Many Thanks

by Kelly on March 28, 2011

One day our children met a nearby neighbor, Mrs. Gail Davis. We enjoyed meeting her and hearing her testiIMG_5513mony. She in turn introduced us to her sister from Atlanta…Soon after, her sister and brother-in-law, Mr. & Mrs. Bill Buchanan, volunteered to install and provide railing for our porch. We were shocked when they called to offer such a huge gift! His crew came from Atlanta to install industrial strength railing the full length of our porch…which saved us thousands of dollars! It was an unexpected gesture of kindness that we have thoroughly enjoyed! We are certainly indebted to many who have gone out of their way to do so much for our family! We are indeed grateful!

logomaintopimagemaintopimage

www.highlanderrailing.com

Miss Linda March 28, 2011 at 1:37 pm

What a wonderful, thoughtful gift! I should think the vinyl railing will be perfect for your busy household–no chance of chipping paint or rotting wood. It delights my soul to read of such selfless kindness shown by one child of God to another! :)

sonja petersen March 28, 2011 at 4:51 pm

God bless your neighbors and their family who did such a great job. Helping people is the best way to show Gods love. We all should help each other more (and more) to make the world a little bit better. Much love, Sonja

Julianne March 28, 2011 at 6:35 pm

What wonderful neighborly love! I have always dreamed of having a front porch like yours!

sheree gantt March 28, 2011 at 9:11 pm

I am so thankful you have neighbors that are so caring and thoughtful!! I pray that more others share their gifts and talents with each other!! I pray the Lord will bless us according to His will in His timing:) Can’t wait to see the porch myself:)!!!

Pam March 28, 2011 at 10:43 pm

Wow! What a beautiful, surprise blessing! I love front porches; and it looks like your precious daughter does, too! Adorable photo :)

Carrie March 29, 2011 at 12:42 am

Praise the Lord in deed! What a wonderful act of Gods love.

arc March 29, 2011 at 5:00 pm

If only others would do the same and help each other out! What an inspiration this story is; hopefully it will inspire others to do for their fellow man.

nicola lockhart March 29, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Just as kind as you were sending me the cd, Ive told everyone about your kindness. You are a great inspiration to me. Thank you
Nicola Lockhart

Jessica March 30, 2011 at 3:06 am

God bless, what an inspiration this story is to us all. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It is not just about attitude, it is about kind and loving service as well!

Amy Sue March 30, 2011 at 4:06 am

I love to see your family on the Duggar show, I watched last night at how much love & compassion you all have to be servants of God, it’s your turn to reap the harvest that you all have sown in so many lives, mine being one of them, I don’t know you all or the Duggars but your families have touched my life. Thank you!

Denise March 30, 2011 at 12:05 pm

It is so nice when God sends us blessings from others.

Emily S. March 30, 2011 at 9:23 pm

What an amazing gift and blessing! God is so good!!!

Annette April 1, 2011 at 12:32 pm

What a lovely gift! Such a wonderful lesson in how giving of yourself encourages others to bless others!

Courtney (WomenLivingWell) April 3, 2011 at 4:07 pm

It’s beautiful and I’m so happy for you!
Courtney