It Will Be Worth It All

by Kelly on June 15, 2011

Our pastor preached a great sermon entitled “Heaven Will Be Worth It All”…

One of his texts, Galatians 6:9 says,

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”

He read a poem by an anonymous author called

“Dream Big: A Living Faith”

I’ve dreamed many dreams that never came true.

I’ve seen them vanish at dawn;

But I’ve realized enough of my dreams, thank God,

To make me want to dream on…

I’ve prayed many prayers when no answer came,

Though I waited patient and long;

But answers have come to enough of my prayers

To make me keep praying on.

I’ve trusted many a friend that failed,

And left me to weep alone;

But I’ve found enough of my friend true blue,

To make me keep trusting on.

I’ve sown many seed that fell by the way

For the birds to feed upon,

But I’ve held enough golden sheaves in my hands

To make me keep sowing on.

I’ve drained the cup of disappointment and pain,

And gone many days without song;

But I’ve sipped enough nectar from the roses of life

To make me want to live on.36

Remember whatever trial you may be facing, with God as your Savior and guide, you can find strength and comfort in Him!

Whenever it seems that God is not answering our prayers just as we suppose He should, its often because we see our life from our tiny little perspective, while He sees the entire canvas of our life … the finished product… Thus, He who formed us and knows our greatest needs can ultimately make wiser plans to direct us around stumbling blocks.

Those little annoyances of life that we view as painful trials might be the vaccines that bring slight discomfort in order to produce greater protection from future harms. They might be the glue that binds us closer to our Lord in the long run!

Reva June 15, 2011 at 11:07 am

Very true! That was a beautiful poem. :)

Heidi June 15, 2011 at 12:22 pm

You have no idea how much I needed to hear these words today. Thank you.

Chad June 15, 2011 at 12:41 pm

Thanks for sharing!…this was really encouraging. =)

Jenna June 15, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Thank you for this encouragement. Its been more than a year since my husband was laid off work and though this is truly a trial of life, we know God is preparing us for something huge. I agree with what you said, its taking the time to step out of our bubble and realize the big picture that God has planned for us! God Bless you!
Jenna
Orlando, FL

Melissa June 15, 2011 at 1:33 pm

What a fantastic post! Thank You for reminding me – how easy we really do get caught up in our “little life moments”..
I wish I could remember who it was so I could give them credit, but what you said reminded me of an awesome picture.. Our life is like a piece of tapestry – we are always looking at the back side of it with all of the threads (of life) going in each and every direction not making sense, meanwhile God is looking at the other side and is guiding our life to make it a beautiful picture in the end.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Laura June 15, 2011 at 1:34 pm

Your so Wise kelly, you should write a book or something cause every single word you say is inspirational

Beth Miles June 15, 2011 at 2:01 pm

AMEN! That is beautiful. What a wonderful way to start the day, by reading that. If we would just stop & think about what a wonderful God we serve. That whatever the situation, he see’s the beginng & the end. Brings me to Proverbs 3:5&6. Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him,and he shall direct thy paths. We read this but do we really trust him with all our heart? Makes you stop & think. Thanks Kelly.

Ana June 15, 2011 at 2:24 pm

Querida hermana Kelly: te escribo desde Buenos Aires y te saludo con la paz de nuestro Señor. Estoy de acuerdo contigo cuando hablas de las piedras que tenemos en el camino de la vida, las cargas y luchas que llevamos sobre nuestras espaldas, pero la palabra dice que de todas ellas te librarà el señor. Dios es fiel, siempre està ahì, el no nos deja, a veces creemos que no nos escucha, no inclina su oido a nuestro favor, pero el està atento a todas nuestras suplicas, solo que èl tiene su tiempo y su manera, el darà en su momento lo que es mejor para nosotros, el tiempo de Dios no es nuestro tiempo, solo debemos esperar y velar, orar sin cesar y èl abrirà las ventanas de los cielos para que abunde su gracia. Nuesto salvador Jesucristo dice: venid a mì todos los que esten cargados y afligidos, que yò los harè descansar, amen a su palabra. Kelly debemos orar los unos por los otros, en todo tiempo y lugar. Yo deseo que mi ministerio de acoger huerfanos crezca màs, pero soy conciente de que solo eso depende de nuestro padre celestial, solo resta esperar en èl. Que Dios bendiga tu familia y puedas contestarme pronto mi correo. Bendiciones.

Dave and Kristy Edmisten June 15, 2011 at 4:39 pm

My husband, Dave, just wrote something similar to this same subject last night in his Faith Takers blog: http://justopenthebook.com/count-your-blessings/

Staying focused and stayed-fast on God and His Word is so important daily! So many people turn to Him during tough times or attend church on Sunday and that’s the extent…daily is the key…He’s desiring our hearts daily.

Mrs. Starks June 15, 2011 at 5:22 pm

I really appreciate this post. It was so encouraging to me!

Emma Culverhouse (England) June 15, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Mrs.Bates,

Once again I have found your post thought provoking & almost like you & God are talking directly to me. You truly are blessing to all of us & I am starting to believe in just having faith!! thanks again x

nicola lockhart June 15, 2011 at 5:43 pm

what a fab poem Ive copied this onto my computer and will share it with friends thankyou nicola

Pam June 15, 2011 at 7:08 pm

You have perfect timing for me in sharing that beautiful poem and reminding me how God sees our prayers. I deeply appreciate your words of encouragement and direction. Thank you:)

Tina C June 15, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Our pastor preached on this Sunday and I felt the Lord’s hand directing the message directly to me (and I so needed it too!) but now I check in and He is speaking to me again! Again, I have been in intense prayer and He speaks to me! Thank you Kelly for being sensitive to the Lord’s nudge and posting as He leads! As you see here, so many people are being touched! Don’t we serve such an amazing God?!!

Cynthia C. June 15, 2011 at 10:41 pm

Thanks for the encouragment!

Denise June 15, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Thank you for this story, I needed it so bad today, because I feel sometimes like God has forsaken me and my children. I know that If I keep praying and have faith that God will bless us and answer my prayers. I love your site and it helps me stay afloat in this crazy world. My God bless you and your family for give me hope.

Lynn June 16, 2011 at 7:16 pm

Thank you so much for the encouraging words!! They are definately words to live by!! Also, congratulations to your friend’s Josh and Anna on the arrival of their baby boy. I am sure your family can’t wait for another visit with the Duggar’s to share the joy of their newest BLESSING!! As always, GOD BLESS!!

Karen Herbert June 16, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Thank you for this post! I have been struggling with morning sickness, and feeling weary of caring for my children and keeping up with just the minimum. This is so encouraging to me-I will be rereading this a lot I’m sure. Thank you, Kelly!

Selina June 17, 2011 at 11:34 am

Thank you. I needed the encouragement this morning. :)

Tammy June 17, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Thank you for this post it is very true, I needed it!!

Anonymous June 19, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Hey Bates!!! Gil, happy Father’s Day!!!! I hope you’re filled with love today as you rejoice being a father to 18 children. The Lord has abundantely blessed you and your wife.
When are all your children’s birthdays?

Love in the Lord to your family…

Sarah June 19, 2011 at 5:17 pm

I wanted to wish Gil a VERY HAPPY FATHERS DAY! God Bless, Love Sarah!

brittani June 19, 2011 at 9:55 pm

i just wanted to say to gil bates happy father’s day, and one thing to say my babysitter’s grand daugher is going to have her second child in nov and she is going to find out at end of this month and i hope it is a girl. mr. and mrs. bates tell me what you think it will be. she already has a girl.

Gil June 20, 2011 at 3:54 am

Dear Brittani,
I’m never good at guessing my own baby genders, but we do all enjoy making a game at it… so I’ll guess a boy just to add some competition to your guess! Love, Kelly

aria June 20, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I can´t tell you how much I needed to read the wise words that you just shared. Thank you and blessings to you and your family.

Kay Walter June 20, 2011 at 11:46 pm

I always knew which I was having since I only had morning sickness when pregnant with girls! Don’t ask, I have no explanation. This was way before the days of sonograms.

brittani June 21, 2011 at 7:07 pm

dear mrs. bates when is your family going to be in michigan

Jennifer June 22, 2011 at 12:24 am

Oh what a great day to come read these updates. I love the vaccine comparison as well as the back of the tapestry that Melissa mentions. I have a dear friend feeling discouraged in her faith who I will be passing this along to!

Keita July 27, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this amazing word

Cassandra January 18, 2012 at 1:41 pm

Dear Mrs. Bates,
I know that I am reading this much, much later then when you wrote it, but I wanted to thank you for the post. The past 2 years for my family has been very difficult and the only way we have made it through is because of God’s loving provision and for the prayers of many people. My dad has had 5 heart attacks, the last resulting in a 1/4 of his heart becoming dead tissue and no longer functioning. By the grace of God, on New Year’s eve, we celebrated his 50th birthday. As I am writing this, I have 5 close family members in the hospital/nursing home, some ready to go home and be with Jesus. On Sunday, I found myself at wits end…not knowing which way was up, but then I found myself looking at the reason why I was feeling this way. I was focusing on myself and how I was feeling. I needed to change my perspective and view the situation on how God might get the glory. I want to thank you for the testimony that you and your family live consistently. You all are an encouragement and a blessing to so many. May God bless you all!

Annalee February 28, 2013 at 1:49 am