AN ENCOURAGING WEEKEND

by Kelly on April 20, 2011

We travelled to Lexington, NC to meet Pastor Jeremy Simpson of Walter’s Grove Baptist Church this pIMG_5633ast weekend. Gil preached the Sunday School service and our family sang  one of our favorite songs; in fact, we call it our theme song since we sing it so often: “The Lord Has Blessed Me in so Many Ways.” After our family sat down, Pastor Simpson told us his sister wrote that song when she was 12 years old! Then he told us that he wrote the song that the Duggar family often sings together: “Its Through the Blood.” What a joy to meet those responsible for the words that have touched so many lives! We were truly honored to take part in their church service!

Sunday p.m. brought us to Yadkinville, NC to Southside Baptist Church where Gil preached for our good friend Pastor Billy Seats. Each time we’re with the Seats family we are uplifted as Pastor Seats is one of the most loving and most encouraging pastors we _MG_5635know!

We rejoiced with the family over their daughter Katie’s engagement to Chad Shook (Chad’s dad, who is in Heaven, wrote the song “It Will Be Worth Every Mile”).

Pastor Seats drove to Knoxville, TN to preach in a revival near our home town the following week…(More news about this exciting time in our lives coming up on the next post!)

Tina Clabo April 20, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Our Children’s Choir at Bible Baptist Seymour sings “It’s Through The Blood” regularly! That is such an amazing song that touches my soul every time I hear it. How neat you met those wonderful writers.

Laura April 20, 2011 at 9:03 pm

I love both those songs! God bless

Kelli April 20, 2011 at 11:29 pm

You should post a video of your wonderfull family singing your theme song! Ive never heard them sing it before :( haha

Mary anne April 20, 2011 at 11:31 pm

Oh yes! Please id love to hear such a beautiful song…sung by such a beautiful family!

Karen April 21, 2011 at 12:07 am

Ok, now I’m envious ;) I can’t believe y’all were at the Simpson’s and I didn’t know about it! Of course, right now we’re 1100 miles away so it really wouldn’t have mattered anyway. Our church choir sang there two years ago – good time! And I didn’t know Br. Shook’s son got engaged….I feel like we’ve moved to the end of the earth up here by the Canadian border! Guess I’ll have to get all my ‘back home’ news from YOUR updates :)

so, I guess I have nothing terribly interesting to say but I’ll say again that I enjoy reading what is going on within the Bates family and I am looking forward to one day meeting you in person!

amber landers April 21, 2011 at 4:18 am

Thank you for those amazing songs we love so many and it’s nice to know what others like. It gives us time to try something new. Thanks again for all the post and letting us all in to your family this way.

Lacey S. April 21, 2011 at 6:59 am

Thank you so much for sharing this post, I heard the Duggar family sing that song several years ago and I have always wondered who sang it and wrote it, now I know! ;) Do you happen to know if that song is available on CD anywhere? Thank so much and God bless you all.

Denise April 21, 2011 at 10:11 pm

As Karen said in a previous comment, I can’t believe you were so close to my house in both Lexington and especially Yadkinville. I would have surely visited one or both of the services.I have heard several of the Simpson men preach in the past. When will you be in the Winston Salem area again?

Gil April 22, 2011 at 7:45 am

We will be back in Yadkinville on Father’s Day, Lord willing. Love, Kelly Bates

Emma April 22, 2011 at 11:27 am

Happy Easter Bates Family!

Let us remember on this holy weekend that. If there was only one person on earth to have ever sinned. Jesus still would had went to the cross for that one person’s sin! God is truly an Awesome God!
Grace Happens!

Brenda Hinshaw April 22, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Our whole family just wanted to wish the Bates Family A Happy & Blessed Easter! He is Risen- Let us rejoice & be glad.

sara April 24, 2011 at 1:17 pm

Happy Easter Bates family!

rebecca April 27, 2011 at 12:50 pm

beautiful song wishing you all a blessed easter, i wish we had your beliefs over here.. god bless

Jessica April 27, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Your family is really beautiful.

Denise April 27, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Kelly, Thanks so much for letting us all know.
Your family is truly a blessing to so many of us. And, yes, good Lord willing, will see you in Yadkinville in June!

Pam May 1, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Please consider visiting New England, too! There are many of us who pray for such encouraging and blessed people to bring His message to us! We will welcome you with open arms :)

Kristi May 2, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Love the Simpson family! As a matter of fact, they were in a meeting this weekend that we were at up in Marion NC at Zion Hill Baptist. My youngest is sitting here right now listening and watching them sing on is iPod that he recorded at that meeting. That’s a blessing to me. :)

~Kristi

Jessica May 4, 2011 at 7:11 pm

We just heard Bro Simpson at Light of Calvary Baptist the week before yall were at their church. I heard him telling someone that yall would be there. I wish we were closer to NC… we’d have definitely loved to heard yall sing!! Bro Jeremy Simpson and his family are such a blessing!

Denise May 13, 2011 at 12:05 am

Hello there. We are making plans to come and hear/see y’all in Yadkinville on Father’s Day. Will it be the morning or evening service? I have been calling the church but so far, no information.
Praying for your safe travels wherever you go!

Gil May 13, 2011 at 4:44 am

Denise,
It will be the morning service… Maybe night service too (I’ll check!) Look forward to seeing you there! God bless, Kelly

Denise May 13, 2011 at 10:02 pm

Kelly, Thank you so much for the quick response, that surely helps us to plan a little better. I will continue to try to reach the church for exact times!

michelle crystal herndon October 10, 2013 at 7:59 pm

i was wondering if they sang there aint nothing better then Jesus

Kelly October 13, 2013 at 3:39 am