Europe, my grandfather fought the Turks to keep our religion which I’m very proud is Catholicism!! Maybe we all need to stop and think what this country would be like if we did not have certain freedoms!!!
Your friend from Texas

Betty January 24, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Do you know if the you and Duggars will be attending a rally in Ohio? I’m one of eight kid’s and are family is a huge supporter of Rick Santorum and would love to attend a rally. I hope all is well with your family!

Matt January 25, 2012 at 12:34 am

Mike Huckabee would have been a fine president. Santorum is a tad too anonymous and he lacks a bit of charisma, but that shouldn’t prevent him from bringing some honor, sincerity and faith back to USA. After all, it’s not a president’s job to be on magazine covers, but to lead the nation somewhat from behind the scenes, as a humble servant of God and the people. As far as I can tell, Ron Paul is a freemason, which makes his allegiance to that clandestine club a higher priority than his service to USA and God. Even John F Kennedy warned about the secret societies of this world. Please, let’s not make this a political debate forum.

Beverley January 25, 2012 at 2:13 am

Hello Mrs. Bates

I am a Mormon woman and am a fifth generation Latter Day Saint, supporting Rick Santorum. If it came to the crunch would you rather have Mitt or Obama running our country?

Katie January 25, 2012 at 3:11 am

Thank you, Mary Johnson and Jennifer, for your remarks about Catholics. It saddens me that people have such misconceptions about Catholics.
I’ll be praying for you, Kelly. You are such an inspiration to me.

Jessica January 25, 2012 at 6:54 am

Kelly,do you know if Rick Santorum will be doing any campagning in Alaska? I would be very interested to know. I’m trying to learn as much about him as possible…along with other candidates. I am praying that the Lord will show my husband and I who we should support and that He will stir the hearts of His people to be united in His choice for candidate! I am also praying for healing in our land…2Chronicles 7:14. Thank you for sharing your insights on Santorum. The information helps a lot.

God bless you all…and baby :-)
~Jessica

NathaLee January 25, 2012 at 1:53 pm

So happy to see you stand up for what you believe in! Of course, that is what makes our nation so GREAT, we do not have to agree, but we can still show honor and respect! I don’t agree with Santorum as the right choice for President, as I am an Obama supporter. But, I RESPECT your right to support whomever you wish! You have a very very loyal heart and it’s nice to see that! PS…can’t wait for your new baby to arrive!

Melissa January 26, 2012 at 2:20 am

While the Degree, Marriage, family sounds like a great order, I feel so blessed to have been married to my husband for 7 years and have 4 wonderful children all while he is still attending school. I look forward to him receiving his doctorates in about 2 years, however life is still great. He works hard providing for our family and I work hard budgeting our finances so we can live comfortably without being a burden on society even though our income is below the poverty level. On the subject of politics, I believe Santorum, Paul and Romney are all men of high morals. I would be okay with one of these 3, although I feel that Romney would be the most likely to beat Obama. We just need to pray that our governments will realize how important Christian values are and help implement policies that stand for Christian Principles.

Tina C January 26, 2012 at 4:42 pm

As a Bible believing Baptist and life-long voter, I have to say this is the most difficult situation I’ve ever seen! We also support Santorum, but with the media controlling who gets preferential status he has a long road. We have to remember the Lord is working and in control. As to the question by Mary J. I’d answer yes, I HAVE been in a catholic church and I have catholic friends. Many of them love Jesus and many do not understand why we disagree. It is many points but mainly not a “we worship like you do” issue. I have sat through a “mass” etc. I’ve also read The Council of Trent. If anyone wishes to see the real issue Christians have with Catholicism, start with reading that book! Hundreds of curses are wished on all non Catholics! Santorum is catholic but he’s also THE conservative candidate. He alone holds the majority of Christian, family values this country needs. Americans must vote by their faith this election or risk unimaginable losses to freedoms we hold dear and vital. It’s time to unite on this election or we all will be the losers!

Audrey January 26, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Why should it matter that Santorum is Catholic? The Catholic church is pro-life, pro family values, and pro-Israel.

Anthony January 27, 2012 at 4:43 am

That is more than we can say about any other candidate running right now. Although I fully support Santorum for president, when it comes down to the general election, whoever is opposing Obama, that is who I will vote for.

Paul January 27, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Thank you Bates and Duggars for all of your help on the Santourm campaign. God will bless both of your families and we know that if it is God will, Rick Santourm will win the primary. Just remember to keep following God and trusting in him.

Nan January 28, 2012 at 4:18 pm

It sounds like Santorum might be dropping out of the race in Floride and possibly altogether. Are you worried about the path the primary is taking?
On a more positive note, how are Sarah and Zach? Have they set a date yet? What an exciting time for your family. Hope the final days of your pregnancy are going well.
God bless!
Nan

Gil January 29, 2012 at 8:16 pm

Dear Nan,
Actually, a rumor was started that Santorum was dropping out… but he did not say that. In fact, some of our children are still there campaigning. Too bad some candidates will resort to such tactics to try to gain votes. Love, Kelly

Glory January 30, 2012 at 8:32 pm

Hey Mrs. Bates!
After some of your family left South Carolina, campaigning for Rick Santorum, some of the Duggars came down to Florida, and I had the chance to meet Zach, and the Duggars at our church! And my family and I were able to go out to eat with them after church on Sunday morning! (January 22nd) It was a great experience and my family and I enjoyed it very much!
Love, Glory