A CAUSE TO REJOICE!

by Kelly on November 10, 2011

20-counting-rotator2

We are extremely excited about the Duggars wonderful news of the new baby God has graciously formed. So many have been helped by the Duggars example of patience, sacrifice, self-less love, and Christian faith (including us!)

We rejoice with the family and pray earnestly for the safe pregnancy and delivery of their 20th child! We are challenged by their contagious optimistic faith!

May God likewise give each of us the strength, wisdom, and humility to serve Him whole heartedly in various areas of our lives!

Jessa Duggar expressed it well in a recent Today Show interview when she was asked if it was difficult to live under the pressures placed on them to be “perfect, model children”… Her humble response was in essence: “It’s not about us, but about helping others see the love of Christ!”

May God help each of us have this same desire to direct all praise and attention to Him!

duggars

Cynthia Lewis November 10, 2011 at 1:45 pm

Both your family and the Duggar family have been blessings to us and we have never even met either of you all. Thank you for the reflection of Christ that you are.

Maudie Smith November 10, 2011 at 2:02 pm

I’m so excited for them and you guys as well. I know that the Lord has a plan for all of us and this just shows that even more. I definitely understand the criticism they are receiving because my husband and I experience the same thing. We have 6 children all born by c section. We are still allowing the Lord to plan our family even after 6 c sections. I used Dr. Lisa Rogers in Jackson, Tn to have a tubal reversal in December 2008. Since then the Lord has blessed us with 2 babies in 11 months! God has really done a work in our lives. My husband and I have been married 13 years as of this December 11. It’s so refreshing to see couples like the Duggars and you two, who allow the Lord to have control. Yall and the Duggars are great examples to us! (((hugs)))

Maudie Smith

brittani November 10, 2011 at 2:09 pm

just found out on tuesday from family my babysitter’s family that my babysitter grand daughter nicole had her daughter early this moringing her name is Brilynn rae she 7lbs 7oz and she is the 5ht great grand child in my babysitters family so she was born novmber 8,2011.

Laura November 10, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I too am very happy for the Duggars! I hope and pray all goes well during this pregnancy and everyone stays safe and healthy. Good to hear you are doing great as well Kelly! Thanks for all your encouragement.

T Gates November 10, 2011 at 2:34 pm

I am so happy for them as well! They, along with your family, are truley an inspiration! Thank you!

Cassandra November 10, 2011 at 2:35 pm

I believe this is the most amazing news that I have herd in nearly 2 years after Josie Premature birth. I pray to god to let baby number 20 be healthy. God Bless you and the duggar family in both of your up coming births :)

God Bless, Cassandra H

nicola lockhart November 10, 2011 at 2:45 pm

May God bless you all its lovely news that the Duggars are expecting. Because my family and I live in Britain the Duggar show here has only shown us that Josie is just born, Im sure we`ll catch up. Hope your pregnancy is going well. Nicola

Wendy November 10, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Mr. and Mrs. Bates,
I just love reading all of your updates and looking at all the pictures on here of your entire family. What an awesome testimony for Christ!!I’m a stay at home wife/mommy of two precious children. I am SO thankful that the Lord has given my husband and I the opportunity for me to stay home with our children while my husband is in full time ministry. I have been watching the Duggars (and you when you’re on) for a long time and I cry almost every time I watch them. Not because I’m sad, but because your testimonies for Christ are so evident!! I’ve seen the episode where they came to visit you this summer where Zach asked Sarah to court her. What a beautiful example of waiting for the one that the Lord would have for you!! I’m so thankful for them and their love for the Lord and each other as well as your family! We had the opportunity to meet them on their book tour this summer and it was everything I thought it would be! :-) My husband and I don’t have the same views as you or the Duggars about leaving it up to the Lord how many children we have, but we respect you all and just marvel at how everything has worked out for you.(The Lord can change anybody’s heart and I’m open to that!!) The Lord has blessed you more than I’m sure you could have ever imagined!! I pray for you and the Duggars as you are persecuted for your belief and your faith in God. I think it’s so awesome to see you come through the hard times praising God for all that you go through. Our biggest desire for our family, as that we can be a light in this world. For our children would come to Christ. That people would look at us and see Christ shining from us…I see that in you and the Duggar families. I have so many questions, but I fear this is already too long, I will ask you one, though. Does your family ever listen to CCM (Contemporary Christian Music)? My husband and I prefer hymns and the classics, but our church sometimes sings the more modern “worship” songs. What are you opinions about it? We’ve come to the conclusion if they have good theological content and are Biblical, we don’t mind them. It’s the ones where we can’t tell whether or not they are secular or Christian that we have a problem with. The “feel good” songs. I pray this finds you all well and that you’re feeling well with your pregnancy. May God continue to bless your family.

In Christ,
Wendy

Gil November 10, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Dear Wendy,
We, too, prefer the traditional hymns and gospel songs that seem more meaningful. SM Davis has a great sermon message on “Listening to the right kinds of music.” Some of the more contemporary songs focus on sensual sounds and emotions instead of on worshipful and encouraging messages and melosies. Love, Kelly

Amanda November 10, 2011 at 3:02 pm

Both of your families are truly an inspiration to ours. I came to Christ at the age of 26 (I am now 42). I had so much of the *world* in my heart before Christ that the idea of looking upon trusting GOD (faith) for anything was so foreign.

HE did truly change me though and has changed my thoughts to see as HE does. Seeing families like the Duggars and yours (with so much faith in GOD) has taught me so much. Thank you so much for sharing Sweet JESUS with those who don’t know HIM but also to those who do know HIM.

We are very much alone in the area we live in as far as the convictions GOD has laid on our hearts. THE LORD has put families like you though to encourage us in our time of need. HE is so good and ever to be praised.

I am praying that both you and Michelle Duggar have healthy pregnancies. May THE LORD bless and keep your families ;- )

Amanda
Matthew 6:33

Marianne November 10, 2011 at 3:10 pm

What a kind post, what good friends you are to the Duggars! We share in your congratulations to the family, and congrats to your family as well!

The Duggars celebrate life, and I wholeheartedly agree with them on that and my husband and I wish them all the best! We always enjoy watching the Duggar episodes that includes your beautiful family too! Erin’s CD is on my Christmas wish list from my husband! :-)

Momof7 November 10, 2011 at 3:15 pm

God bless the Duggars and congrats to them!

Elizabeth Miles November 10, 2011 at 3:21 pm
K@PC November 10, 2011 at 4:00 pm

It is certainly very exciting. I just pray for a healthy pregnancy for Mrs. Duggar, as well as your own of course. :)

alicia November 10, 2011 at 4:00 pm

We were also so very excited to hear the news and we rejoice in the blessing and miracle God has given them. Both your family and their family have encouraged us with your beautiful examples. Thank you.

Emily S. November 10, 2011 at 4:24 pm

We, too, are so excited for the Duggars! And, praying for a safe and healthy pregnancy as well as a safe delivery for their new little blessing! Won’t it be so like the Lord to give her a perfectly easy and smooth pregnancy this time around!!!! Your family and the Duggars continue to be such a wonderful example and inspiration to all of us! God Bless :-)

L Crawford November 10, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Excited for the new Duggar addition. Praying for an easy pregnancy and delivery for both momma and baby.

robyn wilson November 10, 2011 at 6:20 pm

We too are so excited for them. We appreciate them as a family & the way God has used them to challenge us in our parenting. Cant wait to see how this little one adds to their joy & fun as a family!

Bobbie November 10, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Well said Jessa. If more people focused on our Creator and less on themselves, the world would be a remarakbly different place. I, too, will lift up the Duggars and Michelle up in prayer as she is a example of God’s love, grace and mercy to us. The Bates Family exemplifies God’s grace as well.

Jessica November 10, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Amen!! I was so glad to hear their news of another special blessing!! God is so good!! :)

Patti November 10, 2011 at 7:34 pm

Congratulations to both the Bates and Duggar families on your upcoming new babies!

charity crawford November 10, 2011 at 7:35 pm

yes indeed this is a reason to rejoice these are such Kind loving precious people and we need more like them in the world..Hope everything goes well for her pregnancy and her and the baby both stay healthy and safe…Hope all goes well for your delivery as well Mr. and Mrs bates you all are are a blessing and inspiration yourself.

Jennifer November 10, 2011 at 7:42 pm

I am so thrilled for the Duggars! I had wondered with this last spacing if maybe there wouldn’t be any more but I am happy that is not the case.
As an aside I finally bought the season pass to their program through iTunes (I don’t have television reception) and was able to see the episode where Zach begins his courtship. His interview was very touching and it warmed my heart all over again. Continued prayers for God’s guidance in their relationship.

Tina November 10, 2011 at 8:04 pm

This is great news for them. I PRAY everything goes will.

Lauren November 10, 2011 at 9:28 pm

SO EXCITING!!

Kay S November 10, 2011 at 9:57 pm

So happy for them! Like your family, they are a great example to me of what Christian life can be. And now I have two happy pregnant moms in my prayers!
Seeing this picture and Today show pictures after Josie was born, it is amazing to me how fast children grow. It is something that both you and Michelle have said, but as a non-parent not something I’d ever noticed.

Juanita November 10, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Wow; another blessing of being pregnant together! I’m pleasantly surprised; I thought Josie would be the last……keep on enjoying your families and encouraging each other

Joy November 10, 2011 at 10:20 pm

I am so happy for the Duggars!!

Ashley McKevitt November 10, 2011 at 10:24 pm

When I first heard yesterday (my mom found out before me and showed me), I was actually shocked! I am so praising God for this new little life! God bless you, Bates family!

Lauren Sharpe November 10, 2011 at 10:31 pm

Kelly~
This is wonderful news! Praise the Lord! I am so excited for everyone. Jessa answered the question very well. Your family and the Duggar family are both a huge encouragement to so many people including our family.

Lauren S.

K November 10, 2011 at 10:48 pm

What great news. Michelle is an inspiration. Through her example, I decided to breastfeed my child and was so glad I did. I have taken to heart many of her other tips and ideas for raising children and all have helped us be a better family! I love the show.

Lydia November 10, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Praise God from whom all blessings flow! I am so greatly encouraged and challenged by people like the Duggars…and like you! How I praise God for your example. May God bless your family abundantly through his grace!

Amy November 10, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Haha… the Duggars beat ya’ll in the number of kids… again!
I love both of your families!!

Sarah November 10, 2011 at 11:46 pm

Dear Mrs. Bates,
I wanted to tell you how very happy I am for you and Michelle!! And I am so happy that your pregnancy is going well I pray for #19 evrey night! I had a quick question though I was woundering what you would say to somebody that thinks the Duggars are just having more kids for the money? I strongly do not belive that is the case but as I share this exciting news with others that is the responce I get and I dont know what else to say than its not its there convictions and what they belive in!!!!!
Love and God Bless,
Sarah

Gil November 11, 2011 at 12:56 am

Dear Sarah,
There will always be critics around. The best thing to do is ask what we can learn from the criticism. If the criticism is totally without just cause, realize that the offenders could have made false assumptions based on lack of information or wrong information. We can’t spend all of our time trying to defend ourselves and trying to end criticism. Our best bet is to spend our time wisely by focusing on Christ’s reputation rather than our own…
But to answer your question about the Duggars motives for having children… I would think it would be obvious to a thinker to realize that the expense of children is far greater than any monetary gain. If someone really wanted to have children for financial gain or popularity, I can assure you they picked the wrong means to achieve their goal… The decision to have children began many years ago before reality shows even existed and it has never been a very popular decision. If self-gain was the motive, the family relations would reflect that, as there would be much bitterness and little harmony. I think it is quite apparent that the motive is an unselfish Christ like love for children. Love, Kelly

Lynn November 11, 2011 at 1:25 am

Mrs. Bates,
May the Lord bless you all for your wonderful testimonies. Both your families are like remembering how many children the people had in the Bible. This is so awsome!!
Lord Jesus,
I pray for your hand upon the babies that mrs. Bates is carrying and Mrs. Duggar. Lord I know that these babies are safe in Your Hands. Bless and Keep each family safe. I ask this in Your Name, Jesus Name, amen

Rachel November 11, 2011 at 1:44 am

Kelly, Thanks so much for your response to Sarah about handling the criticism. I am so happy and excited for the Duggars to have another little one on the way, but so many people do not feel the same and are openly harsh towards the situation. It really upset me when someone I considered a friend started condemning them and their decision to let God decide the number of children specifically. I am currently pregnant with our second child, due in 6 weeks, so maybe I am just over-emotional right now, but the reason I got so upset was that my husband and I believe the same things, and I know we will probably lose many friends and gain our own set of critics if God blesses us with a large family. So thank you for those encouraging words and the reminder about what’s truly important. May God continue to bless you and your family and I am praying for your pregnancy!

Kay S November 11, 2011 at 1:48 am

Thank you for your response to Sarah about criticism. I can apply it in my own life. Also your point about family relationships (if the Duggars were having kids for money) is so exactly right and wise. Blessings to you and your family.

Sarah November 11, 2011 at 2:10 am

Thank you so much for your response! I new that was probably the case but some people like my parents belive other wise and I keep saying who are we to judge we dont know them personally and I think thats a big problem in this world people just want to asume stuff and judge people befor they give them a chance and I think that is very sad because I think as long as you think God is smiling down on you than dont let others bother you with things that you know are clearly not true, Because there is only one judge and that is God!!
Sorry for going on and on Love,
Sarah

Sonya November 11, 2011 at 3:33 am

Dear Mrs. Bates, I love your blog and I love your family! I am also so happy for the Duggars – and for you! I can’t wait to meet these precious new additions. I do have a question for you. What would your advice be to someone like myself who would love a large family, but whose husband feels that he would only like two? (His reasoning being that he feels his personality is better matched to a smaller family where he can focus on each child, and that the extra energy that comes along with having a larger family would be hard for him to handle.) ( I love the multi-tasking and all of the activity that comes with a large family – the more the merrier – my husband not so much – just like I love big parties, my husband would prefers smaller gatherings of just one or two other families) Thank you so much for any thoughts! – Sonya

Gil November 11, 2011 at 5:33 am

Dear Sonya,
Strive for oneness in your marriage. If you dissagree, be patient with one another. If God wants to change yours or your husband’s mind about something, He can do so if you keep a loving, honoring spirit towards one another. Share your heart’s desires, your dreams & goals, your convictions & concerns…. but don’t play the Holy Spirit. Don’t nag and don’t try to change people… Give them room to grow. Count your blessings! There’s nothing harder than raising children in a dissagreeable home, so focus on that harmony! If it is a conviction to you, make a loving & wise appeal to your husband. You can say, “I don’t have a peace about such & such, but I don’t want you to feel like I’m pressuring you to make my same choices. We forget that God is bigger than we are sometimes and we try to do His work for Him. He uses people and He will certainly use your wise, sweet, loving responses & appeals. This is why good communication skills is one of the greatest tools any couple can utilize! (Reading together & listening to sermons together is a good way to come to an agreement about certain issues) Love, Kelly

Franicia November 11, 2011 at 6:18 am

Praise the Lord for His precious blessings :-)

In Christ’s love,
Franicia

Sara P November 11, 2011 at 8:03 am

If you or your husband had known there was a 50/50 chance your children could end up with a serious genetic disease would u still have let the Lord doing your family planning. The reason I askz is because this is the reality my husband and I face. My husband has tubular sclerosis which causes seizures and other horrible problems. Our son is perfectly hearthy, but if we were to have another the next child would more than likely have problems. If the genetic threat is not bad enough I myself have polycystic ovaries which can cause infertility and miscarriages. With all of this we are greatful for one child and for us to let the Lord do oir family planning would be in my opinion would be irresponsible. I also wondered what your thought are on the Mississippi personhood law which was voted down. I was upset the measure was on the ballot since the govt should not be involved in family planning choices women and couples make.

Denise November 11, 2011 at 12:58 pm

I was happy to hear about Michelle Duggar. I think that your family and the Duggars have both been a testimony of how God can help us in our lifes. I wish that there were more people like yall here on this earth. I pray that I may be able to become more like both you and Michell in my life. I pray that both you and Michelle have a safe delivery. May God keep and bless both your families.

Diane Sower November 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm

I love the Bates and the Duggars, and wouldn’t miss a show. I raises the level of good entertainment, that’s for sure. I wonder though, if too many people set themselves up as to thinking that everyone should be having this many children. Not all women are cut out for this, mentally, physically, or emotionally. And since in these families the husband is technically the head of the family, is he in tune enough with what’s happening with his wife’s health to know when to either space things out, or call a halt to it? After all, since he’s the head of the family as Christ is the head of the church, would he be willing to make such difficult calls, or, would he simply fall in line with this belief system and watch a perhaps dangerous situation enfold? I’m asking this as a nurse, and as a mother who had physical infirmities that limited my child bearing years.

Sonya November 11, 2011 at 1:44 pm

Dear Mrs. Bates, Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! – Sonya

Jessica November 11, 2011 at 4:40 pm

We are praising the Lord with them. What a courageous family to stand in the fire and share what a blessing children are. I know they are going to be ridiculed by the world, but God definately has His hand on them and it is wonderful!!!

Jessica Argon

Jennifer November 11, 2011 at 5:26 pm

“but don’t play the Holy Spirit.”

Goodness! Those words were like a bolt of lightening to me. May God help me to follow that advice.

Brenda H. November 11, 2011 at 8:24 pm

I just want to add my congratulations & prayers for Michelle Duggar & her precious child! Kelly know I am praying for you & your precious chid too!! Children are truly unrepeatable gifts of God!!
HOw wonderful it is that both of you are expecting at the same time. Thank you for your wonderful insights & sharing. I do learn so much from reading your site. God Bless,
Brenda H.

Patti November 11, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Kelly, you are so right when you said people will not make money by having children! I have to wonder about people who think having more children will increase your income. They must not have any kids or they would realize what a silly thought that is. Maybe they could follow one of us Mom’s around for a day and find out what really goes on?

Heather November 11, 2011 at 9:50 pm

First of all, Happy Birthday to you! I hope you had an amazing birthday. And I am thrilled that things are going smoothly for you and this new bundle of joy.
Second, you look FANTASTIC!! You are glowing and are absolutely beautiful in your photos. Bless your heart!
And finally, I just want to thank you again for being such an inspiration, and a model of strength. My husband Jake and I lost another baby to miscarriage. Like you with your last pregnancy, one day there was a heartbeat, and 3 days later, we learned that God had called another angel home. Overwhelmed with emotion, I had to come back to your page and read your words of inspiration and encouragement. Over and over again, I followed your example and said” Lord, I leave this in your hands, Help me trust your will” But I am struggling with it. Please offer any advice that you may have on bitterness and jealousy. I am struggling with these demons each time I see another pregnant teenager walking down the street or hear of another loving, God fearing couple with infertility issues. All we pray for is to have a child of our own and experience the joy that they bring.
I am counting my blessings and praying for God to have mercy on us again. As well as trying to find comfort in knowing that my babies are with the Lord.
Your are a truly inspirational woman and I would embrace any advice or insight that you can give to us.
Thank you and God Bless you all!!

Erica November 11, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Kelly I really appreciate your response to Sarah. People are gradually finding out that I am pregnant with our 6th child and criticism comes with that unfortunately. It can be discouraging. But, it’s refreshing to see families like you and the Duggars and see how you handle criticism with kindness. Thanks again :)

Jen November 11, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Congratulations to you and Michelle. I am expecting my 10th in May. I know all to well about criticism. We get asked all kinds of curious questions like, “Do they all have the same daddy?, Surely this is a blended family?” My kind answer is a, “No”, and move on. I give it to the Lord and let Him fight the battle of peoples wrong assumptions. I loved what you told the lady about Michelle and handling criticism. That was truly Godly advice, the kind I try to life by everyday. Thank you so much for being a voice for loving families. May you both continue a safe pregnancy and have healthy babies.

In Christ,

Jen (Mommy to 7 girls and 2 boys, I don’t know what the new one is yet)

Leigh November 12, 2011 at 1:54 am

Is Lawson courting? He’s cute!

Gil November 12, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Dear Leigh,
Zach is the only one involved in a courtship. Love, Kelly

Jessica November 12, 2011 at 4:53 am

Sis Kelly,
I just wanted to say thank you for your response to Sara. “We can’t spend all of our time trying to defend ourselves and trying to end criticism. Our best bet is to spend our time wisely by focusing on Christ’s reputation rather than our own…” I have struggled with this so much. My husband and I have the same beliefs as your family on trusting God with how many children we will have, and there are people that just don’t like it. I’ve had so many comments said to me, and gossip spread about us. I cannot stand when people talk about me. I feel like it ruins my testimony when others dislike me and talk bad about me. Especially if they are spreading things that are untrue. I have spent so much of my time trying to “fix” lies that have been told and ugly things that have been said, when really once gossip has been spread it’s impossible to fix it. But it really does hurt me when I hear people talking about me, I have always wanted everyone to like me, but I’m not willing to compromise my standards and some people just don’t like it. It is something I have made a matter of prayer recently, and I really need to work on just praying for the people that talk about us, and letting God handle them, instead of spending so much of my time debating with them, trying to make them like me.

I do have a question for you. I told my sister that if I ever got to meet Mrs Duggar I have one thing that I’d like to talk to her about. But since I’m sure you face the same thing, I would love to know how you handle it. Like I said before, we are trusting the Lord concerning how many children He blesses us with. But so many people don’t understand why we do this, and have hurtful things to say. Some of them are friends and family that I know mean well, but their comments still hurt. I’m sure you’ve heard some of the same comments. I just wonder how you deal with it? I try to be nice and explain that we are just trusting the Lord with every area of our life. But sometimes people don’t take that as an answer. And many people get really irritated when I tell them that we want as many ‘blessings’ as the Lord chooses to give us. We have a 2 year old little girl, and a 1 month old little girl. With our first baby people were thrilled, and with the second one people were happy for us, but soooo many times I’ve heard “Are yall done having kids now?” And every time I just smile and say “No, we would love to have more, we are trusting the Lord to give us the number of children He chooses to bless us with” I’ve gotten some strange looks and have heard so many different comments. I know it’s going to be even harder the next time we have a baby, because people are going to really start to realize that we aren’t kidding about trusting the Lord.

Gil November 12, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Dear Jessica,
When I was a young mom of several children born in a row, I remember having my feelings hurt often by friends and relatives who didn’t neccesarily share our enthusiasm about a large family… Gil would often console me and remind me not to take comments personally. I would be reminded in Bible study to seek to please the Lord, not people. The greatest lesson I learned (and am still learning) was to not become bitter at others’ criticism. Criticism can make us better or bitter… according to how we respond. Realize that when the criticism is coming from friends and family, it is usually because they love us and are concerned about us. Try to look from their perspective. Parents, for instance, might be concerned about your health, your finances, or the outcome of your choices. They might not have much information or enough good examples to give them a peace of mind about the new ideas you are pursuing. Knowing that their motive is love, rather than scorn should help you respond humbly and lovingly. Thank them for their concern, but at the same time, present them with a loving response as to why you feel God has called you to make whatever choices your family has chosen. In the end, the best way to win their respect is through your family’s example. If you raise your children to be respectful, wise, well-mannered, and thoughtful… and if they see harmony in your relationships and they see that you are diligent and productive, then you will have an easier time convincing others of your choices. In other words, “The proof is in the pudding!” Don’t let criticism bend you out of shape or put walls between your relationships… instead, focus on giving glory to God through everything you do! Love, Kelly

Lynn November 12, 2011 at 5:22 am

Dear Bates Family,

I was so excited when I saw the Duggars and their wonderful announcement on TV. Both of Your families are nothing but inspiration to myself and my husband. We love watching how close you all are and how much love each of your families have for one another. Kelly, I continue to pray for your pregnacy and now will also pray for Michelle. GOD bless and may your love for the Lord only make your family stronger!

~Lynn

Kerry November 12, 2011 at 7:55 am

Great news! I am so happy for them! I have found great strength from hearing testimonies from both yours and the Duggar families. I have suffered from polycystic ovary syndrome since I was a teen and always thought that when I did get married that I would not be able to have kids. But god is good and my husband and I welcomed our son in May of this year! One question I do have for you is how do you make time for each other as husband and wife? I find that by the time I put my son down at night that I have little or no energy for my husband. We do go out on dates once or twice a month. What is your secret for staying connected? Thank you in advance.

Gil November 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Dear Kerry,
When our children were little, we tried to make it a priority to have time together each evening after we laid the little ones down for bed time. We try to do little things that mean a lot… We still hold hands (often!) … We talk (a lot!)… We read together… We sit together… We go to sleep at the same time together!! We try to make each other a priority. Make sure you are taking vitamins, getting proper rest and excersize… and make sure your little ones have a bed time. Otherwise, everyone will be exhausted and much of your quality time will be squandered! Love, Kelly

Jamie November 12, 2011 at 1:11 pm

OH we are sooooooooooo happy for both the Bates and Duggars! Your families are a blessings to have met ( although not inperson of course). The LORD has allowed your lives to be such an encouragment to many large families!
We are expecting #9 in July and couldn’t be happier about it! Children are a precious gift from our Creator!

Wendy November 12, 2011 at 2:35 pm

Thanks, Kelly for your suggestion on listening to SM Davis’s sermon. I can’t find it on his website, though. Any suggestions on how to track it down? I’m really interesting in listening to it. I have some other questions that I might send in a personal email at a different time. Thank you for your response. You’re so sweet to take time out of you busy schedule to sit down and answer people’s questions…mine included!! God bless your day.

In Christ,
Wendy

Gil November 12, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Dear Wendy,
Try calling and describing the sermon and ask them to help you locate it. I might have the title a little mixed up in my mind. Love, Kelly

Jen November 12, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Congratulations to the Duggars!

In Christ,
Jen

Hope November 12, 2011 at 10:38 pm

Mrs. Kelly,
Yeah, I am 15 and there are ten kids in my family and I suffer criticism often, but now that people see that all of us kids are well-behaved, and very Godly, they like to be around us. A lot of parents tell my parents that the things that my parents teach me they want to teach their kids.So now my parents are teaching a parenting class and are having a courtship talk next week!
Isn’t God good and amazing?

Emma Culverhouse (England) November 12, 2011 at 11:20 pm

I just wanted to say that I am pleased for Michelle and Jimbob about the new arrival, but also a little worried considering the early arrival of Josie. I will pray for them as I do you, every time I pray. I also wanted to say that I have been blessed by your blog in many ways and I love how you convey how good God is in his many ways. I am a true believer in what Josh Duggar has said on occasion, “God never gives you more than you can handle.” This is why, at the moment, I have one daughter! ;)

Sarah November 13, 2011 at 1:31 am

I wanted to make sure you know that I wasnt trying to be critical in the last post I just simply wanted to know how to answer that question when people told me that when I said the Duggars were expecting #20! Sorry if it came off critical I was just reading others post here and wanted to clarify. I think and share your opinion that each child is a blessing from the Lord!! I also wanted to say that your response to Jessica was great as I have been strugaling with some critisim from others because I am Christian and for my belifs.
Thanks Love,
Sarah

Franicia November 13, 2011 at 9:22 pm

We rejoice with you both for these precious blessings :-) Thank you for sharing this wonderful announcement!

In Christ’s love,
Franicia

Rachel Irene November 13, 2011 at 9:30 pm

This is so exciting! I was shocked when I saw the announcement! God’s b lessings!

Marnie November 14, 2011 at 3:07 am

What joyful news! My prayers are with you and Mrs. Duggar!
I wanted to offer some encouragement to Jessica. I also have two children and pray for more. It is hard to be exposed to the harsh words of others, especially those from whom you seek support. Have faith! My friend Kristen always says “you never regret the children you have, only the ones you don’t.” God has a plan for you as well as for the critics. Take heart! Motherhood is such a difficult job, and I understand how much you want to hear words of support. Look down at your children–all the encouragement you will need will be in their smiling faces and in your husband’s love. This sustains me on the tough days–I will pray as well for you!

Anita November 14, 2011 at 11:52 am

Dear Bates: I greet you with peace of our Lord Jesus Christ, deceandole to remain blessed and prospered in it. I welcome the news that Michelle is pregnant again, children are blessings from God and arrows in their hands, blessed the man who fills his quiver full of them, that this new life that is emerging to develop healthy and come to terms the pregnancy. Kelly and follow your pregnancy?, You get the controls?, I had my last child at age 45, and thank God, was born perfect, but I could not ask for the grace of God is infinite and wonderful, only gives us the peace in times of uncertainty and fear, we are left to trust in Him alone, leave everything in his hands and he will do according to his will, all this time to pray for each other and remain faithful and serving. The world does not understand the way of life of Christian families, question and criticize everything, do not ignore hurtful gossip, because our walk is not to those who walk in the world, our walk in Christ Jesus our Savior . BLESSINGS from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Allison W November 14, 2011 at 1:34 pm

I was overjoyed when I heard the news, then saddened by the hurtful remarks regarding little Josie’s birth. I try to gently remind others that Michelle had the same condition with another early pregnancy and had she not continued to follow Christ we would not be blessed with the wonderful ministry they have created. I cannot tell you how both your and Michelle’s family have changed so much of my views and have taken my hand and led it to Christ, for that I will alway be thankful. I do have a question for you, how would you respond to a women who is open to allowing Christ control of her childbearing but her husband is against it? Thank you so much for everything and may God bless you in the same way that you have greatly blessed me.

Love in Christ,
Allison

Rebecca November 15, 2011 at 1:00 am

I was wondering when your next baby is due? I find your blog very inspiring…

Lynn November 15, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Dear Sweet Kelly,
Thank you for your kind, honest, and heartfelt blogs and posts. I look forward to reading your website each week. I am so touched by your openness to share your love of Christ with the world. I pray extra blessings for your family. I too rejoice with the news of the new babies in your family and the Duggar family. Believe me, many people are being touched by your examples. There will always be criticism, but please continue to shine your light for Him. Those being blessed far out number those that offer negativism.

Love and blessings,
Lynn

Gretchen November 16, 2011 at 11:30 am

Kelly and Gil,
I am glad to hear your pregnancy is going well and the duggars’ too! Do you guys know if it is a boy or a girl or are you going to be surprised? I guess really, you would have everything you need for either. I read a news article about families in the U.S. with lots of children, most of them because they felt like that is what God called them to do. I was curious if any of them other than the Duggars were also your friends, you all were one of the families in it. They are as follows:

Duggar family: 19 children and expecting
Bates family: 18 children and expecting
Happner family: 17 children
Jeub family: 16 children
Arndt family: 14 children

Thanks!

Gil November 17, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Dear Gretchen,
We do not know any of the families on your list except the Duggars. We do know quite a few other large families from churches and home school functions. Love, Kelly

Glory November 16, 2011 at 6:31 pm

Kelly, how are Zach & Sarah doing? Do you believe in having a Christmas tree around Christmas? I have noticed that some do not allow it because of the background of Christmas trees and what people, long ago, used them for, so I was wondering if your family did not celebrate Christmas with Christmas trees. Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question! Love, Glory

Beanie November 18, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Cool dude!! :) I really hope Mrs.Duggar doesn’t have a miscarriage! One of my sisters has had two already, and she’s only in her 20s. It’s real sad. I’ll be praying! :)

Danielle November 18, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I am in the Uk, but love learning about your family, I truly love watching the duggars and yourselves, i feel that both your families give me hope that there are good people out there with positive and loving thoughts and gives me hope that when the time comes and if i have children there may be something to smile about. All my wishes are going to you and Michelle for safe pregnancies and deliveries.

Samantha November 19, 2011 at 7:56 pm

I check your website for updates amost every day. Your family is a great example on how to keep the Lord in your heart. So I wanted to share with you a bedtime prayer for little ones to say before going to sleep everynight.
I GO TO SLEEP
Dear Child Jesus,Dear Child as small as I! In my own way I want to say a little, sweet goodbye.
Dear Child Jesus, My day with You is through. I pray You keep Me safe in sleep and that I dream of You.
Dear Child Jesus, How sweet the dream would be! If in the night the lovely sight of You appeared to me.
Amen

I hope you liked it, My mother learned it when she was eight years old. May God forever bless you and the Duggars and the tiny babies both of you are carrying.

Kay W November 20, 2011 at 5:49 am

As for me, I am apprehensively happy for the Duggars and hope things go well with Michelle’s pregnancy. After watching tiny Josie struggle to live, and with Michelle near death herself…well, I’m hoping for a much, much better outcome this time.

On another note, does everyone know that Priscilla Keller, Anna Duggar’s older sister, is engaged? Here is the website for that awesome occasion. ‘David Loves Priscilla | David and Priscilla’s wedding website | David Loves Priscilla’ It sounds as if the entire country is invited to the wedding and wouldn’t it be wonderful to attend? I am so happy for that sweet girl and her beau. Since the Duggars are sure to be invited, maybe the TLC cameras will be there.

Gil November 22, 2011 at 9:30 pm

Dear Kay,
Both David and Priscilla are wonderful Christian examples! Priscilla has been active in her father’s prison ministry for years and is dedicated to helping others come to know the love of Christ. She absolutely glows! David has been a leader in the ATI homeschool group for years. He has been involved in his family’s ministry on the mission field. He has an incredible testimony of how God brought their family through a tremendous trial when David’s older brother died. Although it is a heart wrenching story, the faith and harmony of this family shines far and wide! I can’t think of two more dedicated and godly young people and our prayers are with them both during these exciting days! Love, Kelly

Jessica November 21, 2011 at 12:35 am

Thank you Kelly! It’s something I’m constantly working on, and praying about. I appreciate your advice. :)

Jackie November 21, 2011 at 5:54 pm

Wow, two kids and she is only in her twenties? I hope she slows down.

Victoria November 21, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Dear Bates Family,

I hope you are all doing great. There hasn’t been an update for quite some time now and I hope that this isn’t a bad sign and only means that you are enjoying time together and have your hands full with Thanksgiving preparations.

Best wishes,
Victoria

Gil November 22, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Dear Victoria,
Yes, we’re fine… the delay is due to BUSY lives… trying to organize, clean, homeschool, work, and show hospitality! Thank you for your patience. I’ll probably slow down to only one post per week to ensure that priorities get taken care of! Love, Kelly

Brenda H. November 21, 2011 at 10:33 pm

I just wanted to wish the Bates Family A Happy & Blessed Thanksgiving! God Bless,
Brenda H

Tracy November 22, 2011 at 3:33 am

I am so happy for you and Michelle. Praise God your pregnancy is going well. I pray Michelle’s will go well too.
I just found out today that I am expecting our 14th blessing. The Lord is so good!

John Follman November 22, 2011 at 12:14 pm

Yay, Duggars! And thank you for your inspiration too… :)

Nan November 23, 2011 at 2:49 am

That is so exciting for Priscilla! I know Susanna is engaged as well. Kelly, do you speak to the Kellers frequently? They must be thrilled to have two weddings coming up! How are they doing??

Gil November 23, 2011 at 5:16 am

Deqar Nan,
Mr. Keller occassionally calls with some encouraging words, but we do not get to talk often. Sometimes he’ll drop a few of his tracts or his books in the mail for us to pass out to others (He has some excellent resources). I was not aware of Sussana’s engagement. Love, Kelly

Beanie November 23, 2011 at 7:23 pm

Are you guys coming to Florida anytime?

Libby November 25, 2011 at 1:31 am

I am so happy for both of your families!You have such well behaved kids Kelly and Gil and so does your friends Jim Bob and Michelle and both families seem to have so much more fun without TV. I just hope for healthy babies for you and Michelle both! I love how your house turned out it is so cool. How are you doing?

Kathryn December 6, 2011 at 10:06 pm

God is great, is’ant he?
How far along are you wwith Baby 19?How is your pregancy going?

stacy December 8, 2011 at 10:42 pm

God bless the Diggers during this time of loss :(

Stef December 8, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Hello Kelly!

You’ve probably learned by now the sad news re: the Duggars…Michelle will most likely need your spiritual help,a friendly shoulder to cry on as you’ve been through a miscarriage a few months ago.

I’m not a religious person at all but I enjoy watching their show and reading your family blog. Your lifestyle is so different from mine!

I’m sending positive thoughts both to Michelle and to you as well Kelly so that you’ll be able to console her.

Much blessings,

Stef

Sara December 8, 2011 at 10:51 pm

I am heartbroken to hear of the Duggars’ loss… especially so late in her pregnancy. My prayers are with them… and you as I know you will be praying with them. Please take care of yourself though Kelly. None of us want your sorrow to hurt your own baby. Renew our spirits and give us a reason to rejoice in Feb.

Robbie December 8, 2011 at 11:22 pm

So sad to hear the news of Michelle Duggar’s miscarriage. It’s especially heartbreaking this far into a pregnancy. Kelly, how is your pregnancy going? You would know just the right words to say to Michelle, having gone through this yourself. Hopefully, you’re doing well, yourself.

Rebecca December 12, 2011 at 6:38 pm

I was much grieved to learn of the passing of the Duggars daughter, Jubilee Shalom. God grant them strength.

Regina December 12, 2011 at 7:31 pm

In light of what has happened, maybe this post should be removed. I so sorry for their loss.

Jennifer December 13, 2011 at 3:05 am

My prayers go out to the Duggars and baby Jubilee. I lost and delivered my son 17 weeks into pregnancy, so I am familiar with the pain and grief that will follow the loss of Jubilee. (((hugs)) and prayers to all.

Sara December 18, 2011 at 10:41 pm

To Regina,

I do not think that the post should be removed (Although it is Gil & Kelly’s decision). Does the fact that the child died erase the joy we felt for them? No. In fact, it is that joy that we all felt that will help the Duggars get through this time.

Sara December 18, 2011 at 10:42 pm

Stef,

I pray one day you find the joy and hope that both the Duggar and Bates families, as well as myself, have found in Christ Jesus your Savior.

Maria January 22, 2012 at 5:37 pm