New Life

by Kelly on April 5, 2011

IMG_5553

“Behold, old things are passed away. All things are made new.”

Katie and Josie both recently accepted the Lord as their Savior and followed the Lord’s example of baptism as a sign of their new life in Christ. They had spent many nights studying and praying about this decision! We know the angels in Heaven are rejoicing! Please pray that God will give them strength to honor Him with their lives!

Camie April 5, 2011 at 9:34 pm

Praise the Lord! Girls you made the best decision you could ever make. (I’m sure your parents already told you that)

Mrs. P. April 5, 2011 at 10:07 pm

Praise the Lord that your precious daughters have chosen to follow Christ, and at such early ages. I also wanted to say that you have a beautiful family and that what I have seen of your family (on your appearances of 19 Kids and Counting and your website) has been a real inspiration for me. It is obvious from what little i have seen that your deep love for the Lord permeates all parts of your lives.

Miss Linda April 5, 2011 at 10:51 pm

Hallelujah!! I know the angels are rejoicing (Luke 15:10) at least as much as your family over this truly wonderful news. Thank you for sharing this. I pray that they will continue to grow into pious, godly women. I know they will be a blessing to all with whom they come in contact.

Mrs. Brown April 5, 2011 at 10:54 pm

Oh AMEN AMEN AMEN! What a blessing for your family!

regina April 5, 2011 at 10:59 pm

praise the lord!! the best decision you will ever make!

Tina April 5, 2011 at 11:13 pm

How wonderful!! :) Congratulations to Katie and Josie! It’s such a blessing to see children accept HIM! Thank God that my 3 boys have made that decision as well!

Christine April 5, 2011 at 11:21 pm

Praise Jesus!!!!!!

Julianne April 5, 2011 at 11:23 pm

How Beautiful! Welcome to the family of God dear sisters in Christ! What an exciting time for both of you!! It is always so wonderful to hear about new believers coming to Christ and experiencing the true love he has for us all! I want to echo Camie – it is truly the best decision you will ever make!!

Blessings,

Julianne

Jody April 5, 2011 at 11:47 pm

Awesome!! Congratulations Katie & Josie!!

Joyce April 6, 2011 at 2:52 am

Congratulations to both of you young ladies! The angels are having a party in heaven! Stay in prayer & I will too!

In His Name,
Joyce

Liane April 6, 2011 at 3:13 am

Praise the Lord..!!
If you confess with your mouth, : Jesus is Lord,” andbelieve in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved….

Jordin April 6, 2011 at 3:35 am

Praise the Lord!!! May you both grow to be mighty warriors for Jesus.

Kristen April 6, 2011 at 3:53 am

Praise the Lord that your daughters have chosen this path. :)

On another note… I happened upon your website after attending a recent homeschool convention and learning that the Duggar’s and perhaps your family use a school choice we are considering. I was researching and looking for reviews on this when I saw the blog post about your precious baby.

My husband and I have 5 babies in Heaven that we have never held, and one precious boy who was born full term at 39 weeks and weighed in at nearly 10lbs … but lived only 36 hours. At that time my husband and I did not know the love and support of Christ and we faltered and fell and failed at recovering. One day, upon my knees I cried out for the Lord and from that day on I have felt His peace over me, guiding me and holding me up even when it seems so much easier to be weak. We have 2 beautiful children here on Earth and, Lord willing, will have more. We have also shared the love of Christ with numerous foster children in our state. All children are a blessing, something I never would have fully appreciated had I not experienced the losses of my unborn babies and my infant son.

I did not know the love of Christ, and yet He was still with me. From one Mommy with babies waiting in Heaven to another … {{hugs}} and {{prayers}}

DH April 6, 2011 at 4:17 am

Praise the Lord for His mighty blessing to your family.

Kay Walter April 6, 2011 at 8:41 am

How pretty are those little gals??? All the Bates kids are beautiful, inside and out, aren’t they?

Natalie January 24, 2013 at 5:21 am

They are!:)

Ada April 6, 2011 at 4:48 pm

Praise the Lord!!!!

Susan Watson April 6, 2011 at 5:11 pm

Praise ye the Lord! Praise, all ye servants of the Lord! :D

Karen April 6, 2011 at 7:37 pm

Praise the lord. That is great news. You don’t hear much good news anymore. I don’t live to far from you just up the road in KY.

Lynsey April 6, 2011 at 8:04 pm

so wonderful!! congratulations girls!!

Kristi April 6, 2011 at 8:32 pm

Praising the Lord for our new SISTERS in Christ! :)

~Kristi

T. Gates April 7, 2011 at 2:04 am

Praise God! Glory, glory how the angels sing!

Angela April 7, 2011 at 6:36 am

What a wonderful blessing!!!

Sheree G. April 7, 2011 at 3:53 pm

What a day of rejoicing!!! Kelly-you and your family are always in my prayers and I am always thinking of you all!!! I was really touched by Kristen’s comments! Thank you Kristen for your truth and inspiration:) I want to say thank you Kelly (Bates) for your new friendship and it’s times like this when I am so thankful for the Bate’s family of love, support, and friendship!! I pray you all know how many lives you are touching for the love of Christ!!

Henry and Family April 8, 2011 at 12:55 am

We are praising the Lord for you all. What a great decision Katie and Josie have made. May the Lord bless them in their walk and growth with Him.

Johanna Kautt April 8, 2011 at 1:48 am

Hallelujah praise Jehovah! :) I’m so glad for you, Katie and Josie!! I’ll be praying for you two as you start your new life in Christ.

Your sister (in Christ),
Johanna

candice April 8, 2011 at 1:28 pm

thank you for making a great role model in are life!
Blessings,
candice

Selina Bruner April 8, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Praise the LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m praying for the Lord’s strength and direction in the days to come!!!

Amy Morton April 9, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Praise Jesus!! Such wonderful news – welcome, Josie and Katie, to the amazing family of God! Heaven is indeed rejoicing!

JenT April 9, 2011 at 4:15 pm

What a blessing!

Karen April 9, 2011 at 11:00 pm

PRAISE THE LORD!!! There is nothing like seeing one of your children enter into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Praise Him!

carrie April 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Oh PRAISE the Lord in deed! I am so very happy for all of you!

Reva April 11, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Praise the Lord!!

Katie April 11, 2011 at 9:12 pm

congratulations Katie
and also
congratulation Josie
we also have a large family just like you

Jan April 12, 2011 at 10:40 am

This is such precious news!

I love to see your family when you appear with the Duggars. Both of your families bring such encouragement, and truly, your light does shine before men!

Michael S. April 17, 2011 at 12:56 am

Sister Katie and sister Josie! Hallelujah! Jesus is the Author of your faith, and He is the finisher of your faith, and He Who has begun a good work in you will keep you to the end. Since peace with God means war with sin and the flesh, never put your swords down. You can fight forever because you are resting in the One Whose power never ends. Those who overcome will eat of the tree of life and sit with Christ in His throne. “And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: to the end He may establish your hearts unblamable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.” 1 Thess. 3:

Rachel April 18, 2011 at 9:40 pm

Praise God! Rejoicing with your family!