Revival

by Kelly on April 24, 2011

_MG_5661

Monday and Tuesday night we had the privilege of hearing Pastor Billy Seats preach near our home town at a revival in Knoxville, TN at New Life Baptist Church with Pastor David McGinness, Jr. Needless to say, our hearts were full and renewed after some tremendous preaching and fellowshipping with friends!

But best of all, God answered our prayers and touched Trace’s heart during the Tuesday night message! After hearing Pastor Seat’s message “A living dog is better than a dead lion,” from Ecclesiastes 9:4,Trace went to the altar weeping and asked God to save him! The nights of doubt and fear ended as the burden of sin was lifted! We cried and rejoiced and praised God with this sweet church family for an hour after the service! What a joy to see God move!

IMG_5665IMG_5669

Nancy Smith April 24, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Congratulations to Trace on his decision to follow the Lord. I am sending you and your family Easter blessings. Have a wonderful Lord’s Day.

Selina Bruner April 24, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Congratulations to Trace!!!! This is the very best and most important decision you will ever make.I pray God’s direction in your sweet life as you journey forward for Him. Love you all!

Rosemarie M April 24, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Praise the Lord! Congratulations Trace on your dicision to follow the Lord.Amen!

Lea April 24, 2011 at 9:44 pm

What a wonderful praise to read ! Thanks for sharing and rejoicing with you!

Jennifer B. April 24, 2011 at 11:26 pm

God bless Trace! Congrats to him! :-)

Laura April 24, 2011 at 11:56 pm

Congratulations trace! God bless you

Henry and Family April 25, 2011 at 12:48 am

Congratulations Trace! Praise the Lord. We are rejoicing with you and your family.

holly April 25, 2011 at 2:19 am

hi bates family,
I really enjoy reading your blo. I find it very encouraging to read.Upon reading about Trace and your other young girls giving their hearts to the Lord, I cried as I felt their joy and happiness and as parent of two young boy’s I also felt your joy and happiness. May the Lord continue to bless you and your family. Sending love to you and your family from my family and have a happy Easterxx

T. Gates April 25, 2011 at 1:21 pm

I’m so happy and blessed to hear of Trace’s decision! Praise the Lord!

Lynsey April 25, 2011 at 3:17 pm

congrats Trace!!! :)

Pam April 28, 2011 at 1:08 am

Please come to New England! There are many of us here who would so welcome your message!!!

Jack & Tricia Vaughn April 28, 2011 at 1:16 am

Hi Bate Family, Praise the Lord on Trace’s salvation. You guys are a blessing to our family. Glad you also got to go on the mission trip with JimBob and Michelle Duggar. God Bless your family.

Jennifer L April 28, 2011 at 2:00 am

Congratulations, Trace!

I was about his age when I got saved. March 11, 1981– it’s been over 30 years!

Miss Linda April 28, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I am very concerned for your welfare after hearing about the terrible storms last night. Please post a message to let us know if your family is safe and whether your property sustained any damage. I was praying earnestly for you all last night while heairng of the storms.

Gil May 3, 2011 at 7:23 am

Dear Linda,
Thank you for your concern and prayers. We were on our way to Texas for a week long homeschool conference where Gil would be preaching. during the course of travel we stopped at 3 motels for shelter during the storms. One tornado hit 5 miles from one of those motels (Hot Springs, AR)… then during the week at the conference we all sought shelter during another tornado and found out later that the tornado hit 10 minutes away. On the way home we drove through Tuscaloosa, Alabama where so much tremendous devastation occurred earlier that week. So many were left homeless. So many lost lives and so many still missing… Our prayers are with all of these suffering families. God Bless, Kelly

Karen April 28, 2011 at 3:29 pm

PRAISE THE LORD! What a blessing. Short of my own salvation, I don’t think there’s anything better in the world than seeing my own children enter into a relationship of their own with the Lord!

BrandyLynn April 28, 2011 at 10:05 pm

Congratulations Trace. Welcome to the “Family”. :)

We have 6 children all ages 8 and under, our oldest is the only one who has yet made a profession of faith in our Lord and Savior… I know that it is a joy to welcome your child n into the physical family as a newborn, but what greater rejoicing is had to be able to welcome them into the family when they become a newborn in the faith. :)

I thank the Lord and praise Him along with your family for answered prayer!

Tami April 28, 2011 at 10:46 pm

First of all, Congratulations, Trace, on the most important decision of your life! There is nothing like hearing about a soul meeting Jesus and making that decision. I have a question for you! we are looking into ATI and I will have a high schooler. How do you keep track and transfer over the credits from the wisdom booklets to their credits for their transcript???? I know you have been there and I am in an area that seems to not have to many ATI families (unfortunately). Any info would be great. Once again. Great news, Trace, and love the blog.

Joyce April 29, 2011 at 2:36 am

Congrats Trace! I’ll remember you all in our prayers. Be safe with all that bad weather going on back there!

God Bless!

Leila April 29, 2011 at 3:23 pm

Congratulations Trace!!

Dave and Alice Hull April 30, 2011 at 12:46 am

The Hulls are thrilled, too, to hear of Trace’s coming to the Lord. May he grow and flourish in the days, weeks and months to come. God bless and continue using all the Bates!

Kate McKinney May 1, 2011 at 1:16 am

Hi Kelly and Gil! What an exciting time for Trace! Praise the Lord! I’m writing because my husband and I ordered Gil’s Video about raising a family of 18 with no salary and finally got it yesterday- we were so excited! It was absolutely opposite of what we expected, though. We thought it would be about his tree business and what he does to support your family. It was so much more wonderful than that. What a testimony y’all have! We have some stories like that, but not nearly as many yet :) . We’ve been married 6 years and have 5 children 4 years and under. Anyhow, we just wanted to thank you for your testimony and for being willing to share what the Lord has taught you with other families like us. It’s 9:13 and I’m so sleepy, but we already decided to watch the DVD again tonight!
Kate and James McKinney
Florence, SC

PS- We’re watching it on our computer because we got rid of tv about 3 years ago after attending a conference by the Maxwells. It was the best decision of our life. You should share about that some more on your blog because I think other families would be blessed, too. :)

Michael S. May 1, 2011 at 1:19 am

I was inspired today reading about Enoch and Noah because both of them “walked with God” (Gen. 5:22-24 and Gen. 6:9). How are you close to God? The high and holy One that inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy, says that he dwells in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Trace, may God bless you with his peace, and may you remain broken before Him for the rest of your life.

Mrs. Starks May 1, 2011 at 2:36 am

Bates Family,

So sweet and encouraging to hear of Trace accepting our wonderful Christ Jesus as his Savior! Hallelujah!

Kristi May 2, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Praise the Lord! So happy for you Trace!!!

~Kristi

Miss Linda May 3, 2011 at 10:09 am

Dear Kelly, thank you *so very much* for responding. I have been checking your web site three or four times a day praying for some response or update from you to know whether you and your family were okay. I heard that parts of Tennessee were effected by the tornadoes and I was so frightened that something might have happened to you all. I am more relieved than I can say that you are all well.

I knew the Big Sandy conference was last week here in Texas and I was praying that you and your whole family were there rather than in the midst of the storms, but I was also fearful that perhaps your home had been damaged. I am overjoyed to hear you are all well. Thank you for putting my mind at ease and posting a response about your welfare.

I attend an IFB church here, and we were all praying for you and your family.

Jen May 5, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Wow! I just love seeing and also hearing storries of when people accept Jesus as their savior. I rememeber my day. I thought I had always been Christian but really I wasnt because of the religion I grew up in and as an adult I relized that the church was not true. My life got turned upside down and inside out but on that day I truely asked Jesus to come into my heart was a life changing experiance and now I have this wonderful relationship with our Heavenly Father. It is amazing now reading the Bible now having became a true Christian I am learning so much more. Prasie the Lord!!

Emma May 5, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Congrats Trace! You’ve made the Best Decision of your life!
Paul said that if Jesus isnt ressurected then we wasted our life. Our hope is built around Jesus being Alive! Don’t waste your Life!
Continue to love and serve the Lord Jesus!

Beanie November 9, 2011 at 5:33 pm

Wow! Praise God! I’ve been praying for Trace and I will continue to do so! :)