Jubilee Shalom Duggar

by Kelly on December 13, 2011

_MG_7608

As the Duggar family attends the memorial service of their precious baby Jubilee Shalom, that was born prematurely during Michelle’s second trimester, our prayers are that many will be encouraged by their faith in the Lord through this storm in their life. It was Michelle that was able to offer our family much comfort after our first miscarriage and we now lift their family in prayer, knowing that God will use this occasion for His glory and that He will draw them close to Himself during this sad time.

In Honor of Jubilee

When little ones leave us we seem to think,

Their lives were somehow incomplete ;

Yet, we may not see the role they play

In helping someone else see the way.

Who knows what blessing their life may bring,

Though seemingly such a tragic thing.

For Maybe some lost soul will see

His desperate need of Calvary.

A mom might begin to treasure her role

As she realizes her investment in a soul.

Maybe a dad will spend more time

Making memories versus spending a dime.

Maybe a sibling will stop to pray

Before choosing unkind words to say.

Maybe hurt feeling will begin to mend

To secure their bond with a friend.

Who knows the impact a life can make;

There is a purpose for Heaven’s sake.

So though we hate to say goodbye;

We know that Jesus now holds you nigh!

IMG_8038

Sarah December 13, 2011 at 4:07 pm

Praying for the Duggar Family! Beautiful Poem!

Robin December 13, 2011 at 4:24 pm

You are a very wise women! God has every thing under his loving grace and control and if we humans look past our grief at tragedy we all would see this,hard as it is sometimes.Bless you and your husband,your lovely children and your coming blessing.

Maudie Smith December 13, 2011 at 4:31 pm

Just beautiful. Jim Bob, Michelle and the rest of their family is in our prayers.

In Christ,
Cameron and Maudie Smith

Jessica December 13, 2011 at 4:33 pm

:( Praying for their family.

Janet Kiessling December 13, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Beautiful words! Our thoughts & Prayers go out & up to the whole family!!! Thank you for the update! Blessings – the Kiessling Family

James December 13, 2011 at 5:29 pm

I know that God is with the Duggars and that he will take care of them. We’ve been praying that He would comfort them through this hard time.

Thanks

Erika December 13, 2011 at 5:31 pm

May they find peace, and most importantly, joy in their 19 children.

Scottish Jill December 13, 2011 at 5:53 pm

This is such a kind post. God bless little Jubilee shalom duggar. My thoughts and prayers are with the duggar duggar family at this time.

Donna Mallette December 13, 2011 at 5:59 pm

This is a beautiful poem. How true the words are.

Amanda December 13, 2011 at 6:11 pm

I take comfort in knowing that this is true…My best friend lost her son in her second trimester last year. While she has always been torn between her parents, (her mother is a devout Christian and her father is an atheist). Losing this child and struggling to conveince has brought her closer to the Lord. While I hated to see her suffer, I take comfort in seeing the Lord’s plan in action, for now through fertility treatments she is pregnant with twins. While I was once worried that these babies were going to grow up not knowing the Lord Almighty, I can see that through her trials this last year has brought her and these babies that God has blessed her with to him. I prayed last night with my two little men, that such a miracle would also come out of little Jubliee’s passing.

Karie December 13, 2011 at 6:25 pm

Thank you so much for your continued encouragement! I too have babies in Heaven. I am grateful for your time and loving words to others. You have been a great source of encouragement to me both as a mother and as a sister. =) I am so grateful Michelle has you as her close friend. Thank you for your precious poem. I am truly blessed by it. Thank you for allowing us to learn from you. =) Your family is precious to us. We are praying for your little one and family. Thank you for helping us see the love of Christ in all of life. May God bless you richly as you serve Him. (your family too) =)

Love, Karie

Lisa December 13, 2011 at 6:28 pm

In spite of our differences I had been praying for Michelle and the baby (and for you, too, Kelly and your baby). It’s sad. I hope though that the funeral will not be on tv. I hope they will grieve privately and let their example speak for itself. I am praying for Michelle’s recovery.

Barbara December 13, 2011 at 6:43 pm

What a beautiful poem Kelly, it brought tears to my eyes, such kind words. I’m thinking and praying for the Duggar’s, I’m so very saddened at their precious loss.

Lynn December 13, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Even though we do not always understand God’s plan, we take comfort in knowing that He is in control of everything. My prayers are with the Duggar family as they endure this loss, but I am encouraged by their faith and I know that the Lord will draw them ever so close to Him as they navigate thru these days. God Bless All.

Sarah December 13, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I am lifting the Duggars up in prayer and May the Lord be with them, what a beutiful and true poem Kelly and I also continue to pray for your pregnancy and May the Lord be with you also Love Sarah.

Jerene December 13, 2011 at 7:51 pm

We pray for comfort and peace from our Lord Jesus for the whole Duggar family. I am due the same month Michelle was due with Jubilee. My heart broke for her when I heard the news. I must say that I have a renewed gratefulness for this little life I am carrying. I also pray for a steadfastness for the Duggar family during this time when so many negative things are being said by thousands of people. May God carry them through this time. May we all be thankful for the gifts we have.
Blessings to you,
Jerene

Jenna December 13, 2011 at 7:51 pm

May God watch over the Duggar family during this time of loss. Beautiful words, Mrs. Bates. You continue to inspire me as a mother, as a wife and most importantly as a child of God. Thank you.

Liz December 13, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Although I am a Christian, my views and the Duggar’s views on certain things are very different, but even with vastly different viewpoints, my heart breaks for them. I just gave birth to my 4th child 8 days ago, but I have also suffered the loss of a pregnancy, and I wouldn’t wish that kind of emotional pain on any parent. I have seen a lot of nasty and hateful words aimed at them on message boards and in the comments of news articles, and it disgusts me that people can be so intentionally hurtful. My prayers are with the Duggar family, and I pray that they find peace in their hearts.

Alexis December 13, 2011 at 8:01 pm

My Prayers are with the Duggar’s and my love is with them as well. God is GOOD, it is the hardest thing to remember when things do not go as we wanted or planned but, as your poem states, His wisdom and love is with us and every life has a purpose even if we can not see it.

I will continue to pray for your own safe and healthy pregnancy.

Alexis

Natalie December 13, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Praying that the Lord comforts the Duggars and all who are grieving with them,
Thank you for your encouragement to other families

Christy December 13, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Thank you Kelly. So true. I didn’t know what to think when we lost out baby more than 3 years ago and this has helped me. After 3 years! Thank you. Love u.

Wendy December 13, 2011 at 9:52 pm

Continuing to lift the Duggar family up in my prayers. It’s so awesome to have the hope that Christ gives us that we’ll see our babies in heaven one day. What a beautiful poem. Did you write this? Love to you and your families!!

Gil December 15, 2011 at 9:31 pm

Dear Wendy,
Yes, I wrote the poem after praying for God to somehow help our family be a small ray of encouragement to the Duggars. Love, Kelly

Heather December 13, 2011 at 10:25 pm

Thank you for keeping us all posted about the Duggars. I am keeping them in prayer.
Thanks be to God that your and Michelle’s paths have crossed and that you can lean on each other for support during this hard time.
I too know this loss and my heart aches for the Duggars.
Please be sure to take extra extra good care of yourself.
Blessings,
Heather

Joanna December 13, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I am a Duggar fan who has been following them ever since “14 Children and Pregnant Again” premired. I feel as if they are apart of my family and when I read the news, my heart just broke in two. My prayers are with the Duggars and for Kelly’s health and for a safe and healthy baby. Beautiful, inspiring words for Jubilee Shalom.

Jen December 13, 2011 at 11:51 pm

Thinking and praying for the Duggar’s during this trial.

Amanda Brown December 14, 2011 at 12:02 am

My heart goes out to all the family and close loved ones. I hope they have some comfort in knowing so many people send their love and support. I think my biggest hope is that they continue to be themselves and that people stop judging them so….whether they film it or not I’m sure they will think hard on that and do what they think is best as I can see positives in both sides. I hope in time the grief is a little easier and they find peace in knowing love is around them.

Love Amanda, Australia.

Marnie December 14, 2011 at 1:48 am

All mothers who know the miracle of holding one of God’s precious babies in our arms are hurting for Michelle. Instead, God will cradle Jubilee in His arms and hold her there while Michelle will always hold her in her heart.
Please extend our thoughts and prayers to the Duggars.

And for you and other mommies expecting, continued prayers for the safe keeping of the mothers and children.

Nan December 14, 2011 at 2:05 am

Thank you so much for your post. I found out that I miscarried my first pregnancy just one day after Michelle found out about her loss, so I have been thinking a lot about her and her family at this difficult time. Faith is so important, and I’m learning that more and more each day. I did not grow up with religion in my life and at times like these, it is so clear that those who know God have a kind of peace about them that sees them through. Your poem was comforting to me, and I’m wondering if you can recommend a good passage of scripture that might help me through this difficult time. Please send all my love and prayers to the Duggar family and know that I am thinking about you and your own pregnancy at this moment.
God bless,
Nan

Gil December 15, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Dear Nan,
I’m so sorry about your loss. Read Romans 8:28. I will be praying for God to comfort your heart. Love, Kelly

Allison December 14, 2011 at 2:08 am

Beautiful post. Our family is praying for the Duggar family.

FFC - Families For Christ December 14, 2011 at 2:10 am

Our hearts and condolences goes out to the Duggar family which recently lost a precious baby due to miscarriage we hope that in the coming days they find strength in God enduring promises and in his wonderful love.

FFC – Families For Christ
Daniel;

Carita December 14, 2011 at 2:24 am

My heart breaks for the thought that little Jubilee is not with us ;( but God has such a beautiful angel with Him. God knows all things and He knew her work on earth was done. Grandpa Duggar must be rejoicing to have a Grandchild by his side. :)

Gayle December 14, 2011 at 2:56 am

What a lovely poem to honor baby Jubilee!! The Bates Family & the Duggar Family are an inspiration to us all. I pray for comfort for the Duggars & for a safe & healthy pregnancy & delivery for you .

Denise December 14, 2011 at 3:36 am

what a beautiful poem, please give Michelle and family my condolence. I will continue to pray for their family

Susan December 14, 2011 at 3:42 am

What a beautiful tribute to her life! The Duggars are blessed to have you as their friends! :)

Stacy December 14, 2011 at 4:07 am

I have been praying for JimBob and Michelle since we heard the news. As a mother who has buried her child I feel such sadness for them. I was not a christian when I lost my daughter, and because of her passing, I recieved the Lord as my savior. I always say that the Lord allowed one life to leave to save two other lives. I want to thank you so much for being a christian example for each of us. As mothers we get so wrapped up in teaching, cleaning, and just life in general…but when I get on here I get a new breath of fresh air and God shows me that there is a reason I was put on this earth. To share God’s words and raise my children!! Thank you so much!

Shawnee December 14, 2011 at 4:15 am

My prayers are with the Duggar family during this difficult time. Beautiful poem.

Susy Flor December 14, 2011 at 5:33 am

i recently heard of a Tennessee family who’s house burnt down because they could not afford to pay the fire fighter tax of $75-prepaid and/or they could not pay the on-site charge of $2,000.00 . the peoples house burnt down and they did not pay the on the sight fee for the fire freighters, i was hoping with the goodness of GOD’s heart that Zach and Michaela were not apart of that same fire fighter tax group or are y’all apart of a different community? it was very sad because the fire fighters saw the peoples house burn down. i hope that our GOD prevented this tragedy! LOVE THE DUGGARS AND BATES FAMILY! You all have changed for the betteer life for the

Gil December 15, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Dear Susy Flor,
The fire department that Zach, Michaella, and Nathan work for is strictly volunteer. The department answers every call free of charge and all of the fire fighters give their time for training and service without charge. It has been a wonderful way to minister to the needs of others. I can’t imagine a fire department not being available to offer help. Love, Kelly

Lauren Sharpe December 14, 2011 at 6:43 am

Praying for the Duggar Family. That is such a beautiful poem Kelly!

Patti December 14, 2011 at 6:46 am

This is indeed a very sad time for the Duggar family. I will continue to keep them in my prayers.

Libby December 14, 2011 at 8:38 am

My Prayers are very much with The Duggar’s during this very hard time for them! I am glad we have a God that loves children I think there is a special spot in Heaven for babies that were miscarried or aborted! You will get to see your babies in heaven but it is still sad that this had to happen for both of your families! God never shuts a door without opening another!
I am praying everything is well for your family!
God Bless!
Libby

sheila December 14, 2011 at 11:22 am

What a beautiful poem!
My prayers are with Michelle and Jim-Bob at this sad time and I know God will be giving them strength to get through this.Jubilee is with Jesus and they will see her again in heaven.

sheree gantt December 14, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Thank you for sharing your poem. Beautifully written. This is a hard time on the family..but the Lord is in the midst. Thou from the outside it looks “dark”..but the Lord’s Light is shining just as bright as ever! Prayers to your family too Kelly:)

Michelle December 14, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Children are always a blessing and the Lord uses all of them for His glory…the ones we get to raise for Him here and the ones we won’t get to cuddle until heaven. May the awesome God we serve be glorified and may the Bates and Duggar families be blessed for unwavering obedience to our Lord.

Annie December 14, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Praying for them and this trial in their faith. I am blessed by their consistent trust in our Lord. Thank you for sharing. Continued blessings on you and yours.

sonja petersen December 14, 2011 at 4:52 pm

I’m sure Jubilee will be a beautiful angel in heaven. My prayers and my heart go out for the Duggar family: May your child rest peacefully in God’s hands. In my dreams Jubilee will be the guardian angel for baby Bates.
Love to you,

Sonja from Germany

Jennifer December 14, 2011 at 7:37 pm

May God fill them with strength and peace as His will is done in their lives. God IS good. Their reaction to their child’s death is just as much a prolife message as was Josie’s early delivery. As we all grieve with them (prolife and prochoice alike) we also reflect on the children whose death was intentional and not grieved. That stark contrast, the idea that a child is less of a child when they are not wanted or loved in this world will, I pray, cause more people to reflect on the value they place on life.
I pray for you and the Duggars regularly. I know that by placing yourself in the public eye as a ministry you have also opened yourselves up for trials that allow you to be an example of faith and love. As someone who benefits from your good example, I pray that God’s strength fills you with the courage that you need.

Stephen and Jessica Calder and family December 14, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Our hearts are filled with sorrow for the temporary separation of you and
your family from your precious baby girl. May Our Heavenly Father comfort you until the day you are reunited. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

Laurel December 14, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Hello from AZ!! May I share your beautiful poem with a friend of mine who just lost a baby? Praying for the Duggars and praising the Lord for His goodness even through times of loss.

Laurel

Gil December 15, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Dear Laurel,
You are welcome to use the poem. Love, Kelly

Sheri December 14, 2011 at 9:00 pm

Thank you for sharing that. It was a great encouragment – and such wise words.

Laura December 14, 2011 at 9:35 pm

The baby Jubilee Shalom was a girl or a boy?

Gil December 15, 2011 at 9:15 pm

Dear Laura,
Little Jubilee Duggar was a girl. Love, Kelly

Beanie December 14, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Wow… it’s sad that Ms. Duggar lost her baby. I remember how my 24-year-old sister cried a lot when she miscarried her first baby, Hope. But now she has Jubal, who is a real blessing. Since Jubal, my sister has had another miscarriage; but she and her husband know that it was God’s plan. Praying for the Duggars!

Savannah December 14, 2011 at 11:27 pm

What a beautiful post! Kelly, do you know the author of this poem? Thanks.

Gil December 15, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Dear Savannah,
I wrote it the night we heard the news, then made a few edits the day before the funeral. We wanted to be able to be there in person to give hugs and encouragement, but could not work it out… so I had hoped the words to the poem might somehow offer comfort. Love, Kelly

Donna Norris December 15, 2011 at 1:04 am

Kelly, j
What a wonderful poem to Honor Baby Jubilee Duggar. My heart breaks for this loss for them. A lot of people make comments about so many kids..but I want to tell everyone, cause of knowing you all and the Duggars, it doesn’t matter if it was your first or your twenty first…..that love is as strong as it was with the first one! I admire you and Michelle for your love and all you do. I love you all!! I’m trying to. Your an inspiration to me and I LOVE coming to visit, I hope to be over soon. Give everyone my love and see you all soon. Love and Prayers for Michelle and Jim Bob and for you.

Alice December 15, 2011 at 1:19 am

Thank you for being there for the Duggars and I’m sure they will look to you, and others, and our Savior for comfort. I can’t imagine the pain and loss, but I know they trust they will see little Jubilee again someday. Thank you for being such a good example to them and others. God bless you. P.S. I’m sorry for your loss too. P.S.S. I love little Jubilee’s name.

Brenda H. December 15, 2011 at 2:10 am

What a beautiful poem. My thoughts & prayers are with the entire Duggar family. Jubilee Shalom -an unrepeatable gift from God!
My prayers are with you & your little one too Kelly!
God Bless,
Brenda

L Crawford December 15, 2011 at 2:22 am

I was so sad to hear of the Duggar’s loss. I thought they chose a beautiful and fitting name to honor the memory of the baby.

Children are indeed a blessing from the Lord. I too have suffered through a miscarriage during the early part of my 2nd trimester. Words cannot express the heartfelt pain. I pray that Michelle and her family will feel God’s hand on them at this time and that He will bring them peace.

I pray that you are doing well and that your pregnancy is going smoothly without any complications. I also pray for a quick and easy delivery.

Dusty Cline December 15, 2011 at 4:48 am

My prayers go out to the entire Duggar family. May they find peace and comfort from Almight God during this time of pain.

Samantha December 15, 2011 at 5:32 am

We are all praying for the Duggars here. We are simply broken hearted for them and are praying that the Lord will give them comfort and healing in this time of terrible grief.

The ‘P’ family

Vanessa Abrook December 15, 2011 at 7:06 am

Did you write that poem yourself? It is beautiful,and I just had to read it out to my family.
Love to you,and the Duggars.
Vanessa.

Gil December 15, 2011 at 9:08 pm

Dear Vanessa,
Yes, I wrote the poem because I wanted to somehow convey my sentiments to the Duggars and poetry is such a wonderful avenue to share your heart. Lovre, Kelly

Amy Hallmark December 15, 2011 at 8:11 am

Dear Mrs.Bates and Family,

This poem brought tears to my eyes and I am sure that it will bring much comfort to Mrs. Duggar in the days and weeks to come. Thank You for setting such a wonderful christian example to everyone in the world. The examples set by you and the Duggars are so rare to see on TV these days and it warms my heart. I’m sure you are probably holding your baby bump just a little tighter in light of this loss, but please know that I am praying that the rest of your pregnancy goes well and you have a healthy baby in your arms soon.

May God Bless You and Your Family,
Amy

robyn wilson December 15, 2011 at 12:53 pm

What a beautiful poem! Thank you for sharing! We have been praying for the Duggars & will continue to do so. The life of that sweet little one was not for nothing! We may never know this side of eternity the impact this sweet baby’s life had but to God be the glory!

Sheila December 15, 2011 at 3:57 pm

What a lovely poem. We are praying for the Duggars at this sad time.

Patty Kubicki December 15, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Please give my condolances to the Duggar family. I know how hard it can be as I also have had 2 miscarriages when I was younger. I also lost my 33 year old son a few years ago. He was so full of love, & was a very sincere & involved Christian young man who trusted God through it all.
I love both of your families & pray for all of you on a daily basis.
May God continue to use both your families to the saving of many lost souls & to bring honor & glory to His name.

God bless,
Patty

Jennifer December 16, 2011 at 12:44 am

Lovely poem that is so true. Thank you for sharing this. Praying for The Duggars.

Diane December 16, 2011 at 2:22 am

Kelly, you are stating the Michelle delivered Jubilee prematurely. News reports are stating that she had a miscarriage, which is much different than delivering prematurely, and others are saying she was a stillborn. Which one was it?

Gil December 17, 2011 at 12:19 am

Dear Diane,
All are correct, I suppose… I’m not a doctor, so maybe the medical terms are more specific. I know that the Jubilee’s sweet life ended while in the womb. Her tiny 6 1/4 inch body was delivered without life… so, I’m not sure which term: misscarriage, deliverred, or stillborn is appropriate… but in either case, I think the important thing is that a precious life went to Heaven and a loving family will hold those memories forever, while onlookers will receive much encouragement as a result of the family’s reliance on God for strength and hope! Love, Kelly

Kate December 16, 2011 at 3:53 am

thank you for sharing your poem. it is with a heavy heart that I tell you my sister lost her baby at 24 weeks gestation just 2 days ago. We are devastated this was to be our first nephew/grandchild etc and our family are just beyond words.
We have faith that the Lord knew he wasnt meant for this world but how does that make the pain go away? Why does god send babies here that he only intends on taking away? Please dont take this as me turning from my faith I just was hoping you have some answers for this heartbroken family.

Gil December 17, 2011 at 12:14 am

Dear Kate,
We can’t always see God’s bigger picture of how the puzzle pieces all fit together. Maybe this little ones life will have more of an impact on touching hearts through its death than it could have ever had through life. We must remember that Heaven is a promotion… a better option! So, our sadness is because of the loss we face and we must turn to God for the comfort, healing, and hope that only He can bring. Love, Kelly

Karen December 16, 2011 at 2:30 pm

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of Jubilee. The poem that you wrote for the baby is beautiful. The Duggar family has been so blessed with family and friends like you to help them carry the burden of this great loss. Jubilee is a baby who is loved even though she was #20 and she won’t get the chance to play and get to know her other siblings. There are so many babies in this world who are not loved, cherished or cared for. I will be praying for Jim Bob, Michelle and the family and I hope that God will bless them with another child, even though no one will ever replace precious Jubilee Shalom.

Kathryn December 16, 2011 at 9:42 pm

What a lovely poem!
When are you due?

Gil December 17, 2011 at 12:09 am

Dear Kathryn,
We’re due in 8 1/2 weeks on Valentine’s Day. Love, Kelly

L Crawford December 17, 2011 at 12:29 am

Regarding Susie Flor’s post about the fire departments allowing a home to burn down. Yes I read this in the paper last week. I’m thinking this happened in either Nashville or Memphis. It’s very very sad! I was appalled that anyone would stand and watch while this happened.

Kristy J December 17, 2011 at 7:31 am

I too want to offer my condolences to the Duggar family. Like so many others I feel like they are family through watching them all these years. I also feel that way toward your family. Because of the Duggar family and yours I have come to Christ. My life has completely changed and I always want to thank all of you but feel I can’t really put into words how grateful I am. When I heard the news that they were expecting I was overjoyed just as I was when I read of your most recent pregnancy. I await the births of your children as excitedly as I would a close friend or family member because although we have never met I feel so invested in all of your lives. When I heard of the sad news of little Jubilee’s passing my heart broke. I too have felt the pain of miscarriage. Although I was only 7 weeks along it was so sad. I would never wish it upon anyone. You too know that pain all to well. Now I have a new way of seeing things though. I know we will all see our precious babies some day and I can take comfort in knowing that. I am always amazed at the strength and unwavering faith shown by yourself and Michelle. Thank you both for being such a wonderful encouragement to all of us struggling daily to feel worthy of the God given gift of motherhood. I have 5 children now and feel urged to leave my family size up to the Lord. I am looking for some encouragement in that area however and wonder if you could offer any “advice”. If you ever find the time, and I obviously understand that you most likely will not, could you possibly talk through email in a less public forum? Thank you so much and God bless!
Kristy

Vanessa Abrook December 17, 2011 at 7:56 am

I wanted to let you know that I wrote to you about my journey to the Lord and how difficult it has been,( I don’t Know if you recieved it )But anyway I have been reading my bible and have been learning more everyday,and i think finally I’m actually getting there,i do feel different,and I hope and pray that this is the beginning of my new life.I’m a good person,but I want to be better and I can feel my heart changing.It is with pleasure and thanks I tell you,that you and a few others are helping me on my way.
Much Love
Vanessa

Annique December 18, 2011 at 9:14 pm

I was heartbroken to hear of Michelle’s miscarriage, but I know without doubt that they will cling to the LORD through this trial, just like they did with Josie. I have been praying for Michelle, that God will not only comfort her, but will shield her from the nasty comments that are bound to arise by people who don’t necessarily “approve” of their choice on child-rearing. I for one think they are AMAZING parents; all they children are growing up to be wonderful young men and women who love and serve the LORD. When you speak with Michelle next, please send her my love, and let her know that she is in my prayers. Thank you Kelly and Merry Christmas!
Annique

Ashley December 19, 2011 at 2:14 am

I myself have never lost a child I can only imagine the pain the family is going thru. kelly ur poem is beautiful and id love to share it on a mommy page if u will allow it it may help some mothers there who have lost lil ones. Prayers to the family!

Amy December 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm

My prayers are with you and your family.I pray that God that will give you strength and peace through this hard time.I have two babies that are no longer with me and if it wasn’t for God helping me I wouldn’t of made it sometimes. Your family is a true inspiration and we enjoy watching you.Just remember this is only temporary and we will see those children again.

stacy December 19, 2011 at 9:56 pm

Congrats Vanessa on your new journey and finding our Lord and Savior! Kelly, I was wondering, how do you discipline the children? I have a daughter who is 7 and she is very disobedient and I just don’t know what to do sometimes. There are times she is perfect then others when I could just cry because of her attitude! Thank you so much!
In God’s love,
Stacy

Liz December 20, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Kelly – in regards to whether Jubilee was a miscarriage or stillbirth… at 19 weeks, you really can go either way. Technically, until 20 weeks, it’s considered a miscarriage, but honestly, I feel (as do many other medical professionals) that in the area of 16-20 weeks, it’s kind of a gray area, since at that point, the mom can almost always feel the baby kicking. At 19 weeks, I’d definitely consider it a stillbirth.

No matter what though, it’s a tragedy. :(

April Berry December 21, 2011 at 4:23 am

This is a beautiful tribute to not only little Jubilee, but to all the precious little ones who are now gathered around our King. The Duggar family are in our prayers.

TAMARAH December 21, 2011 at 7:06 am

Oh what a heart wrenching tragedy it is to lose a child. My heart goes out to the dear Duggar family. We welcomed our 5th baby in September. I can’t help getting teary eyed when I look down at his sweet little face…..just keep thinking how sad I am for them. May the Lord bless them with peace and comfort.

I have some information about miscarriage that I want to share with ya’ll. You see, I suffer from Adrenal Fatigue. I had been feeling worse and worse before I became pregnant this last time. I also suffer from Hypothyroidism so I thought it was just that and that my meds for it probably needed adjustment. I didn’t realize just how important Adrenal health is until I found myself pregnant and feeling worse than before. I experienced extreme fatigue. I began researching for vitamins, herbs, anything to help. I found out that the Adrenals produce cortisol and that it is essential for life. I also learned that Mom’s adrenals should produce 40-50% more cortisol during pregnancy. Fatigued Adrenals cannot rise to the call for more, as they are failing to produce enough cortisol for every day life. I discovered that the body will “steal” progesterone from the ovaries and convert it to cortisol. In theory, this is why some women struggle to get pregnant or stay pregnant. The shocking thing is, the body will also “steal” progesterone from the placenta to convert into cortisol for Mama too! Baby relies on the placenta’s progesterone to develop it’s own adrenals and fortify his cortisol. When too much cortisol is robbed from baby, baby dies…Sadly, this is mostly a silent process where Mom might only feel more fatigued than usual (a normal, benign pregnancy symptom). How frightening it was to think of losing baby. Also, at term baby should be producing 200+ mg. of cortisol daily in comparison to a healthy adult’s 40 or so mg. daily! Please understand, Adrenal Fatigue is more common than people realize. Treatment for AF is hard to come by because most doctors don’t recognize it as a real ailment. In medical school they are only taught about Addison’s Disease (complete failure of the Adrenals) and Cushing’s Disease (gross overproduction of cortisol).
If you want to learn more about Adrenal Fatigue in general, I recommend “Adrenal Fatigue: The 21st Century Stress Syndrome” by Dr. James Wilson. Also, “The Safe Uses of Cortisol” by Dr. William McJeffries. The website Stopthethyroidmadness.com also has wonderful information and help via their yahoo adrenal group. A like minded Christian Mom of 7 with full blownn Addison’s has a very informative website too, it’s called Anne’s Health Place. As more related to pregnancy, emedicine has articles on Adrenal Insufficiency and pregnancy.

As for me and my little one, we made it through the pregnancy. I ended up on Hydrocortisone (synthetic yet bioidentical cortisol) 4 times a day throughout the 2cd and 3rd trimesters. I also rested as much as possible, took tons of vitamin c (essential for adrenal health),1 and 3/4 tsps. celtic sea salt daily (the adrenals control electrolyte balance), 1000 mg. magnesium citrate, and a good b-complex. Baby was full term and was 9 and a half pounds and 21 and a half inches long! He seems to be perfectly healthy, praise God! I still have some work to do, as it can take up to 3 years to heal the Adrenal Glands. Thank the Lord for my loving Hubby. He has taken great care of me during these hard times.

I hope you don’t feel bombarded, I really felt compelled to share these things with you. Love and Blessings, Tamarah

Sara December 21, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Liz,

My own personal opinion is that if the heart stops en utero then it’s a miscarriage, but if it happens during birth then it’s a still birth. That being said, I tend to give the term for a miscarriage where the baby is visible to the naked eye upon delivery, a still birth. But I really don’t think we should get wrapped up in wasting our time with terminology. It was a death of a baby and that’s all that matters.

Elsa December 22, 2011 at 4:23 am

I just read this post :( My heart goes out to the Duggar family. I’m sure your poem was a comfort to them, just as it was to us readers. Praying for them.

Also praying for you and baby in these last weeks.

Jordan December 22, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Praying peace and rest for the Duggar Family.

Amanda Powell December 25, 2011 at 1:40 am

I am so sorry about your loss I my self have lost 3 babies but was blessed with two healthy babies. It never goes away. I will pray for u and your family from the Powell family

Maria January 22, 2012 at 5:33 pm

Was Jubilee born?
I was very excited when I heard the news of #20…I almost cried when I heard the other news. Your poem must have been very helpful to the Duggar family in their time of hurting.

Gil January 23, 2012 at 12:52 am

Dear Maria,
Sadly, Jubillee Duggar was still born… Love, Kelly

Amy January 23, 2012 at 12:56 am

Send my prayers to the Duggars.Me and my husband watched courageous lastnight and I noticed there kids in it.I hope they are healing from this and they are leaning on God at this time.

Maria January 23, 2012 at 2:15 am

Oh my…I was a bit confused about that part…I’ll be praying for the family. Thanks

nichole February 2, 2012 at 9:21 pm

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Duggar, My prayers go out to you and your family. I hope the Lord has been with you in your time of need.. I love your family and the Love they have for God and others….

Laura Hall February 8, 2012 at 3:58 am

Dear Bates family,

Would I possibly be able to share your poem if I cite who wrote it? At my 19 week 6 day ob appointment, we found out that our baby had died. We delivered the following day and were able to hold our 6th son, Nathan. He was 4 ounces, 7 1/2 inches long. He was believed to have died around 17 weeks. His umbilical cord was wrapped round his neck and arm so tightly. It was amazing for us to see the miracle that life truly is at that stage of pregnancy. We have had many people tell us that they couldn’t believe how developed he was. I don’t understand why the Lord allowed his death, but I know that his life had a purpose and my prayer is that we will get a glimpse of what that plan was. We made a memorial video in memory of Nathan and would love for you to see it.

Also, Congratulations to you on the birth of your sweet baby. He is absolutely precious! I agree with what someone else wrote above, that I get so excited when we hear good news coming from your family and the Duggars, as if you were family. Both of your families are such an encouragement, and I appreciate your willingness to let us into you lives.

May the Lord Bless you this year!

Laura

Gil February 8, 2012 at 4:48 pm

Dear Laura,
You’re welcome to share the poem… My heart aches for you and your family over your recent loss. How very tiny and yet so perfectly formed… May God give you all grace and comfort during your moments of grieving and may He ill you with the hope of seeing your little fellow again one day in Heaven! Love, Kelly

Shellee February 11, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Hello Mrs. Bates,

I just read your beautiful poem honoring the precious Duggar baby, Jubilee. Would it be ok to copy it and share it with a friend whose baby went on to Gloty during his delivery? It was such a shock to their family. They are believers and I believe it would be a precious comfort to them. Congratulations on the birth of your beautiful baby boy!! We have been blessed with 9 children, 8 boys and one sweet baby girl. Thank you for loving the Lord and for sharing your lovely family with the world.
In Christ,
Shellee

Gil February 17, 2012 at 4:26 am

Dear Shellee,
Feel free to use the poem; I hope it will be a blessing! Love, Kelly

Eileen February 29, 2012 at 10:55 pm

Dear Kelly and Gil, Thank you for being such caring friends to the dear Duggar’s during this troubling time.
Your family and the Duggar family have been my inspiration to return to church to learn more about the love God has for us. You have been a blessing and an encouragement to me. Thank you for sharing you strong faith in God with others. Your ministry is changing lives.

Linda March 1, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Heard your family will be in a special for T.V. to be shown after this seasons finale of the Duggars show. Is this true and if so do you have the date? I am so excited about this and cannot wait to see. I just love your family and have loved every show you have appeared in with the Duggars. I hope someday you also write a book telling your story. Thanks so much for the blog and your answers. Kelly really is encouraging to me and my family.

Gil March 6, 2012 at 6:17 am

Dear Linda,
The TLC show will air on March 13th. It had previously been scheduled for the 27th, but the date has been changed. Thank you for your encouragement. Love, Kelly

annie smith March 8, 2012 at 12:52 am

First congratulations on your newest child!!! Secondly, I am Catholic, and very proud of my faith (most people do not understand Catholicism, therefore put it down or make fun of it) BUT when someone on the board posted that Santorum is Catholic and suprised you were supporting him,,I want to THANK YOU for not judging by saying you are not even sure if people at your own church have a Personal relationship with Jesus…..He is a great candidate,,and from my state of Pa,,so thanks for the positive comments and support

Amy March 17, 2012 at 12:52 am

Congratulations on your new baby!!Loved the episode of you and your family. Your kids are very well behaved and seem like great kids.Do you think you’ll have more? How do manage it all without getting stressed out.I have three and I get overwhelmed sometimes.

Gil March 19, 2012 at 3:09 pm

Dear Amy,
If you’ll write my PO Box and ask for the DVD on one thing a family can’t afford to have, I’ll send it. Love, Kelly

Misty Pray August 29, 2013 at 9:11 pm

Thank you for sharing this, I’d like to copy the poem if you don’t mind. We experienced a second trimester loss just 3 months ago. It brought a pain I never had experienced before and pray to the Lord we never have to again. The beautiful truth in the words of the poem were so soothing to my soul. Thank you again for sharing.

Kelly August 30, 2013 at 1:40 pm

Dear Misty,
I’m glad it was a help…feel free to copy it! Love, Kelly

Paula Robinson September 22, 2013 at 11:19 am

Love watching all about you and the Duggars think you are all so loving and kind and very religious I love that about you all. It has helped me turn back to God thank you all so much. Was very sad to hear about the Duggars baby,lost my son at 24 it’s very heartbreaking.