Thought for the Day

by Kelly on May 12, 2011

A friend sent this to us on Resurrection Sunday, but as I was reading it again, I marveled at the wonderful Lord we serve!

The greatest man in history, named Jesus, had no servants yet they called Him Master.

He had no degree, yet they called Him Teacher.

He had no medicines, 2yet they called Him Healer.

He had no army, yet kings feared Him.

He won no military battles, yet He conquered the world.

He committed no crime, yet they crucified Him.

He was buried in a tomb, yet He 44lives today!

(Photos by Alyssa)

1754

Lynn May 12, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Kelly, such inspirational words to remember and Alyssa, you have a great eye for taking such beautiful photos. As always thanks for sharing!

Jo May 12, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I really like the flowers with the blue sky! :)

Reva May 12, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Such true words, and truly beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Amanda May 12, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Thank you! HE is indeed a wonderful LORD to serve!

Blessings,
Amanda
Matthew 6:33

Christine May 12, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Kelly, so true what you wrote! The Lord is so wonderful and awesome! Alyssa, beautiful pictures you captured, just like our beautiful Lord and all the beauty and wonder He has given us on Earth. Probably just a taste of what Heaven will be like!

Gil May 13, 2011 at 4:45 am

Christine,
Thanks, but I didn’t write this one. A friend, Beth Milles, sent it and I’m not sure who to give credit to as author. But I was touched by the truth and irony of the message! God bless, Kelly

Kristi May 13, 2011 at 12:25 am

I love that! And the pictures are beautiful also.

~Kristi

Emily Raynes May 13, 2011 at 1:22 am

That’s a beautiful poem!! And the pictures look ~*AwEsOmE*~, Alyssa!!!! :)

Cristina Ciotinga May 13, 2011 at 7:06 am

Beautiful & beautiful photography too! :):)

andrea nijgh May 13, 2011 at 7:15 am

hallo,
My name is andrea I am a mother from holland I watch your family on the duggers show .I love the way you live and raise your children.
I’m sorry for mine english writing it is not so good .
God bless you al.
andrea

sara( italy) May 13, 2011 at 4:04 pm

That´s a nice poem and the photos show just a few of all the wonderful
reasons to serve the Lord.Alissa is so talented! Is she thinking about
becoming a photographer?

Gil May 13, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Sara,
Yes, she would love some training! She might choose that for her major?! Love, Kelly

Emma May 13, 2011 at 9:50 pm

Beautiful poem. I have seen that poem before and have put it as my status on Facebook on Easter week! It’s wonderful how many likes and comments you get. Any tool modern or old can be used for God’s glory!

brittani May 14, 2011 at 12:35 am

alyssa is so good at taking pictures she has a thing for that.

Heather B. May 14, 2011 at 1:23 am

Thank you, Mrs. Bates for sharing this. Miss Alyssa, beautiful photos! You really have a gift!

Sarah May 14, 2011 at 3:46 am

She would be really good at that! How is Alyssa doing I haven’t heard from her latly threw the letters I have sent to her?

God Bless,
Sarah

Gil May 14, 2011 at 6:22 am

Dear Sarah,
We’re all doing great, but have had a busy schedule… thank you for your concern! God bless, Kelly

Deepti May 14, 2011 at 7:45 am

These pictures are so beautiful! But is that duckling in a tree..?

Gil May 14, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Dear Deepti,
The photo is actually of one of our baby chicks on the ground surrounded by leaves. Love, Kelly

Miss Linda May 14, 2011 at 12:15 pm

How very lovely. Thank you so muc for sharing it. Please convey to Alyssa our admiration for her remarkable photographic skills! She is gifted!

brittani May 14, 2011 at 4:40 pm

i love the spring time and i want summer to come now i have birthday in the summer

Courtney May 15, 2011 at 1:30 am

Kelly, thanks for your inspiring words! And Alyssa….beautiful photos!!! Greg and I are still so very thankful for our time with you all and your family and look forward to the next time we get to see you. May the Lord bless you!

Jennifer B. May 15, 2011 at 2:38 am

Alyssa takes very nice photos. She definitely has talent as a photographer. The photo of the duckling is especially adorable! :)

sara( italy) May 16, 2011 at 4:18 pm

Kelly,I´m sure Alyssa will make the right decision, if she doesn´t choose that for her major,she will still have a wonderful avocation.
Why don´t your older children post,aren´t they interested in or are they too busy?

Gil May 16, 2011 at 6:12 pm

Dear Sara,
None of them are very interested in computer work or updating, and they are all extremely busy! Zach is working on college. In addition to that, he is county commissioner. He also works with the sheriff’s dept., fire dept., and is an EMT. On top of all that, we travel a good deal for Gil to preach! Michaella is also working on her college degree and has several babysitting and sewing jobs. Erin is also working on college courses and teaches 31 piano students (plus 7 of ours!). Lawson has a full time mowing company and is fixing to begin work on a degree. Nathan works with Gil on tree jobs and preaches at the nursing home each week. Alyssa & Tori stay pretty busy on schoolwork, piano & violin lessons & practice, house helping, & hobbies…. I would love for one of the children to take an interest though! Til then I peck along typing with one finger & try to devote about 15 min. every 3 days! I’m slow, but hopeful that someone may be encouraged along the way! Love, Kelly

sara( italy) May 17, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Wow,they have a lot do do!I go to a school where I have 13 different subjects and a lot of homework to do and in my free time I love taking care for my younger cousins.I´m not that good in computer work,it takes me 15 min. just to write this comment :)
I´m so grateful you take the time to encourage others with your blog,I can tell you that you influenced my life in a very positive way!GOD bless you and your wonderful family!

Daniel May 17, 2011 at 3:08 pm

It is awesome the great God we serve that he humble himself been God to save us. The Greatness of God love is far beyond what we can imagine “But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, and hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” —Ephesians 2:4-6.
The Love of God is grandiose and
powerful!!! His Love is much greater than you will ever be able to fully comprehend during our
physical existence. Once we begin to understand
the reality of the Love of God, you will never cease
to be amazed at how much greater His Love is
than you thought you understood it to be.

“Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever;
wisdom and power are his.
He changes times and seasons;
he deposes kings and raises up others.
He gives wisdom to the wise
and knowledge to the discerning.
He reveals deep and hidden things;
he knows what lies in darkness,
and light dwells with him.”. Daniel 2:20-23
Alyssa is great at pictures just like me. Take a look at the picture I took at: http://www.hopeinmusic.net/updates.html