Hearts Renewed

by Kelly on April 9, 2011

IMG_5579    Parents rejoice to see their children desiring to please the Lord and reconciling wrongs in their lives.

We recently experienced a small revival in our family when Erin was prompted to begin praying for her siblings. After many tears and hours of secret devotion, the fruit begin to show in the lives of others. Several young siblings began asking about salvation and began to experience conviction of sin. One sibling wrote long letters of apology to each brother and sister, asking forgiveness for various offenses and thereby gaining a clear conscience.

When questioning what prompted all of this, the credit was given to a message “Pleasing the Lord” preached by Brother Pauley during chapel at Crown College.

Since it has had such a tremendous impact among our family, I’d like to encourage you to get a copy of this message if you have young people that have a heart for pleasing God.  IMG_5572scott_pauley[1]IMG_5565

(See media resources to watch live chapel services or archived messages)

Julie Williams April 9, 2011 at 10:19 am

I am so encouraged to read that. So many time we as parents believe since our children live in the same household as other firmly planted Christians and follow us to worship services that they automatically know the love of Jesus and are saved. The fact is everyone must come to that knowledge, and frankly it may be harder for those who live in truly Christian homes. This encourages me in every way.
I look forward to meeting you at the ATI conference in Big Sandy. This is our first conference there and I am beyond excited. We purchased a small camper (we only have 3 thus far ages 10, 9 & 6) and hopefully will meet some wonderful families. There are no other ATI families in our area.

JenT April 9, 2011 at 4:14 pm

How wonderful. Bro. Pauley always did have inspiring messages.

Lynsey April 9, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I think the letter is so cute and thoughtful! :]

Karen April 9, 2011 at 10:59 pm

PRAISE THE LORD!!! I will certainly have to listen to this message. I just came over to say what a blessing your family has been to ours. Even though we’ve only caught a glimpse here and there, your faith shines through as genuine and the joy in your home is such a blessing to see. May the Lord continue to bless your family!

Chad April 10, 2011 at 12:16 am

Praise God for his faithfulness in working in hearts and lives. =]

Cynthia S. April 10, 2011 at 2:51 am

PTL!!! what a blessing:) A similar occurence happened in our home here. I was convicted to pray about my siblings salvations and I asked them about it. They both said they had doubts and I shared my testimony with them(again:) They went to my parents and got their eternity settled. Hallelujah He’s a prayer answering God! Even though we’ve been raised in a Christian home, never take for granted your loved ones assurance of salvation. Many prayers and well wishes!

T. Gates April 10, 2011 at 8:58 pm

Oh, if more people would pray like this! The WORLD would be a different place! Such a blessing to know that a sibling cared enough about her brothers and sisters to desire their hearts to change! Praise God!

amber landers April 11, 2011 at 4:41 am

thank you for this note love, for her sisters and brothers.

Miss Linda April 12, 2011 at 1:01 am

What a truly inspiring testimony. I pray that God will continue to move mightily within your family circle, and outward as a light shining on a hill.

Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. James 5:16

Henry and Family April 12, 2011 at 1:23 am

PTL! We rejoice with your family. Our prayers are with you all.

Shanna April 12, 2011 at 6:41 pm

I was unable to find the audio you are speaking of. Could you please post a direct link to it?