by Kelly on March 15, 2011

DSC09164DSC09145DSC09165

We’d like to say a special “Thanks” to the many who have sent their condolences through our web site comments and e-mails for the loss of our unborn baby . We’ve also received flowers and cards! Most of all, we’ve been lifted up in prayer and have felt love and concern from so many – even people we’ve never met! Having such friendships and support has given us hope and strength. We are extremely grateful for the time you’ve taken to invest in our lives, to share similar stories, and to offer encouragement…

Much love in Christ,

DSC09158Kelly & Gil

Dave and Kristy Edmisten March 15, 2011 at 11:23 pm

You and your family keep us strong; thank you so much for sharing your personal life and story with us!

God called us into ministry (www.justopenthebook.com) this past year placing a burden on our hearts to intercede into the internet world. We feel so sad that more people spend more time on their computers (or phones) than they do in the Bible. It’s been a HUGE leap of faith and it’s God who carries us through each day, some days more challenging than others.

Your below post about God being good always was incredibly heart-filling; thank you! God is great, always!

We’re praying for you and your family and will continue to do so.
Thanks for your strong faith!
Much love,
The Edmisten family
Dave & Kristy plus our 4 (and 5th on the way) gifts of joy!

Delores March 15, 2011 at 11:49 pm

Kelly & Gil,
We are so truly sorry for your loss and our prayers as well are with you.
Verlin and I have become so very fond of you and your sweet family and you have been such a blessing to us. We are so proud to be members of your church family and considered as your friends.
May God continue to give you the strength and His forever comfort during this time and always.

Lots of hugs,
Delores and Verlin

Courtney (WomenLivingWell) March 16, 2011 at 12:53 am

OH I missed the last blog post so I am just reading about your loss for the very first time. I am so sorry :-( . I pray that you are comforted by God’s presence during this difficult time.
So sincerely sorry :-(
Much Love,
Courtney

Miss Linda March 16, 2011 at 2:21 am

I do hope you are doing well. You and your family have been so much on my mind and in my prayers. May God continue to comfort all of you.

“For the people shall dwell in Zion at Jerusalem: thou shalt weep no more: He will be very gracious unto thee at the voice of thy cry; when He shall hear it, He will answer thee.” (Isaiah 30:19)

Audra March 16, 2011 at 3:46 am

Gil, Kelly and Family,

Every child is a gift from God. I recently lost my father last October in a terrible motorcycle accident. I lost him when our only child was 7 months old. I have to celebrate our son’s birthday this weekend knowing that my father is not going to be here. It was at this time that I have come to know Jesus Christ very well and have always had an active part in our church but never fully let God control my life. I have since understand that God has his reasons for taking people “home”. I am only 27 and it wasn’t the fact my father was gone it was how he passed away very painfully. I have complete trust in God knowing that he will take care of me as he will you.

Know that we are praying for your family and God will bless you again! Thank you for sharing your lives with us!

God has and will continue to richly bless you!

Barb Watson March 16, 2011 at 1:04 pm

Kelly & Gil: We’ve never met. I keep up with your family via the website and I do enjoy it. I just wanted you to know that I am so very sorry for your loss and please know that you are in my thoughts and my prayers. Take care of yourselves….

Stephanie B March 16, 2011 at 2:02 pm

Gil and Kelly,
My family and I are deeply saddened by your loss. We have lost a baby before and even though I was only 12 weeks it was a great loss for us. I wish I had known GOD when this happened to us, but sadly we didnt. I know that God does everything in perfect timing and you and your family are an inspiration to mine. thank you for sharing your life, the happy times and the sorrow. We all can learn from your strong faith!

sheree gantt March 16, 2011 at 2:12 pm

Dear Gil,Kelly, and Family,
I pray for you all!! You all are such special wonderful people!! You give the word “family” such honor and meaning!!! I wish I had the time and space to write how you all have turned my life more towards Christ!!! You all are such a blessing!! I treasure your cards-such words of wisdom:) You all are touching so many lives with your faith!! You will be healed and joy is already there with you all!!! There is strength in numbers and may you all continue your deep walk in Christ serving His kingdom:)!!! We love you all!!!

Sheree and Family

Cassandra March 16, 2011 at 3:45 pm

Gil, Kelly, and Family,

I am truley sorry for your loss. I believe God has a plan for all our lives. God placed “Zion” with you for a short time and then removed “Zion” from your life so soon but the Lord saw that that was fit for your life. God works in many ways some we understand others not. I do believe “Zion” was a gift from God and that soon the Lord will bless you with another little baby one that will prosper this time.

Much Love, Cassandra

Andrea March 16, 2011 at 5:24 pm

I am truly sorry for your loss. Having suffered two miscarriages myself, I know the pain you are feeling. I have two beautiful daughters and my youngest would not be here if my other babies had not passed. I know they are waiting for me in heaven. I can’t wait to meet them one day!
Please know your whole family is in my prayers. I enjoy reading about your family and your lives. Your strong faith encourages me to have a stronger relationship with our Lord and I thank you for that!
God Bless you all!

Jamie March 17, 2011 at 4:09 am

So Sorry to hear about your loss. I too have had miscarriages and I have had 3 healthy girls. I know that this is a difficult time for you. May God comfort you and wrap his loving arms around you.

Gloria March 17, 2011 at 2:45 pm

I am so extremely sorry for your loss. May God comfort and keep you all in HIS loving arms.

Carol March 17, 2011 at 4:31 pm

May the LORD continue to give you strength.

Nicki Bays March 17, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Bates Family,
I’m so sorry for your loss. I check in occasionally to read about your wonderful family; you all are so encouraging and such a blessing. I know God will provide you all with the strength and comfort you need to get through this tough time. I will keep you all in my prayers.

“The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him” –Nahum 1:7

May God Bless you all :)

Marilyn March 17, 2011 at 9:48 pm

Dear Kelly, I sent you a note in your previous post and my heart is still aching for all of you. What I neglected to ask was: KELLY, how you feeling physically? I pray that you continue to gain strength and as I often say “one day at a time sweet Jesus” … I hope you continue to feel better and better every single day. Hugs to you all ~ Love, Marilyn

Jennifer March 18, 2011 at 12:25 am

I just learned of your blog, and also of your recent loss. I am so, so sorry. I have been through four miscarriages myself, as well as having 8 children. One thing that comforted me was to realize that the Lord doesn’t give miscarriages… He gives blessings… and that is something we can’t lose… your baby is an ETERNAL blessing! God bless your precious family!

In Christ’s Love,

Jennifer

Lizzy Becher March 18, 2011 at 12:25 am

Gil and Kelly

I am so sorry to hear about your loss. We are giving your our prayers and i hope you recover nicley. Good luck and i hope everything goes well for now on. Hugs to all. ~Lizzy

Brenda Hinshaw March 18, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Dear Gil & Kelly,
I haven’t checked your site since you shared the happy news. Something moved my heart to check today. I was so saddened to read of the loss of Zion. My thoughts & prayers are with you both & your entire family. As a mom of 6, I know children are truly unrepeatable gifts of God. I know you take comfort that you will be reunited with Zion in heaven. Take comfort also that you have a precious angel in heaven watching over you all. God Bless you for all you do to promote family values & how important it is to have the Lord as a daily presence in our lives!
God Bless,
Brenda

Daniel and Dusty Cline March 18, 2011 at 4:14 pm

We are so sorry for your loss. May God comfort you during this difficult time and thank you for being such wonderful examples of a godly family.

Renee' March 19, 2011 at 9:23 am

Dear Gil & Kelly,

I was saddened to hear of your loss. I too have suffered a miscarriage and my heart and prayers go out to you and your beautiful family. May Christ’s love comfort you and ease your pain.
Renee’

Someone Who Is Saddened March 20, 2011 at 9:45 pm

God Bless!

Amy March 21, 2011 at 12:41 am

I know how much it hurts to lose a baby, and this hits especially close to home since I am pregnant as well and not much further along than you were. My prayers are with your family during such a hard time.

Just wanted to encourage your family – the witness of families like yours was a huge inspiration to my husband and I. He had a successful reversal surgery last summer, done by a wonderful Christian doctor, and now we are anticipating our fourth child this fall and hope there are more to come. Considering my age and the length of time since our last baby, this pregnancy is truly a miracle. When we told our three children I was pregnant, they cried because they were so overcome with joy. Thank you so much for sharing your family life and the blessing of children.

Lisa March 25, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Gil and Kelly:
So sorry to hear of your loss. We too have experienced miscarriage (6) and have 6 living little blessings. God is good – even in the valleys. Praying for you and your family!

Sharon March 31, 2011 at 11:33 pm

I’m so sorry to learn of the loss of your precious Zion. How true that God is good all the time. Having lost two pregnancies, our gracious God has now blessed us with four beautiful children thru adoption. I look forward to learning how he will bless you and your beautiful family for remaining faithful during such a difficult time. May God richly bless you in the future. A sister-in-Christ !

Nathan and Sarina April 13, 2011 at 8:05 am

We serve an amazing God! Romans 8:28 comes to mind when thinking about this trying time for your family. You are an inspiration and know that He has already used you in so many ways to bring comfort to those who have also suffered a loss. God keeps his promises and you will hold your little one in Heaven. Know that we are praying for God to comfort you and bring you closer to Him and each other.

In His name,
Nathan and Sarina Murphy

Genieve April 16, 2011 at 3:29 pm

Oh I am so sorry for your loss.
I am glad to see that you feel loved in this time of sorrow and that you trust that God is Good in all things. Thank you for your Faith in Him. You are an amazing example.

Blessings,

Genieve

Belinda April 21, 2011 at 11:48 pm

I am just now learning about the loss of your baby. I am so sorry. I hope you are feeling better physically and emotionally.

Warmly,
Belinda

virginie April 22, 2011 at 11:13 am

je vis en france et grace a internet, qui brise les frontieres, j’ai pu decouvrir votre famille (via la famille duggar). vous m’avez apporté beaucoup grace a vos convictions et votre famille est un modele pour moi!
je suis desolé pour la perte de votre enfant, ca doit etre bien difficile!