Nashville Homeschool Conference

by Kelly on June 9, 2011

Batespics%2520%25283%2529

We always enjoy the opportunity to be refreshed with good advice and teaching for strengthening family relationships and relationships with the Lord. The ATI Batespics%2520%252814%2529homeschool conference is something we all anticipate for these wonderful opportunities, plus opportunities for fellowship with other families. The conferences are held in Big Sandy, TX; Nashville, TN; Indianapolis, IN; and Sacramento, CA.

(Photos courtesy of Chad Paine)

Batespics%2520%25282%2529Batespics%2520%252812%2529Batespics%2520%252811%2529Batespics%2520%252817%2529Batespics%2520%252819%2529

Batespics

Debbie June 9, 2011 at 12:54 pm

Even though we did not get to meet you personally, your willingness to share at the conference was a great encouragement to us. Erin’s awesome piano playing was also a motivator for my oldest daughter!

Thank you!

Gil June 10, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Dear Debbie,
I’m sorry we didn’t get to meet, but hope the Lord allows another opportunity! Love, Kelly

Amanda June 9, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Love those violins! Looks like you were all greatly blessed!

Have a great day in THE LORD!

Amanda
Matthew 6:33

Tina Clabo June 9, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Kelly, we have at least three families who would SO like to get involved but are financially unable to pay for IBLP Conferences. Are there ever scholarships available; how do we look into this for them? Thanks for any info. I LOVE this picture of the children around the dinner table too! So cute! Thanks again.

Gil June 10, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Dear Tina,
Yes there are scholarships… Thanks to the generosity of others… Many have benefited from their outreach (including us!)… Love, Kelly

Miera June 9, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Looks like you had fun!:-)

Hannah June 9, 2011 at 10:31 pm

dI love to see your family performing music together with friends. It must really uplift the spirits of those around you. I wonder how much of a challenge it was and is to keep that focus and dedication on music lessons. It must be moments like this, performing and encouraging others, when all that perseverence on the part of the parents and children pays off!

Love Hannah

Gil June 10, 2011 at 8:14 pm

Dear Hannah,
Music has always been important to us because we felt like it gave opportunity for ministry and wise use of time. Some of them enjoyed lessons and practice more than others! Some wouldn’t stop playing, while some begged to stop… but ALL are grateful now (as well as mom & dad!) Love, Kelly

Pam Merrell June 9, 2011 at 11:04 pm

I was wondering are you able to upload any of Mr. Bates Preaching? I would be interested in hearing him.

Gil June 10, 2011 at 8:11 pm

Dear Pam,
I don’t know how to do that, but you can probably contact ATI to get a copy of last year’s or this year’s message. http://ati.iblp.org/ati/contact/
If I can figure out how to add video clips, I’ll try to post a sermon. Love, Kelly

Ana June 9, 2011 at 11:19 pm

Dear Brother Bates: I’m writing from Buenos Aires, who are wanting to enjoy the blessings our Heavenly Father, how beautiful it is when brothers gather to hear the word that brings salvation, Christian families who honor the name of our savior Jesus. I am writing to share with you our wedding anniversary because 33 years ago today that we are happily married to my loving husband and faithful servant of the Lord. We have been blessed with a large family and we welcome the ministry of orphans in our home. Over the years we have seen the mighty hand on our family and we all love him. On some occasions my husband preaches in church where we gather, and the brothers feel blessed by what God offers through his instrument. Hermanos times are tough and there are many dangers, we must pray, stand firm and fight against the enemy, who never rests. But we have the certainty that the coming of our savior Jesus is coming, everything that happens on earth are portents of this event, come as a thief in the night leading his faithful wife, so we must be vigilant and pray. It is our hope as Christians that we are all brothers in the rapture. Desiring to answer the mail soon we salute with the Lord’s peace. BLESSINGS.

Daniel June 9, 2011 at 11:36 pm

Nice Picture surely I would someday love to visit the ATI conference and enjoy fellowship with other families.

Miera June 10, 2011 at 12:58 am

Looks like you had fun:-)

amber landers June 10, 2011 at 2:04 am

Looks like you all had a great time! Glad that you made it home and all is doing well! Once again thank you for your post we love to know what is going on with you all.

Melissa June 10, 2011 at 12:08 pm

It sounds like Nashville was just as fantastic as Big Sandy. We were at Big Sandy and you were all such a blessing – especially for my husband. He really enjoyed hearing your husband speak and then getting to talk with him afterward.
Just out of curiosity, are each of the conferences the same (speakers,topics and all)? Or do they add different things for each conference? – As you can tell, this is our first year with ATI..:)

Melissa

Gil June 10, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Dear Melissa,
They are pretty much the same, but are offered at different locations to make travelling easier. Love, Kelly

Emma Culverhouse (England) June 14, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Hi Mrs.Bates, I love reading your updates as your family life is soo different from mine, I am a single mother of one daughter. I have a question that I have been wondering about, does your family listen to or sing any of the more modern/pop style hymns? Also are any of your older children interested in getting married yet? I am really looking forward to your posts on the bible and help for those of us who are just starting on their journey with Christ xx

Gil June 15, 2011 at 6:01 am

Dear Emma,
No, we try to listen to more traditional styles of hymns and music because the focus of much of the modern music is on the emotions and on the beat of the music instead of on the message and spirit of the song. As for marriage, I know I’m anxiously awaiting to see what God has in store for their lives. Look up some of Pastor SM Davis’s sermons for growth in the Christian life! God Bless, Kelly

Tammy June 15, 2011 at 2:17 am

Kelly or Gil, I would like to know if you could tell me when the next ATI meeting is held in indianapolis and how much it is to get in to the home schooling conference. I have two little girls that I am thinking about home schooling this coming year. Just moved from Illinois to Indiana I am very tired please keep my family in your prayers. Thank you!

Emma Culverhouse (England) June 15, 2011 at 8:52 am

Thank you for your speedy reply Kelly xx I will try & look up those sermons, I have been reading the daily devotional at bible.com & have found them uncanny,the messages really are about what I am feeling in my life right now. What I am struggling with is the idea that if I just believe in God & the bible all my problems will go away, I very sceptical, any advice?

Fern June 20, 2011 at 6:47 am

Another special post.. I really enjoyed the photos and the blessings you shared. Thank you!

p.s. Does Alyssa play the viola??? I couldn’t help noticing… if she does that is super fun, because I do too, and I’m her age ;)

Gil June 21, 2011 at 8:48 pm

Dear Fern,
Alyssa plays the piano & violin. She wants to also learn the mandolin. Love, Kelly

Ruthie June 27, 2011 at 9:53 pm

I wish that TLC had a show called about your family!! I love watching the Duggars and I love when you and your family are on the shows!!! How did your meeting with the governer go in Guatemala? I wish Zach the best in his courtship with Sarah!!!!!

Gil June 28, 2011 at 5:43 am

Dear Ruthie,
The meeting with the leaders went well… At first, it seemed like the doors were closing because the person they were supposed to meet with flew out on a last minute political meeting with Pres. OBama. However, God redirected the plans and allowed them to meet with others that seemed to have a heart to listen. The country needs much prayer… Poverty is so great and political change & organization is slow! Much love, Kelly

Amanda August 24, 2011 at 4:47 am

I am so greatful to be able to keep up with you all this way. I have been wanting to attend Big Sandy for 3 yrs now. That is how long I have been homeschooling I have a dd-10 ds-6 possible asperger and DS 3. Praying for more. I am so amazed at all your family has done and they do it together without yelling. I would love to here how you have made this possible and what type of schooling you use. Thank you so much for your time. In His Strength.

Mandi