A MOUNTAIN-TOP EXPERIENCE

by Kelly on June 5, 2011

IMG_4535

We recently hiked The Alum Cove Bluff Trail to Mount LaConte (Carlin’s birthday request).

We had the added joy of the Paine family joining us for this great adventure!

Nothing compares to getting still and quiet and taking in the beauty God has surrounded us with!

But a close secoIMG_4691nd would be the sweet fellowship of Christian friends who love the Lord and strive to magnify Him in their lives.

We are thankful for this time to celebrate a birthday, God’s creation, and precious friendships!

(All photographs coIMG_4619urtesy of Chad Paine… We were missing our little photographer Alyssa who was in Missouri)

IMG_4702IMG_4712IMG_4848

IMG_4420IMG_4418

Kay Walter June 5, 2011 at 3:00 am

Beautiful scenery! Callie is just so cute, she holds a special place in my heart! Chad Paine is a pretty good photographer, too.
God Bless you all. Kay

Tammy June 5, 2011 at 3:12 am

Beutiful pictures!! I love the outdoors. Beutiful family also:)

Sam June 5, 2011 at 9:53 am

Looks like a beautiful place!

Annette June 5, 2011 at 12:50 pm

What beautiful country!!! You must feel blessed to live in such a lovely place!

Courtney June 6, 2011 at 1:07 am

Looks like you had a wonderful time. Happy Birthday Carlin!

Gil June 6, 2011 at 1:36 am

Dear Courtney,
Thanks! Her birthday was actually in April, but we kept having to postpone her hike. Memorial Day weekend turned out to be a beautiful time for it, and having friends join us made it extra special for all of us! Love, Kelly

Kate June 6, 2011 at 6:51 am

Wow what a beautiful place! These photos are nothing like what I thought Tennessee would look like. I hope your family had a wonderful time. Nothing beats a walk out in nature with family and friends!

Tina Clabo June 6, 2011 at 6:08 pm

It was a beautiful Memorial weekend! We were up there with our church at Metcalf Bottoms for baptisms and a picnic! Your pictures are amazing too. Did you hike up there Kelly? If so, you’re a better woman than I am! hahaha!! Keep the pictures coming; I am loving the fact I can keep up with the children after all these years!

Gil June 6, 2011 at 6:54 pm

Dear Tina,
I tried as hard as I could, but I lagged WAY behind and was definitely feeling my age!! Love, Kelly

brittani June 6, 2011 at 7:44 pm

at least your family and carlin had fun

Jessica June 6, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Beautiful, looks like a fun outing! :)

Thomas Paine June 6, 2011 at 8:34 pm

hmmm… a life memory! ;)

lizie June 7, 2011 at 12:56 am

Hey! Great post!!! Looks like a lot of fun=) Did u know that pleasentview Baptist in SC is having a meeting this week?!?! We hope u can join in on it;) Tomorrow there is a preacher ummm… Bro.Lee Davis from georgetown baptist in Leicester NC. He is a great preacher heard him on a website. Be great fun 4 ur family 2 go. Ours can not make it:( Just a thought!;)

Chad June 7, 2011 at 1:48 am

This is true! =)The hike was a memory for sure. =)

Ana June 7, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Dear Brother Bates: I write as I watch the immeasurable creation of our God father. Everywhere you look, everywhere we see his hand and cry oh God creator big are your wonders, praise èl.Pero creation was mostly created us to us in His image and likeness, he has done everything for us through his Son Jesus Christ our Savior, so that we are heirs together with Him who gave their lives to forgive our sins and give us eternal life, love your palabra.Estamos grateful to God for the blessings we receive, because he will have the window of heaven so that grace may abound and abound, even though we see nothing that he is attentive to our pleas, he never leaves us, is always with us. Continue to live through His Word, keeping His commandments, praising Him with praises of gratitude, take his word to those in need and give them hope of salvation. We hope that soon we answer our mail. BLESSINGS.

Nate June 7, 2011 at 11:55 pm

This was an INCREDIBLE time I will never forget for sure!!! :D

sara( italy) June 8, 2011 at 1:23 pm

What a wonderful view!But your hills are nothing compared to our Dolomites…just kidding :)
I live between two mountains called Schlern and Rosengarten, the second one is famous for turning red completely in the evening.If you want to see some pictures of them please visit me on my blog: http://my-blog-com.blogspot.com/

Rudy Tecat June 8, 2011 at 8:27 pm

Looks like you all are pretty high up there on the mountain. I haven’t been that high in years.

kimberly June 10, 2011 at 8:03 am

That is a stunning picture of Carlin! Did big sis take it?

Gil June 10, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Kimberly,
Oops! I replied earlier without looking at the photo you referred to… It was actually taken by Chad Paine. Alyssa forgot to carry her camera on the hike! Thanks! Love, Kelly