Upcoming Meetings

by Kelly on May 26, 2011

mail[1]26

May 29 –     New Testament Baptist Church (Pastor Samples)

Maynardville, TN

10 am Sunday School – Nathan Bates

11 am Worship Service – Gil Bates

June 2 –     Nashville ATI Homeschool Conference

Cornerstone Church

Madison, TN

2 pm – Gil Bates

June 19 –   Southside Baptist Church (Pastor Billy Seats)

Yadkinville, NC

11 am Worship Service – Gil Bates

6 pm Worship Service – Gil Bates

July 24-29 – Chester Park

Camden, MI

Sept. 5 –    10th Annual “Turning the Heart Celebration”

Bontrager Farm  in Kalona, Iowa

Kay Walter May 26, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Wow, Kelly, sounds like a busy summer that you will surely enjoy!

Mrs. Brown May 26, 2011 at 6:08 pm

I’m glad to see that you’ll traveling this summer. I wish you all were coming my way. You’ve been such an inspiration to me and I would LOVE to meet you!

brittani May 26, 2011 at 8:37 pm

i live in michigan but iam near where your family is going

brittani May 26, 2011 at 8:38 pm

and it looks like your family be in michigan on my birthday is july 24th

Denise May 26, 2011 at 11:57 pm

Thanks so much for posting your very busy schedule. Looks like we will go to our home church on Sunday morning, then see you Sunday evening in Yadkinville on Father’s Day. I am so looking forward to the message and getting to meet all of you. As always, praying for your safe travels.

Ana May 27, 2011 at 12:08 am

Dear Brother Bates: I’m writing from Buenos Aires, Argentina, I read the programming they have for their next meetings, and notice that they will have a pretty hectic day, thank God I can take the word of salvation to others in different places and to bring new souls to the Lord. Him to give them spiritual strength and wisdom that comes from above. Any questions? for when the new baby “Hope you answer me soon, here are serving the Lord, dedicated to the care of orphans, needy of love family. these times we live in, families are being influenced by the enemy that walks seeking someone to devour and destroy, and often do just that divisions by destroying homes, it is important to pray for the families stay together and battle the enemy, although we are in the world, are not of this world, but the Lord, and he has prepared our heavenly home. We greet you with peace of our Lord and adding more blessings to their lives.

Gil May 27, 2011 at 8:27 am

Dear Ana,
What a joy to learn of your ministry there! One of the first books we read together as a young married couple was a biography of George Mueller who began an orphanage in England. The amazing testimonies of God’s provision and direction in his life and ministry impacted our lives greatly. To this day, many of the early convictions we felt God leading us to make were a result of reading that book. As young married Christians, the Lord began to grow us through the preaching of our local church. Another powerful tool that drew us closer to Him and to each other was the Institute in Basic Life Principles Basic Seminar. We learned the basics of faith builders like memorizing & meditating on God’s word, the importance of seeking wisdom from above for life’s decisions, learning contentment and forgiveness, learning the neccesity of fleeing from temptation, learning to have harmony in our marriage, etc. I wish every Christian & every married couple would make it a priority to watch these DVDs.
May God continue to pour out His grace upon you as you strive to serve Him! God bless! Kelly

Pam May 27, 2011 at 12:50 am

Please come to New England!!! Specifically, Massachusetts or Connecticut :)

Sherri May 27, 2011 at 4:41 am

So neat to see that you’ll be visiting N.C.! We’re south of Yadkinville in Charlotte, so we might just have to take a little ride to come meet ya’ll! ;-)

Mrs. Brown May 27, 2011 at 4:59 am

I agree with Pam!!! I’m in CT and I know it would be such a blessing if you all came this way!

Gil May 27, 2011 at 8:14 am

Dear Pam & Mrs. Brown,
We’ll have to start praying toward that goal! The blessing would be mutual as I know we’d be encouraged to meet you! Love, Kelly

Pam May 27, 2011 at 11:57 am

Thank you Kelly! I will be praying, too, that a visit from all of you to CT will happen one day!

Blessings,
Pam

Erica Miller May 27, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Oh I would love to meet you guys in Nashville. We live just 20 minutes from Cornerstone Church. We aren’t ATI members and had thought about going to check it out and meet people but my husband doesn’t have enough vacation time for it. Your family is very encouraging!!

Joyce Adams May 27, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Can we putCalifornia (West Sacramento/Sacramento area)on the prayer list please????? HA!

Blessings to all of the Bates!
Joyce

Melody May 27, 2011 at 10:15 pm

I’m going try to make Camden, MI if I don’t have to work! I would love to meet all off you.

Emma May 28, 2011 at 9:36 am

Looking forward to meeting you and your family in Camden. I attended last year and had a wonderful time.
FYI, there’s a great Amish bakery just 1/2 mile down the road from the park. The fudge is delicious.

Nicole May 29, 2011 at 2:37 am

If you make it to California, do we dare ask you to stop in Los Angeles too?

Amanda Smith May 29, 2011 at 4:45 pm

Will you be posting more info as to what times and where you’ll be when you visit MI? We live in MI and would love to come see your family! We actually wanted to come to the ATI homeschool conference but it didn’t work out this year, but hopefully next year.

Annie May 29, 2011 at 8:39 pm

A blessing to catch up on your family! What a joy to be able to share your faith and testimony with others. We are also, like someone above, near Sacramento and would love to come to a conference sometime! May the hearts be opened to the Lord’s message you’ll be sharing!

Josiah Woodfield May 30, 2011 at 4:56 am

Surprised to see your family heading northwest to Iowa, that’s a pretty long drive from Tennessee!

Is the meeting there an open meeting like a church or such, or is like a reunion type thing?

Had the privilege to attend college with Ms Erin for a semester last year, would love to meet your sons who are my age and hear Bro. Bates preach if I ever have opportunity! My friend Pastor Davis speaks highly of your family, and its always a joy to fellowship with other homeschoolers.

Gil May 30, 2011 at 11:16 pm

Dear Josiah,
It is open to the public and you can find out more information through the family hosting it. Love, Kelly

Sam May 30, 2011 at 8:25 am

God Bless!!

kyra May 30, 2011 at 12:02 pm

it would be wonderful if we could pray that you could come to england (manchester) and meet with all of your followers here, i for one would love to attend some kind of conference, you and your husband could do, about young marriages, raising babies, keeping the lord secure within ourselves and family life, as i know we can all struggle from time to time with each one of those things, i have previously messaged you about some advice for young families, and we have been taking all of that advice you gave us in are stride, and have recently spent alot more time together, and have our first date night on our calender since our 1st daughter came along 4 years ago, we have also ordered a couple of films to watch as a family, including fireproof! i will be in prayer that one day soon the lord will send you our way, speak soon, take care and God Bless, love Kyra

Michael May 30, 2011 at 2:36 pm

God Bless!

Sam May 30, 2011 at 2:37 pm

God Bless You Guys!!!

Ana May 30, 2011 at 3:36 pm

Dear Brother Bates: I greet you with peace of our Lord, desiring to be very blessed and filled with the wisdom that comes from above. I contact you to ask in the name of Jesus, your faithful prayers for my adopted son Stephen, and that on June 2 will be subjected to a very delicate operation, the disabled and have health problems, God has placed in our care this orphan and must now pass through this difficult path, but with the help of our heavenly Father will move forward. From now I thank you, and know that your heart will have a place for my child. Brothers word says to pray for one another without ceasing, at all times and everywhere, love their word. BLESSINGS.

Gil May 30, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Dear Ana,
We will pray for Stephen and for his doctors. Love, Kelly

Carrie May 31, 2011 at 2:17 pm

Dear Sis Kelly & Bro Gil,

My eyes are literally tearing up as it has been my hearts desire to meet you all for some time now, especially after conversing via email with Sis Kelly about us trying to attend the ATI Conference, but our finances and vehicles would not allow for it this year. We live in Iowa and will be at the Bontrager’s “Turning the Hearts Celebration” in Kalona! Our 7yr old son is even more excited!
Sis Carrie

Gil May 31, 2011 at 3:21 pm

Dear Carrie,
Its always exciting to see God work. In spite of our dissappointments, He knows best! We’ll look forward to meeting you and God bless! Love, Kelly

Carrie June 1, 2011 at 4:33 am

Oh you are so right! Everything works for His good! See you in Kalona! Love, Carrie

Tammy June 2, 2011 at 3:42 pm

Are you planning on comeing to Illinoise or Indiana some time??? would love to hear Gil preach Gods word. and children sing and play there instruments!!!

Paulette June 2, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I am rejoicing that I will be able to worship with you in Yadkinville; what a blessing it will be. Praying for your safe and easy travel. God bless your family. Love, Paulette

Kay Walter June 6, 2011 at 5:52 am

Michaela, how much fabric does it take to make those dresses for the 6 youngest girls and also how much contrast fabric? Thanks, Kay

Gil June 6, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Dear Kay,
I’ll have to check on those numbers! She was missing sewing so much from being busy with her college that as soon as it was over she rushed to buy material for 2 matching sets with her own babysitting money! She couldn’t wait to use her free time to sew! She is such a gem! Love, Kelly

Kay Walter June 7, 2011 at 7:58 am

Indeed Michaela is a gem! I was looking at some fabric online at Hobby Lobby, then I realized I had no idea how much fabric would be needed. I’ve so enjoyed getting to know more about you and your lovely family. No wonder you all have so many friends and so many people want to meet you. Me among them!! Love and God Bless, Kay

Kay Walter June 23, 2011 at 2:03 am

Fabric was sent, Michaela is a very clever young woman so I’m sure she can do something with it. Love, Kay

Gil June 23, 2011 at 3:39 am

Dear Kay,
We came home from NC to find beautiful fabric & Michaella is jumping for joy! She has her weekend planned now!!! You are so thoughtful!!! Love, Kelly

Kay Walter June 24, 2011 at 10:31 pm

May God continue to bless Michaella’s giving heart. What a wonderful daughter and sister she is.

HeatherJane July 5, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Bates family: Have you ever thought about coming to Missouri (Kansas City)? I would love to hear you speak, your family is such an encouragment to me as I have some health challenges (Liver Transplant in 08 and sometimes it gives me some issues) but I know God is good all the time!

Gil July 5, 2011 at 6:27 pm

Dear Heather,
Gil usually speaks through invitation of a pastor when it doesn’t conflict with our schedule, but maybe God will bring us there sometime. Love, Kelly

Amanda July 5, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I asked earlier in the comments but I think it was overlooked. We live in MI and would like to come see you when you come but wondered if you had more details as far as what times and exact location? I also sent an email about swimwear.
Thanks,
Amanda

Gil July 5, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Dear Amanda,
I’m so sorry for the oversight… The conference dates are July 24-29 at the Chester Park in Camden, Michigan. Gil will preach on Sunday morning and Friday night. The family will sing throughout the week. The main speaker is Tom Harmon. Contact Harold Walker 517-398-2473 for more information. Thanks and God bless, Kelly

Amanda July 5, 2011 at 7:14 pm

Thanks so much and we look forward to hearing your family!
God Bless,