Mother’s Day

by Kelly on May 8, 2011

IMG_7903

How thankful we are for moms that cared enough to love us, nurture us, and raise us! Looking back, we both realize we made LOTS of mistakes as children and our patient moms were always there for us anyway! Being older and having children of our own now helps us appreciate even more the sacrifices our moms made for us!

So with grateful hearts we say, “Thanks Mama Jane and Me-ma for the years youDSC08012_thumb[1]’ve invested in us and for continuing to be IMG_3593role models and encouragers!”

And to the many other moms we pray God will give each of you strength to continue, wisdom to make wise priorities, and longsuffering to endure hard times… Remember the hymn “It Will Be Worth It All” and

May God Bless You this Mother’s Day!

Mother’s Day Poem by Kelly 5-3-11

Dirty faces and sticky hands!

Loads of laundry… many demands!

Work, work, work, and more to do still!

Obediently listening to God’s will.

Graciously Mom maintained her poise,

In spite of the mess and the noise.

Mom overlooked the frequent spills.

She looked beyond the task of meals.

She lovingly forgave my numerous faults,

And managed to think on happy thoughts.

Now I’m grown and see the price Mom paid,

For all the memories of love she made.

How I long to model her smile,

To always go the second mile!

She surely was fit to be a Queen,

But chose instead to serve unseen.

Nancy Smith May 8, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Happy Mothers Day. Have a wonderful day with your family. Your poem is so true of what all mothers go through as they raise their children.

Joyce May 8, 2011 at 6:22 pm

What a beautiful poem Miss Kelly! Happy Mothers Day to all the moms
out there!

Kay Walter May 8, 2011 at 6:43 pm

Great poem, Kelly. Happy Mother’s Day to you. On Friday I got 2 dozen roses from my ex daughter-in-law. How nice is that, bless Lynn’s heart! Lynn knows that she will be a daughter to me always.

D. May 9, 2011 at 1:20 am

A Great day to remember our mothers which gave or have given everything to help us children succeed. I have always like this verse and it is an encouragement to press forward “Great peace have they which love thy law and
nothing shall offend them.” Psalm 119:165
Let’s us follow the example that our christian mothers has set let us learn from their humbleness it is the path towards eternity.

Lynsey May 9, 2011 at 11:47 am

Happy mothers day to one of the bravest mothers of all time!

Jennifer May 9, 2011 at 12:18 pm

And a great big thanks to you as well Kelly for choosing to share your journey and encourage other mothers as we start out on our journeys! Happy mother’s day =)

sara( italy) May 9, 2011 at 5:12 pm

You are a real poet Kelly!Happy Mother´s Day!

Emily Raynes May 9, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Hey Mrs. Kelly, I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day!! :) Loved the poem!!

Kristi May 9, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Beautiful poem. I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day!! :)

~Kristi

Pam May 9, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I loved the poem! I happen to recently hear a story called “The Invisible Woman” (author unknown), it is beautiful as well! Anyone interested, just needs to “Google” the title and many sites will pop up! I hope all Moms had a very happy day!

Brenda May 9, 2011 at 11:08 pm

Hope you had a beautiful Mother’s day Kelly! Your poem was so moving.
God Bless!

Sarah May 10, 2011 at 1:15 pm

I hope you had a very good mothers day Mrs. Bates!

Miss Linda May 10, 2011 at 1:40 pm

I hope you had a wonderful Mother’s Day. It is such a blessing to see the example you are to your own daughters, who will one day be mothers themselves!

“She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.” (Proverbs 31:27-29)

Carrie May 11, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Loved your poem! And always enjoy being encouraged by friends. I talked about that in my mother’s day post on my blog as well. We had a great time too! :)

Johanna Kautt May 11, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Could I post your poem (with credit to you) for my Mom on my blog?

Thanks and I hope you had a blessed Mother’s Day!

~Johanna

Gil May 11, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Dear Johanna,
Feel free to use the poem, but don’t worry about the credit… any ideas I have I owe to the Lord and to other people who I’ve learned from… Thanks for the encouragement, though! Love, Kelly

Lynn May 11, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Kelly, I am so happy to hear you had a great Mother’s Day!! Your poem was beautiful! You are very creative and thanks so much for sharing! You are TRULY BLESSED!!

Johanna Kautt May 12, 2011 at 3:17 am

Mrs. Bates,

Thank you SO much! :) I’ll still give credit to you.

God bless,